2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 388 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

charlotte14

Medalist
RusFed being silly - there are like 20+ points difference between them internationally- Polina could medal here. Stasya will probably not even be in top 10.
And because Konstatinova did well at Russian Nats and they totally ignored international results. Such confusing reasons.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
RusFed being silly - there are like 20+ points difference between them internationally- Polina could medal here. Stasya will probably not even be in top 10.
Yep. Scoring potential has at least 20 points of difference, probably closer to 30 points. Polina on the other hand has a real chance of even doing better than a more or less clean Sotskova. And I can't exactly say Stanislava even is more consistent than Polina. Stanislava also is a year younger, still a junior... Polina's, by the way, also won every official junior competition she's taken part in, which is 6 competitions and 6 victories.

And because Konstatinova did well at Russian Nats and they totally ignored international results. Such confusing reasons.

Well, Konstantinova also scored over 70 PCS there.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm really sad about Zhenya withdrawing but Konstantinova or not, I've no doubt about the 3 spots being kept perfectly fine between Alina and Masha. There's not that many skaters participating who can outskate even a Masha with mistakes enough to place her below Top 10.

Get well soon, Zhenya!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Here's the thing: if RusFed wants to invest that much on Konstantinova, try to make her the best skater possible. Send her to Lambiel, Marina Zoueva someone who can improve her skating skills and her posture.

She's not a bad skater by any means, it's just that right now there are at least 3-4 skaters in seniors and others in juniors that are more polished, more consistent and deserve that spot at Worlds.

With two clean skates she could do fine at Worlds, this is a huge opportunity for her.

Her current set of combos is worth more than that actually, doing something like that is not a good idea unless you can at least repeat Lutz - Which she cannot.

3F-3T
3ltz
3lo-1lo-3F x
3lo x
3s-2t x
2a x
2a x

Is this worth less than her usual layout? how?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Here's the thing: if RusFed wants to invest that much on Konstantinova, try to make her the best skater possible. Send her to Lambiel, Marina Zoueva someone who can improve her skating skills and her posture.

She's not a bad skater by any means, it's just that right now there are at least 3-4 skaters in seniors and others in juniors that are more polished, more consistent and deserve that spot at Worlds.

With two clean skates she could do fine at Worlds, this is a huge opportunity for her.

3F-3T
3ltz
3lo-1lo-3F x
3lo x
3s-2t x
2a x
2a x

Is this worth less than her usual layout? how?
The first 2 jumping passes are the same and we don't need to consider backloading, so:

3Lo-1Lo-3F 10.9
3Lo 5.1
3S-2T 5.7
2A 3.3
2A 3.3

Total: 28.30

Current layout:
3F 5.3
3Lo 5.1
2A+2T+2T 5.9
3S+3T 8.7
2A 3.3

Total: 28.30

Actually, I was wrong because that assumption assumed that she skater would perform the -2T-2Lo combination rather than the -2T-2T(which she really should change to -2T-2Lo). But in any case, a waste of time. You need to repeat the Lutz for that to be worthwhile, then it'd gain 0.2 points in base value.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So...
Alina can win worlds. No one else can do it unless she makes mistakes, but she's proven herself this year.

So, based on Olympic placement:
Alina
Osmond
Miyahara
Kostner
(Sakamoto) -- let's put Higuchi here
Choi
Sotskova
Tennell

the only one who could play spoiler here is Nagasu if she lands her 3A in both programs
but that'd only push Masha down one spot
so Russia should be fine, but Alina needs to hold up under the pressure and Masha needs to skate cleanly

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
So...
Alina can win worlds. No one else can do it unless she makes mistakes, but she's proven herself this year.

So, based on Olympic placement:
Alina
Osmond
Miyahara
Kostner
(Sakamoto) -- let's put Higuchi here
Choi
Sotskova
Tennell

the only one who could play spoiler here is Nagasu if she lands her 3A in both programs
but that'd only push Masha down one spot
so Russia should be fine, but Alina needs to hold up under the pressure and Masha needs to skate cleanly

You forgot Daleman, who could potentially also place higher. But I seriously doubt all these women will place higher than Masha.

moriel

Record Breaker
I just thought we will have 58 PCS Karenina instead of 78+ PCS Karenina at worlds (
RuFed, I don't like that kind of substitutes.
Can't we all pretend Alena is 15?

RuFed thinks those 2 are both 75+ PCs Kareninas, just saying. If you don't see that, you need to have a talk with TAT

Kara

Final Flight
I'm now really sad that they made her first alternate for worlds while depriving Gubanova of a chance at JW.:( She's going to both! It seems unfair when you think about the talent pool.

Lightstar

On the Ice
I am not a fan of konstantinova to go to Worlds because she already got the junior worlds spot! But RusFed just nominated her and tsurskaya as substitude and tsurscaya recent showing at russian cup final wasn't better than konstantinova at junior worlds!
So i can see why they send her!