Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

Kappa1

Rinkside
What a great suggestion Kappa1! The "Mirror" featuring Lil Wayne & Bruno has an unbelievable 500Mil views on YouTube - never knew they'd ever collaborated.

Thank you! Haha yes I saw that also, the views are mind blowing! Not sure if the tempo would work for a VM montage :scratch2: I tried to visualise their skate whilst listening 'Grenade' starts slow & builds, also the lyrics "Throw my hand on a blade for ya" :drama:

http://youtu.be/NVD2R0moQic

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
So I've been trying to recover for a few days, but I feel the need to share here: I saw Them this week! It was amazing, and Morgan waved at me*, and they were both so beautiful in person lolsob. They did Sounds of Silence and their Michael Jackson exo and yeah :love: That was actually the first time I ever saw figure skating live, but what a start! I also don't speak French at all so had no idea what was being said but at no point did it deter me from the experience!

I would share fan cams etc, if I had them! I was terrified of filming/taking pictures since I didn't want to miss anything!

*Morgan may have waved at someone near me but let's go with this other narrative!

Julie Wie

On the Ice
:rofl: while I sprayed coffee all over my computer monitor... Julie you're such a delight :biggrin: I just couldn't picture you & psycho in the same sentence. Considering your great attention to detail in your montages, perfect music selections, and your fun sounding voice - they all convey you're a wonderful person. I can't wait to see your tour de force montage of Milano :dance2:

Speaking of Gabi's Mom, I watched a couple of her interviews and I would wager that's whose sublime sense of humour Gabi inherited. In fact I'd love see what would happen if Gabi and Morgan got locked in a room together - oh the high jinks...

haha oh yes! I would love to just stand in the corner and listen :agree:
and thanks for the compliment - gives me hope :2thumbs:

Julie Wie

On the Ice
Thank you! Haha yes I saw that also, the views are mind blowing! Not sure if the tempo would work for a VM montage :scratch2: I tried to visualise their skate whilst listening 'Grenade' starts slow & builds, also the lyrics "Throw my hand on a blade for ya" :drama:

http://youtu.be/NVD2R0moQic

but then its not lil wayne anymore... I may go with the mirror ...

Julie Wie

On the Ice
You are serious! My Gosh! Max is an American male singles skater with quite a following on this forum. I met him while volunteering for Worlds in Boston 2016. We were discourged from engaging skaters we met as part of the volunteer process so that was part of it but I tend to shyness anyway but he was kind and friendly..
Don't know how I would respond if I met Morgan and Vanessa. So nice you met Alexa and Chris.. my sentimental favorites..

uups, sorry for my ignorance :slink:

but I must say, Im not really following singles since Julya Lipnitskaya retired .. I like stephane Lambiels student though - He's a little artist already!

Kappa1

Rinkside
but then its not lil wayne anymore... I may go with the mirror ...

Hey Julie, just to clarify Lil Wayne features on both records. Personally I love them both (Big Bruno fan). Plus Morgan will be so happy! :yahoo: Looking forward to your magic :party:

MDIslander

Rinkside
So I've been trying to recover for a few days, but I feel the need to share here: I saw Them this week! It was amazing, and Morgan waved at me*, and they were both so beautiful in person lolsob. They did Sounds of Silence and their Michael Jackson exo and yeah :love: That was actually the first time I ever saw figure skating live, but what a start! I also don't speak French at all so had no idea what was being said but at no point did it deter me from the experience!

I would share fan cams etc, if I had them! I was terrified of filming/taking pictures since I didn't want to miss anything!

*Morgan may have waved at someone near me but let's go with this other narrative!

How awesome!!! Yep I'd stick to that narrative too :biggrin:

There are some really awesome fan videos up of Morgan dancing to "oh what a night" shaking his hips, getting the audience to stand up and join in. Then Morgan climbs over the barrier, walks into the audience and starts jamming :I'm DEAD: :rock: Morgan was certainly born to be an entertainer (still can't figure out why he doesn't think he's flexible/supple). I was also very impressed by Philippe Candeloro who at 46 can still do wicked back flips.

Vanessa wears her 2016-2017 black rubber suit for SoS; her and Morgan are in a group number + their EX Michael Jackson "black or white".

Since I can't post any links yet you'll have to look for Tournée des Stars Olympiques and all the videos are by "Julie Hunt" uploaded yesterday.

MDIslander

Rinkside
I don't know if someone posted it already.
So, I think Morgan chose well when he decided to do pairs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klKyH6McXKY

Thanks! Can't believe how young Morgan looked (then I remember he's only 26) he's such a good skater. A Japanese magazine has stills from Tournée des Stars Olympiques (sorry I have no idea what their name is because it's in Japanese) in one photo Morgan is launching Vanessa into a throw quad???, at first I thought he had another tattoo but then I magnified it - to me it looks like flesh-coloured Kinesio tape over a huge black n blue from his hip to his back. Grrrr! I wish I could post the photo and see what everyone thinks it is... I really hope Morgan gets to rest and heal up very soon.

MDIslander

Rinkside
I found more stills of the Tournée des Stars Olympiques at Vosges Matin fr - Epinal Gala 05/04/2018 at 22:54

I don't remember seeing Lola Esbrat at the Olympics yet she and her partner seem to have more stills than 5th Place Olympians Vanessa and Morgan :scratch2:

(sorry still not allowed to post links) :cry: :slink:

P.S :rofl: reading Gui's IG comment to Vanessa about her butt and Vanessa claps back "you should see YOURS!!!" :clap: :laugh: Yes indeed Gui's butt is quite peachy :agree2: While gawking at Morgan's butt I can see a smaller version shot of that "tattoo???" again in photo 33/39

synian

On the Ice
I found more stills of the Tournée des Stars Olympiques at Vosges Matin fr - Epinal Gala 05/04/2018 at 22:54

I don't remember seeing Lola Esbrat at the Olympics yet she and her partner seem to have more stills than 5th Place Olympians Vanessa and Morgan :scratch2:

(sorry still not allowed to post links) :cry: :slink:

P.S :rofl: reading Gui's IG comment to Vanessa about her butt and Vanessa claps back "you should see YOURS!!!" :clap: :laugh: Yes indeed Gui's butt is quite peachy :agree2: While gawking at Morgan's butt I can see a smaller version shot of that "tattoo???" again in photo 33/39
Here is the link https://www.vosgesmatin.fr/edition-d-epinal/2018/04/05/la-tournee-des-stars-olympiques#0_0

MDIslander

Rinkside
I'm sorry if someone already posted this refreshing and honest interview with Meagan Duhamel right after the OG Pairs competition ended. But I just loved how Meagan shared how floored everyone was when the judges scored Tarasova & Morozov higher than Vanessa & Morgan's really great performances at the GP. And at about 54:40 - Meagan explained that Vanessa & Morgan lived in her home for 5 months (2012) when they trained in Montreal. The burning Question - are Vanessa & Morgan a couple off-the-ice? Meagan says "I never know. We never know. It's a little confusing." Then they talked about Vanessa's IG story (which I'd downloaded) where she's dressed in shorts and Morgan is shirtless lying in bed...

You can find the 2+hours long interview at TheSkatingLesson - This and That: 2018 Olympic Games Pairs Recap with Meagan Duhamel on YouTube.

MDIslander

Rinkside
FYI! YouTube - TheSkatingLesson - This and That: 2018 World Championships Recap with Meagan Duhamel posted last week. I thought she gave another honest & refreshing interview. Meagan raved about how amazingly awesome the Milano audience was. And when Vanessa fell the audience roared and 'lifted her back on to her feet'.

At around the 28:40 mark Meagan says it was a terrible idea to not have Vanessa do the throw quad. Meagan said she would have killed herself switching the throw at the last minute. Meagan believed that Vanessa would not have had such a bad fall if she'd done the throw quad as originally planned.

Kappa1

Rinkside
I'm sorry if someone already posted this refreshing and honest interview with Meagan Duhamel right after the OG Pairs competition ended. But I just loved how Meagan shared how floored everyone was when the judges scored Tarasova & Morozov higher than Vanessa & Morgan's really great performances at the GP. And at about 54:40 - Meagan explained that Vanessa & Morgan lived in her home for 5 months (2012) when they trained in Montreal. The burning Question - are Vanessa & Morgan a couple off-the-ice? Meagan says "I never know. We never know. It's a little confusing." Then they talked about Vanessa's IG story (which I'd downloaded) where she's dressed in shorts and Morgan is shirtless lying in bed...

You can find the 2+hours long interview at TheSkatingLesson - This and That: 2018 Olympic Games Pairs Recap with Meagan Duhamel on YouTube.

It's strange, the teams I think are couples J/C & V/M are not and the ones I think aren't T/M are! I think.. :laugh:
Thank you :2thumbs:

MDIslander

Rinkside
There is another YouTube video - TOURNEE EQUIPE DE FRANCE PATINAGE 5 AVRIL 2018 POISSOMPRE EPINAL (images) by sportsvosges posted on 6 April.

I hope I don't offend anyone here - but I found it very interesting that the majority of the audience (that was shown) looked like my Grandmaman's age group. I started giggling at the thought of Morgan jumping up into the stand shaking his bum and hips and the ancients toppling over each other trying to cop a feel...

Oh it's Vanessa wearing her OG & Worlds black bodysuit & Morgan in his standard outfit performing most of SoS; and Gabi & Gui doing most of their FS.

MDIslander

Rinkside
Thanks for posting. Wonder what he flipped the finger for? :laugh2:

Thanks for pointing the bird-finger out - totally missed it until I slowed the video down.

My (very) wild guess is comments (whining) made about Vanessa & Morgan's SP "overscoring" - when in fact they have never ever been overscored in any competition in 7+ years (me remembering Morgan pulled a face at their OG scores) Also Nicky Slater (sp?) at Eurosport questioned Tarasova's high presentation scores for their dreadful mess Candyman - putting them in 4th and Vane & Momo in 5th at OG. The same thing happened to Vane & Momo at the GP with the overscoring of the Russians.

Kappa1

Rinkside
Thanks Lived In Inch! This video certainly showed everything that the Broadcast videos didn't... I even shed tears watching all their emotions - Katia's crying did me in...

Ok have viewed 3 times! Where exactly is the finger flipping action??