Shoma Uno | Page 434 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was gonna look for something meat flavored for the GPF myself... seriously kiches saw his lips full on bleeding at a comp :eek:hwell:. Why don't you like comfort, Shomita?

It's really not chapped lips. He bites his lips out of nervous habit.

Insos

Rinkside
Honestly i really don't know how to react to this! n i prefer to laugh 😂😂
I was gonna look for something meat flavored for the GPF myself... seriously kiches saw his lips full on bleeding at a comp :eek:hwell:. Why don't you like comfort, Shomita?
sometimes, when i look at his chapped lips i screamed internally "lipbalm baby boy!"
but chapped lip + biting habit, is indeed the worst combination.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
How does this actually work? I mean, if David Wilson creates choreo, he must do that before the skaters come to him...so do they send him their music and say, make a program for this? Then a few weeks later they come and he teaches the choreo? Because he can not make that up on the spot, so the piece of music must've been decided a while ago. And if he has Sho, Javier and Yuna there in the same time frame it must be quite busy.

Lyyli

On the Ice
How does this actually work? I mean, if David Wilson creates choreo, he must do that before the skaters come to him...so do they send him their music and say, make a program for this? Then a few weeks later they come and he teaches the choreo? Because he can not make that up on the spot, so the piece of music must've been decided a while ago. And if he has Sho, Javier and Yuna there in the same time frame it must be quite busy.

I thought Yuna and Shoma working at the same time with David is not possible and now also Javi is there learning his choreography. David is busy indeed but surely also enjoying working with these incredible skaters. I´d like to see his daily schedule of last weeks. I believe too that he has received the pieces beforehand and planned their choreographies too at least in a bigger picture. I also wonder how long it takes for him to create a choreography. He has lots of experience already.

Grap74

On the Ice
All of this is so exciting! New super kakkoi blades, new EX...can't wait to see everything!!

I'm also curious how it works but it definitely seems like really hard work.

Lyyli

On the Ice
One more thought about David and the three skaters. I guess because they are all getting exhibition programs this is possible? Competition programs require more work and concentration on one skater I believe.

Danibellerika

Medalist
One more thought about David and the three skaters. I guess because they are all getting exhibition programs this is possible? Competition programs require more work and concentration on one skater I believe.

I'm curious of the time ratio for competition to exhibition. It's interesting how that works because exhibitions don't really require as many jumps which require set up so you expect more choreography to make up for it in a sense.

saphire

On the Ice
It is busy time for choreographers, I don't know if it will be exhibition program that he was working on with Shoma. Although it is likely since he did choreo on some of his ex programs in past. I remember David also finished some other skaters sp earlier this month including Roman Sadovsky. He had vlog post about it on his youtube channel.

Lyyli

On the Ice
I'm curious of the time ratio for competition to exhibition. It's interesting how that works because exhibitions don't really require as many jumps which require set up so you expect more choreography to make up for it in a sense.

That´s true. On the other hand in EX -programs there is no need to think about fitting in all the required elements like in competition programs or to make sure that the elements like spins and step sequences will reach level 4. This is why I believe a competition program might require more work from the choreographer.

I remembered that David Wilson has usually chosen the music for Yuna and Javi himself. Don´t know how it is with Shoma. And he has said that he starts to think about next season very early, first trying to find possible pieces for the skaters.