2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Thinking about this years RusNats already gives me anxiety tbh ahahah but I won’t make predictions until I’ve at least seen the programs ;)

Miller

Final Flight
Can Anna get two Grand Prix spots next season? :think:

She'll need a generous invite - she will be in the Seasons Best top 75, just, and so will qualify for that. Has there ever been a skater taken so far down though, though if anyone's going to be it'll be her.

She would also need the Host Pick at Rostelecom. She's outside the Top 24 World Standings and so has no guaranteed spot.

If she had the year off she could always come back as a 'come back skater' and get 2 spots on account of her bronze medal at the 2016 World Championships, but there's going to be awful lot of competition next year. How they're going to handle it is anyone's guess.

chiaroscuro

Rinkside
Thinking about this years RusNats already gives me anxiety tbh ahahah but I won’t make predictions until I’ve at least seen the programs ;)

Same here! For me ladies Russian Nationals is next season’s most anticipated event. I wouldn’t dare making predictions up until GPF though, ‘cause it’s not just about the programs, it’s also about skaters’ physical condition, consistency level and other stuff we can only access through multiple competitions.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Russian junior nationals is the most anticipated for me... I think it'll be stronger overall than the senior nationals, outside of Zagitova and Medvedeva. I'm having(unrealistic?) hope that Sofia Akatieva will actually be there already, also.

tars

Record Breaker
Ill make a dream prediction, Konstantinova in top 5.
Corrected for you. :yes:

Russian junior nationals is the most anticipated for me... I think it'll be stronger overall than the senior nationals, outside of Zagitova and Medvedeva. I'm having(unrealistic?) hope that Sofia Akatieva will actually be there already, also.
IIRC, RusJunNats have no lowest age limit. Qualifiers have though. I wonder, if there is any "legal" way for 10yo girl to participate in junior nats. :think:

Also, will Shcherbakova be age eligible for RusNat as well? 0_0
She's 14, so yes.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Can Anna get two Grand Prix spots next season? :think:

this may not sound very nice but I think she shouldn't try to do the GP this season and just be ready in time for nationals. she'd probably get an automatic invite but even if she doesn't, the cup of Russia stages are a lot better than the GPs in terms of travel and stress level I think and not doing the GP gives her more time to train and heal

Fluture

Record Breaker
So, I know I‘m probably a bit late for finally registering (too lazy beforehand but still reading here for info on the OG, oops) but well, here I am.

I‘ve been following Evgenia for the past two years, since her senior debut when I still had like zero knowledge about figure skating and I must say that I was absolutely rooting for her to win the Olympics. Which, sadly, didn‘t happen (Who am I kidding I was totally heartbroken) but Alina‘s such a nice girl and her technical finesse can‘t be talked down so I eventually recovered from this shock, haha.

Well, only to find out what happened at Worlds, just to be shocked again. I mean, in some way it was kind of good (It wasn‘t but if you‘re trying to see the good in things...) because it shuts up the „Mimimi, Alina‘s only a jumping bean/robot/whatever“ (just like it had been with Medvedeva those two years, imo) and rather showing that she’s human but come to think of it, I‘d rather Alina‘d placed second at the OG with her winning Worlds afterwards. Because, realistically spoken, Alina does have another chance in 2022 whereas Zhenya... probably doesn‘t. There’s a chance, though, and I‘m going to hope till the last second.. just like with Lipnitskaya but oh well, chances are slim. Trusova. Kostornaya. And so on. And even if half of them get eaten by the puberty monster (just so that nobody comes jumping at me with the „BUT they won‘t keep their quads because PUBERTY!!“) there are still so many talented Juniors in Russia and Evgenia’s already battling injury so no matter how tough her mind and spirit may be, it’s gonna be rough. So what do you guys think? (And sorry if this all has been already discussed to death but imo, I haven‘t EVERYTHING on here, so...)

Oh and English‘s not my first language so please no judging thanks :D

tars

Record Breaker
Because, realistically spoken, Alina does have another chance in 2022 whereas Zhenya... probably doesn‘t. There’s a chance, though, and I‘m going to hope till the last second.. just like with Lipnitskaya but oh well, chances are slim. Trusova. Kostornaya. And so on.
I'd say Zhenya and Alina's chances for participation in 2022 Olys are like 10% and 20% respectively. The level of competition in Russia and physical requirements of the sport are insanely high and each upcoming wave of talents seems to be even hungrier than previous one.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I'd say Zhenya and Alina's chances for participation in 2022 Olys are like 10% and 20% respectively. The level of competition in Russia and physical requirements of the sport are insanely high and each upcoming wave of talents seem to be hungrier than previous one.

Well, I do guess that‘s true but at least Alina‘s jumps have the better technique. I hear it everywhere (and especially from haters) but Evgenia flutzes. Regularly. Which isn‘t such a big deal to me because I‘m usually so into her programs that I don‘t even notice mistakes (talk about biased) but well, we‘ve already seen it with her Leftover‘s program (why is it called like this, though?), she struggles with fully backloading which Alina doesn‘t. But it might have been due to injury, who knows. But as you said chances are slim for both of them but sadly even more for Zhenya than Alina.

Talking about it, will Zhenya try and aim for a program like the one she had before AK (I think it was January Stars or something, the Leftover one, I mean) now that it‘s post OG? Or is she still too injured? Because she desperately needs a backloaded program (if they don‘t get banned, that is) because she can‘t really do a second lutz in her FS, so Alina’s signature combo is already out the game. But maybe she could add loops instead of toes to her combos? Didn‘t somebody mention that she can do them in practice?

___
And something about the Juniors: Couldn‘t Anna Scherbakova do a quad, too? I know she‘s been injured but does anyone have info about her? Is she training on it again? I don‘t follow Juniors that closely.

tars

Record Breaker
It's not even about flutz, she was falling on axel, which means her jumping ability deteriorated.

Anna came back sooner and better than expected, won couple of medals here and there with brand new, wonderful short program, still without a quad though.
She has her own fan thread here, where you may find more info. :)

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I‘d rather Alina‘d placed second at the OG with her winning Worlds afterwards.
It was my hope too, but i also think that it was the only chance for the OG's gold for both, even if we can be 100% sure of that.

We really can't say that Alina could miss that chance and be sure to have another, not while skating for Russia.

chiaroscuro

Rinkside
Alina does have another chance in 2022 whereas Zhenya... probably doesn‘t. There’s a chance, though, and I‘m going to hope till the last second.. just like with Lipnitskaya but oh well, chances are slim. Trusova. Kostornaya. And so on.

Frankly, the chance of either Med or Zagi even qualifying for Russian team in 2022 is relatively small, considering extremely high competition level from the juniors. Besides Trusova and Kostornaya there are lots of younger girls like Kamila Valieva, who recently joined Eteri’s group, and many others we might not have heard of yet. For all we know, future Beijing OGM could be any 11 year old girl.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Well, I do guess that‘s true but at least Alina‘s jumps have the better technique. I hear it everywhere (and especially from haters) but Evgenia flutzes. Regularly. Which isn‘t such a big deal to me because I‘m usually so into her programs that I don‘t even notice mistakes (talk about biased) but well, we‘ve already seen it with her Leftover‘s program (why is it called like this, though?), she struggles with fully backloading which Alina doesn‘t. But it might have been due to injury, who knows. But as you said chances are slim for both of them but sadly even more for Zhenya than Alina.

Talking about it, will Zhenya try and aim for a program like the one she had before AK (I think it was January Stars or something, the Leftover one, I mean) now that it‘s post OG? Or is she still too injured? Because she desperately needs a backloaded program (if they don‘t get banned, that is) because she can‘t really do a second lutz in her FS, so Alina’s signature combo is already out the game. But maybe she could add loops instead of toes to her combos? Didn‘t somebody mention that she can do them in practice?

___
And something about the Juniors: Couldn‘t Anna Scherbakova do a quad, too? I know she‘s been injured but does anyone have info about her? Is she training on it again? I don‘t follow Juniors that closely.

Evgenia has done 3F3Lo and 3Lo3Lo in practice, but they're not as stable as her toeloop combos.
She did say when she switched to Karenina that she would come back to the Leftovers (the name comes from the TV show, of which the music is the soundtrack), but I think any change in layout will depend on her recovery.
In terms of increasing BV, only doing 1 lutz is big problem, that even fully backloading won't cancel out. Evgenia claimed recently that she had been fully rotating 4S in practice which would solve that but unless there's hope of her landing it she is better off trying to fix her lutz or adding 3F3Lo.

Anna was landing clean 4Ts in practice around this time last year but she broke her leg and has been recovering since. She's done a few domestic competitions and won most of them but she's not at 100% yet. We might see it back by August or September for JGP.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
It's not even about flutz, she was falling on axel, which means her jumping ability deteriorated.

Zhenya's jumps aren't as good as they used to be for sure, but I think we should at least give her the benefit of the doubt for jumping injured for the entire season.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Anna came back sooner and better than expected, won couple of medals here and there with brand new, wonderful short program, still without a quad though.
She has her own fan thread here, where you may find more info. :)

Well, but to be fair Axel was always one of her weakest jumps AND she was injured. I do agree that her jumps looked muscled at Europeans and she had that fall, too. But they looked a lot better at the OG, so...

Thanks, I‘ll be sure to check it out! :) Anna is definitely one of my favourite Junior girls (even though I only watched their performances afterwards on YT) besides Kostornaya. Trusova’s skills are insane, of course, but I tend to go with the more artistic skaters.

chiaroscuro

Rinkside

Well, I wouldn’t define Zhenya’s jumping ability based on her axel, seeing as how it’s her weakest jump and the only one she had trouble landing even at the beginning of her career.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Does anyone know how to quote more than one post at the same time? Or editing a post afterwards? I‘m a bit confused now, haha. (Yeah, I know, reading the rules beforehand would have helped...)

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker

This is just not true, come on. Yes, they weren't the same quality as before and she lost the lutz edge, but she only made one stepout on the axel at Euros and she was completely clean at OG. It's not like she lost her triples.

Does anyone know how to quote more than one post at the same time? Or editing a post afterwards? I‘m a bit confused now, haha. (Yeah, I know, reading the rules beforehand would have helped...)

After you make a post, look at the bottom of it, there's an edit post button.

chiaroscuro

Rinkside
Evgenia has done 3F3Lo and 3Lo3Lo in practice, but they're not as stable as her toeloop combos.
She did say when she switched to Karenina that she would come back to the Leftovers (the name comes from the TV show, of which the music is the soundtrack), but I think any change in layout will depend on her recovery.
In terms of increasing BV, only doing 1 lutz is big problem, that even fully backloading won't cancel out. Evgenia claimed recently that she had been fully rotating 4S in practice which would solve that but unless there's hope of her landing it she is better off trying to fix her lutz or adding 3F3Lo.

I really don't think Zhenya's 4S is something we might be seeing next season, foot injury to be one the main reasons. But I do believe in her doing 3Lo combos, ‘cause loop is her second strongest jump after salchov. As for other BV increase, I also really dislike her 2A-2T-2T combo, it’s not that expensive yet probably her most uncomfortable combo in terms of execution. Replacing it with, for instance, +1Lo3S combo would be much more beneficial.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Find the posts you want to quote and then look for where it says “reply with quote” in the bottom right of that post. To the right of “reply with quote” is a little quote box with a plus sign. When you select it then it should turn blue with a check mark. You can go thru all the posts you want to quote and select them and then respond to them all at once on one post.

As to editing...once you make a post you can always go back to it and click “edit post” on that very post to fix it.