Carolina Kostner | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

halulupu

Final Flight
^ Unfortunately, there have been numerous posters with selective memories that only focus on her mistakes and use them to belittle her. They make exaggerated claims like throwing around false statistics, which can even influence fans to get a similar impression. Carolina doesn't make mistakes as often as some claim her to do. Carolina adds jumps when she is confident that she has a good success rate. In the Sochi quad, she didn't add her lutz back until 2013 and she performed a beautiful one at both Euros and Worlds FS that season. And I agree, I enjoy her skating regardless of what jumps she chooses to put or not put in her programs. However, she has been steadily upping her tech since her comeback and even constantly doing her Lutz in shows in what is likely her new SP. Therefore, I think she is prepping her Lutz in the off-season to add it early in the season instead of at Nationals.

sry that you got the wrong impression - please read my earlier post on this thread. i love her skating and IMO she should always get the highest PCS regardless if her jumps are working or not. I am not only focusing on her erros. ok my number wasnt really a statistic it was just my way to say that we shouldn't get our hopes up too much that she can do this layout clean in a lot of competitions (however if you add up your correct statistics- lz and 3-3 double+fall+step out- you will be around a 25ish chance of a clean program). love that she is ambitous, she didn't do this layout since her very early days. her lutz is on of the best out there (togehter with probably tuk), for me a straight +4/5.

hope to see a first glimpse of her fs at the italian summer tour

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
sry that you got the wrong impression - please read my earlier post on this thread. i love her skating and IMO she should always get the highest PCS regardless if her jumps are working or not. I am not only focusing on her erros. ok my number wasnt really a statistic it was just my way to say that we shouldn't get our hopes up too much that she can do this layout clean in a lot of competitions (however if you add up your correct statistics- lz and 3-3 double+fall+step out- you will be around a 25ish chance of a clean program). love that she is ambitous, she didn't do this layout since her very early days. her lutz is on of the best out there (togehter with probably tuk), for me a straight +4/5.

hope to see a first glimpse of her fs at the italian summer tour

Thanks for clarifying and pardon me for misunderstanding. I suspected you may be a fan but erred on the side of caution. In recent threads from last month, there have been people disrespectful to her, for example saying how she can't skate a clean FS and that she shouldn't have been invited to Japan Open because it's an FS only competition, even though she has a great body of work and is continuing to put out stellar performances at the age of 31 (Milan SP, Rostelecom 2017 FS). Then there were some "fans" that seem to have supported and were influenced by these over-exaggerated views. I agree her lutz is one of the best, correct edge, lack of pr, high, and beautiful that deserves to be shown off in both programs. When is the Italian Summer Tour?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
If this has been asked before or is better suited for another forum, I'll move it, but I just wanted to know:

What is it exactly in her technique that gives Carolina her unique grace and elegance? Her height seems to be part of it, but Wikipedia says that Elizabet Tursynbaeva is her fan, and the first time I saw her, I thought, "Wow, she's like a mini-Carolina!" so I'm hoping that it's something that can be learned to some extent.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Thanks for clarifying and pardon me for misunderstanding. I suspected you may be a fan but erred on the side of caution. In recent threads from last month, there have been people disrespectful to her, for example saying how she can't skate a clean FS and that she shouldn't have been invited to Japan Open because it's an FS only competition, even though she has a great body of work and is continuing to put out stellar performances at the age of 31 (Milan SP, Rostelecom 2017 FS). Then there were some "fans" that seem to have supported and were influenced by these over-exaggerated views. I agree her lutz is one of the best, correct edge, lack of pr, high, and beautiful that deserves to be shown off in both programs. When is the Italian Summer Tour?

Don’t forget her 2018 Euros’ SP

msadot

On the Ice
Another confirmation from yesterday's show: Caro will keep on competing.

(From Il Messaggero Veneto)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Beautiful performance from the Godess on Ice! Thanks for sharing!

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
I love Carolina's new short program so much! The original music, the choreography, the dress, the hair, the way it starts slow and builds! My favorite parts are :08 to :28- I love the arms at :13. It's light, airy and effervescent while also modern and edgy. I hope the long is just as good. It's unbelivable how amazing she is!

SXTN

Final Flight
I don't think it's her new sp! 2A is missing as well as one spin! Back to Black looked more like her new sp.

Anyway, the StSQ is out of this world.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

On the Ice
She's definitely not doing Amy Winhehouse. Anyone that thought that is way off. That was just an exhibition program for the summer. It didn't look like THAT much care and attention went into that program anyway. Besides, you think she would have unveiled her short programs 2-3 months ago? Makes no sense.

Anyway, there is a clip of Carolina in a parking lot praciticing choreography to this new short program with this very music in the background filmed by Lori Nichol. It's on her Insta and wa posted a couple weeks ago. Carolina just unveiled this new short just when everyone is unveiling their new programs. Everything is there but a double axel and spin which I'm sure she'll add in the coming weeks. It's all pretty obvious. Finishing touches are being put on now.

npavel

On the Ice
I’m quite sure The Storm is part of her new FS and back to black her new SP, but she has not announced her programs jet

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I’m quite sure The Storm is part of her new FS and back to black her new SP, but she has not announced her programs jet

The two would make a good contrasting combo of competitive programs! I can definitely see the part where she does an ina bauer and then a spiral as the choreo sequence for the FS.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

On the Ice
The two would make a good contrasting combo of competitive programs! I can definitely see the part where she does an ina bauer and then a spiral as the choreo sequence for the FS.

No way!!! For The Storm program, it's clear the double axel comes right before the step sequence and the layback spiin maybe in the beginning of the program as this video is 15 seconds under the short time requirement. Carolina or other skaters never debut a 'short' and then make it into a long that very season. Not sure what you're thinking. She debuted this amazing program and will fine-tune it in the coming weeks.

Back to Black is terrible- nothing unique or original about it, it looks like she came up with the choreography on the spot or on her own. And there's no way she would have debuted her short program to the new season 3 months ago!!! Nobody does that! It makes no sense. It was clearly a show number for the summer exhibitions.