Carolina Kostner | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

icetug

Medalist
Great news. And great that she officially confirmed what we could only guess based on her instagram :thumbsup:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
https://www.ladige.it/sport/sport-i...ostner-estate-pausa-ho-tanto-bisogno-staccare

"For me, the next one will be a little bit of reflection, I will give myself a little more vacation and leisure because they have been a challenge for me for two years, I have never stopped and both physically and mentally I really need to escape, I will take time to devote myself to the shows, promote my sport and recharge the batteries, and then retrain for the future". This was said by the multi-champion artistic skater Carolina Kostner speaking with journalists in the framework of the concession of the "Keys of the city" of Florence. «I hope that the reflection will give me the ideas for the objectives of the future. When a cycle ends, like the Olympic, we need time to reflect, to evaluate what has been done, what I'm happy with and what I am not happy with, and what I have to change. These are reflections that don't reach you from one day to the next. Figure skating is a very creative discipline, which needs the times of a stop, some sun, since we are always in the fridge (laughs), And then live a little 'Italy, the sun, the warmth of the people".

:dance3:

halulupu

Final Flight
https://www.ladige.it/sport/sport-i...ostner-estate-pausa-ho-tanto-bisogno-staccare

"For me, the next one will be a little bit of reflection, I will give myself a little more vacation and leisure because they have been a challenge for me for two years, I have never stopped and both physically and mentally I really need to escape, I will take time to devote myself to the shows, promote my sport and recharge the batteries, and then retrain for the future". This was said by the multi-champion artistic skater Carolina Kostner speaking with journalists in the framework of the concession of the "Keys of the city" of Florence. «I hope that the reflection will give me the ideas for the objectives of the future. When a cycle ends, like the Olympic, we need time to reflect, to evaluate what has been done, what I'm happy with and what I am not happy with, and what I have to change. These are reflections that don't reach you from one day to the next. Figure skating is a very creative discipline, which needs the times of a stop, some sun, since we are always in the fridge (laughs), And then live a little 'Italy, the sun, the warmth of the people".

:dance3:

thx! very promising indeed. prepare yourself for the battle of the quadteenrussians against the endless beauty for peking 2022 ;)

MedoLove

On the Ice
I loved Caro's performance at FAOI, I love her smooth glide, and her spins are wonderful !! I noticed that she makes many variations with her arms in the layback, so that they fit with the concept of music, wow! the other skaters already have their package of spins pre-learned and never change it, I think Caro is the only one who pays attention to those little details. Her skating has many beautiful little moments in each stage :luv17::drama:

halulupu

Final Flight
and by the way (nearly) all the rule changes favor her:
- limited backloading bonus
- emphasis on hight and lenght on jumps and quality in general (judges love her, they will give her +3,+4)
- relative apgrading of flip BV
- upgrading of choreoseq

on the negative side:
- relative downgrading of loop BV
- downgrading of stepseq
- emphasis on transistion in and out of jumps

Fluture

Record Breaker
I see people complaining all over instagram and youtube over the new rule changes and even here on goldenskates and yet all I can think is: „Caro will be happy about this!“ Honestly these are exactly the changes she needs. So excited that she‘s staying !!! :love:

halulupu

Final Flight
I'm a bit doubtful over this program.

I think Caro's skating work way better on classic, "saint" music, or romantic, melancholic songs, not too modern sounding.

At least Caro seem to really having fun over this program :dance3:

Your right, but I like that she is trying something new. It has potenial. However, I think she shouldn`t simle in a song like this.