Shoma Uno | Page 557 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

iorii

On the Ice
Someone made an excellent time table of the upcoming competitions here https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1038732566772117507

My time is 2 hours ahead of Tokyo time. These are crazy I won't be able to watch all of them... Is challengers event always this packed? I don't remember it being this packed last season but I have bad memory...

I have a question about Everyday Shoma. Is it actually a calendar, with month and year, or it's a calendar for you to flip each day that you can use all year round?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info @lorii. There is a possibility that your link may be removed by the Mods because it has to do with upcoming competitions which are not supposed to be
discussed in FF. I am not sure if your link falls in to the "against the rules " category, just a heads up.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Beautiful! Thank you! I printed that out. (Warning, I hit File-Print and it printed 7 times. Not sure why!) Great to have everything consolidated into one. I'm gonna be going a little crazy trying to watch U.S. Classic and Lombardia. plus a couple juniors.

Regarding the calendar, I don't think it's a standard calendar. It sounded like it has pages that you just look at (and drool at) for each day of the month, and then you repeat those pages. Maybe jerrymouse could answer that better though...I was thinking maybe next year we need to petition them that we want an Everyday Mr. Tree calendar. Each page could contain some kind of secret or humorous thing / adventure that the brothers had. We need to get their marketing department going!

iorii

On the Ice
demarinis5,

Oh, I'm sorry! Completely slipped my mind--I just wanted all of you to be able to schedule your FS watching time ahead--and agonizing and losing sleep.

I'm half-sure it's not against the rules as I only talked about the schedule, not :
Play-by-plays
Practice reports
comparison of skaters in the same event
scores, GOEs, elements, values, etc.
But, well, half-sure... Just in case, I will post the link at Lombardia thread too so if my link here got removed you can check it out there :)

Time to set reminders for all these events on my phone (screaming)

Arriba,

It makes me want it even more now since I can use it forever! Today I almost bought a bomber jacket but Everyday Shoma actually popped in my mind!! I can't believe I'm contemplating between a new jacket and Shoma calendar what is priority :slink:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
demarinis5,

Oh, I'm sorry! Completely slipped my mind--I just wanted all of you to be able to schedule your FS watching time ahead--and agonizing and losing sleep.

I'm half-sure it's not against the rules as I only talked about the schedule, not :

But, well, half-sure... Just in case, I will post the link at Lombardia thread too so if my link here got removed you can check it out there :)

Time to set reminders for all these events on my phone (screaming)

Arriba,

It makes me want it even more now since I can use it forever! Today I almost bought a bomber jacket but Everyday Shoma actually popped in my mind!! I can't believe I'm contemplating between a new jacket and Shoma calendar what is priority :slink:

I am not sure either. Great idea to post in the Lombardia thread. :agree: It will be very helpful to folks.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Shoma's SP is definitely gonna be my favorite program this season. The choreography and music cuts are brilliant and so refreshing. Lombardia will be so fun to watch because of his appearance at the event. :)

Imov

Medalist
Can somebody please DM me how can i get a streaming link for Shoma's competitions. :pray:
Any relaible people in twitter?

gftn

On the Ice
@sywtwfs on twitter has posted the link and will usually have information about all competition stream links.

MaeSU

Rinkside
Greetings from New Zealand. I am no Doctor (shoutout to Dr H) but I am fairly certain a pandemic ought to be declared. My experience seems to follow the familiar pattern of exposure to a loved one's favorite, Yuzuru Hanyu (more power to him - awesome skater!), only to be immediately ensnared by the curious skating magic of his compatriot Shoma Uno. This occurred during Olympics 2018 and I have since been waiting for symptoms to subside. I recollect watching World Champs being a particularly painful time. Having read here of others' experiences, I see now that I may as well give up any hope of recovery. It seems that I am Shoomed. Alternatively, well and truly sucked into Shoma's swamp.

I stumbled across this fanfest months ago, and it has become my almost daily pleasure to come and share in the positive & supportive atmosphere y'all have created here for Shomajesty's loyal subjects. Thank you all for helping me survive my first off-season. Reading about Arriba's recent Sho-watching adventures at Glacier (thanks for sharing!) was a particular treat. And it was jerrymouse's question about folks' favourite programs, a good few pages back now, that convinced this shy kiwi bird to venture out from the undergrowth and create an account (props here to the adminfolk for sorting out my bumblings).

That said, I was compelled to spend much time reviewing, trying to establish a definite favourite (no easy task) from the list of usual suspects. Absolutely LOVE Blessed Spirits and Legends - so much energy, so masterfully channeled. Also a big fan of La Vie en Rose and This Town - such fluidity, appearing almost effortless. But I have to admit, it is Loco that must claim my numero Uno spot. When I first saw this program I was VERY unsure about the music. I have since found that Piazolla's challenging music, Mihoko's fitting choreography, Satomi's delightful costume and Shoma's powerful skating combined beautifully to create this program so sublime it now stirs my heart every time. Also, Cantilever Heaven!

I just wanted to introduce myself, and now I have blathered too much. This is all Shoma's fault.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Wishing Shoma good luck for his first competition of the season. I'm going to miss Lombardia and every other competition this weekend since I'll be travelling out of country but I trust him to have a good start of the season that'll only keep improving. I'll be looking forward to catching videos after!

iorii

On the Ice
Welcome, MaeSU! We're very happy to have you here. It's certainly unfortunate about the Shomatis disease... Don't worry, we're all together in this! Post your recovery report often! Although I'm sure this disease has no cure...

It was also Loco that took complete control of me and rendered me useless, I was totally Shoomed.

I can't remember exactly how I got Shomatis in the first place. I think it was after Yuri on Ice ended and went researching about FS and stumbled upon 'the first man who landed the quad flip.' I couldn't escape Loco.

xeyra,
Too bad about missing Lombardia. Safe travel!

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Welcome MaeSU! From what I‘ve seen in this FF lately it seems that the Shovirus is spreading really fast all over the world. So it reached New Zealand too, it’s getting out of control.

I still have Loco as my numero Uno too although many of the Prince’s programs have a special place in my heart for different reasons

Latremu

Final Flight
Greetings from New Zealand. I am no Doctor (shoutout to Dr H) but I am fairly certain a pandemic ought to be declared. My experience seems to follow the familiar pattern of exposure to a loved one's favorite, Yuzuru Hanyu (more power to him - awesome skater!), only to be immediately ensnared by the curious skating magic of his compatriot Shoma Uno. This occurred during Olympics 2018 and I have since been waiting for symptoms to subside. I recollect watching World Champs being a particularly painful time. Having read here of others' experiences, I see now that I may as well give up any hope of recovery. It seems that I am Shoomed. Alternatively, well and truly sucked into Shoma's swamp.

I stumbled across this fanfest months ago, and it has become my almost daily pleasure to come and share in the positive & supportive atmosphere y'all have created here for Shomajesty's loyal subjects. Thank you all for helping me survive my first off-season. Reading about Arriba's recent Sho-watching adventures at Glacier (thanks for sharing!) was a particular treat. And it was jerrymouse's question about folks' favourite programs, a good few pages back now, that convinced this shy kiwi bird to venture out from the undergrowth and create an account (props here to the adminfolk for sorting out my bumblings).

That said, I was compelled to spend much time reviewing, trying to establish a definite favourite (no easy task) from the list of usual suspects. Absolutely LOVE Blessed Spirits and Legends - so much energy, so masterfully channeled. Also a big fan of La Vie en Rose and This Town - such fluidity, appearing almost effortless. But I have to admit, it is Loco that must claim my numero Uno spot. When I first saw this program I was VERY unsure about the music. I have since found that Piazolla's challenging music, Mihoko's fitting choreography, Satomi's delightful costume and Shoma's powerful skating combined beautifully to create this program so sublime it now stirs my heart every time. Also, Cantilever Heaven!

I just wanted to introduce myself, and now I have blathered too much. This is all Shoma's fault.
Welcome, MaeSu from New Zealand! Don't worry, you're not the only one who waxes poetic about Shoma. Ask anyone of us, or even just read Dr. H's essays. I propose we rename this condition as "Shomaholism" (alcoholic, workaholic, what have you-holic)... I just realized Shomatitis sounds like an allergy, which is completely the opposite of addiction. [emoji28] It's quite the pandemic. We are officially now from 6 out of 8 continents! (Yes, 8 continents! Zealandia is a newly discovered one. Look it up, non-nerds. [emoji6]) Asia, Europe, North and South America, Australia, now Zealandia. We only need Africa and Antarctica in the list. Or do we have Shomaholism in Africa? I think it may have landed there as well! We're all truly shoomed! By the guy with mushroom hair. 🤣

So much Shoma content! Loved the collab- I make a 2nd proposal, this one to the ISU, to add a collab event! No lifts or throws, just single skaters doing what they do but with other single skaters. The scoring? Purely whimsical and mostly subjective (sound like ice dance yet? [emoji23] I don't understand ice dance scoring, so...) based on flow, musicality, and synchronicity! Or at least, they should really have more collaborations in exhibitions, rather than just group numbers. Should be more fun that way.

Thank you for all the pictures, video links, and translations (special shout out to gacchan)!! Just wanted to point out in the Spoken interview- Itsuki looked really smug when he was nodding after the host stopped Shoma from defending himself and told Shoma that Itsuki was there to talk about Shoma, not for Shoma to talk about Itsuki. The look on his face was like, "Yeah, that's right! I'm here to reveal the truth about you! Can't tease me right now!" [emoji57]

Another one- when Itsuki was complimenting Shoma's skating (I heard him say sugoi), Shoma closed his eyes for a really long moment before stopping the host and saying that Itsuki barely watches his competitions. It seemed to me that he was really happy to hear his brother say that his skating was amazing, so he closed his eyes and basked in the compliment, then had to tease his brother because he probably felt too affected by the compliment and needed to go back to their teasing interactions. I was touched to see that. He's surrounded by so much love and support. It's wonderful to see.

Lombardia in a few DAYS! With all the content, I sometimes forget that we actually haven't really had a live update on Shoma since FOI (except maybe that picture Itsuki posted). Hang on to your hats/headwear! His season is about to start! Good luck to Shoma!

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Welcome MaeSu! We have a lot of fun in Sho's FF. We tend to get silly sometimes but we are among
friends and fans of Shomita so it is all good. I am happy that you have decided to join our Shospital! :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another one- when Itsuki was complimenting Shoma's skating (I heard him say sugoi), Shoma closed his eyes for a really long moment before stopping the host and saying that Itsuki barely watches his competitions. It seemed to me that he was really happy to hear his brother say that his skating was amazing, so he closed his eyes and basked in the compliment, then had to tease his brother because he probably felt too affected by the compliment and needed to go back to their teasing interactions. I was touched to see that. He's surrounded by so much love and support. It's wonderful to see.

I have to go back and watch this part again. I sometimes wonder if it's hard to have a brother like Shoma, but they seem to have a great relationship. And all that time (when I first became a Sho fan) I remember feeling bad when Sho said he didn't have any friends. He had the best friend of all -- a sibling! Imagine Itsuki getting to travel the world with his brother. In 16 years, he has probably been more places than some people have been in a lifetime! I think he was a little shy at first (at least he seemed so in Oct. 2016 when I first saw him at Glacier with Shoma). He seems to have really blossomed though!

gacchan

On the Ice
MaeSU, congrats on being shoomed! Shoma swamp and shovirus is all over the world so let’s enjoy all Shoma moments! I love Loco a lot (numero Uno atm) and gonna addict to Stairway to Heaven and his new EX program Great Spirit, can’t wait to watch his programmes in competitions!

Latremu, my pleasure to translate and share some Shoma content with you all! In Spoken interview, even Itsuki looked smug (when the host “helped” him to tease Shoma) or tried to defend for himself (“I did watch Shoma’s competition! I did!”), he just did that “quietly”: smiled/ nodded or murmur. On the other hand, I wonder if Itsuki compliment Shoma face to face, even he loves his bro so much and always look up to him. (I think the flow of interview was good: talked about Shoma’s interesting moments first, the last part which was the most important imo, Itsuki showed his love to his bro)

Lombardia Trophy is coming and I gonna prepare snacks (or redbulls ;) ) so that I won’t fall asleep while watching livesteam at midnight. ^^ Go Shoma! Dead banana club always cheer for you!

Last but not least, there will be an interview by Arakawa w/ Shoma (“Arakawa Shizuka Friends+ alpha 2018-19”) that broadcast on 24 Sep 2200 Japan local time at Nittere Plus: http://www.nitteleplus.com/program/sport/friendsplus_2018.html