Carolina Kostner | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

SXTN

Final Flight
I know that Lori and Carolina usually prepare more than one sp. And then after the summer they decide which one will make it to competitions. Back to Black was definetely not just an ex number because it was designed like a sp. Plus she did Flip and Lutz at the beginning (often doubles though).

But as some poster said before, Back to Black doesn't look very sophisticated. I love Caro but BTB looks like she came up with the choreo herself 30 minutes before the show started :dev3:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Oh, if that's the case, I'm excited now to see what they come up with for the LP after seeing The Storm. If this is her last season, I want to see Lori choreograph the best programs for her.

halulupu

Final Flight
The two would make a good contrasting combo of competitive programs! I can definitely see the part where she does an ina bauer and then a spiral as the choreo sequence for the FS.

I agree. And yes she does debut her sp 3 month before competition, she did it last year with celine if i remember correctly. i want the storm to be her lp, because this deserves to be longer. the steps and speed after are just amazing

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh, if that's the case, I'm excited now to see what they come up with for the LP after seeing The Storm. If this is her last season, I want to see Lori choreograph the best programs for her.

Aljona Savchenko said she wants to go to Beijing. If she can, Caro can, too. :think: Did she suggest this would be her last season and I missed it? Or is this just what you think? I know I‘m selfish, I just want her to compete longer. :(

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
Aljona Savchenko said she wants to go to Beijing. If she can, Caro can, too. :think: Did she suggest this would be her last season and I missed it? Or is this just what you think? I know I‘m selfish, I just want her to compete longer. :(

Carolina is skating until the 2026 Olympics.

halulupu

Final Flight
by the way, in the current forumdiscussions on the edge "best lutz, best 2A out there" our girl is mentioned quite often. i love to see that also non-fans are recognizing her devine jumps and jumping technique. I can only imagine what happens if they start a discussion on the best flip or best stepseq o:clap:ut there

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
Anybody know what Carolina's first competition this season will be? I'm sure she'll compete in 1 or 2 before the Grand Prix series...

SXTN

Final Flight
by the way, in the current forumdiscussions on the edge "best lutz, best 2A out there" our girl is mentioned quite often. i love to see that also non-fans are recognizing her devine jumps and jumping technique. I can only imagine what happens if they start a discussion on the best flip or best stepseq o:clap:ut there

Start a thread on the best flip then ;)

npavel

On the Ice
No way!!! For The Storm program, it's clear the double axel comes right before the step sequence and the layback spiin maybe in the beginning of the program as this video is 15 seconds under the short time requirement. Carolina or other skaters never debut a 'short' and then make it into a long that very season. Not sure what you're thinking. She debuted this amazing program and will fine-tune it in the coming weeks.

Back to Black is terrible- nothing unique or original about it, it looks like she came up with the choreography on the spot or on her own. And there's no way she would have debuted her short program to the new season 3 months ago!!! Nobody does that! It makes no sense. It was clearly a show number for the summer exhibitions.

Back to black has been prepared with Lori Nichol. Last year she debuted Ne qiutte pas at the same show

cohen-esque

Final Flight
^That’s the Bolero dress.

It’s a little bit weird that she doesn’t have an event; she started both of her last two seasons with one. Maybe she’ll be a late entry?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
^That’s the Bolero dress.

It’s a little bit weird that she doesn’t have an event; she started both of her last two seasons with one. Maybe she’ll be a late entry?

Thanks, the contrast in the photo made me see tinges of blue in her dress that are not actually there.

Hopefully she is just finalizing her programs. I read some posts that say she may not compete in the Grand Prix and I hope they're not true.

icetug

Medalist
Hopefully she is just finalizing her programs. I read some posts that say she may not compete in the Grand Prix and I hope they're not true.
She had very busy off-season so I think she just needs more rest and more time to prepare her programs. Nathan and Deniss also will start new season with Japan Open, so it's not only her who doesn't take part in Challenger Series this autumn.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Sp: Ne me quitte pas fs: the storm by havasi.

She will be back at the grand prix. Only minor injury. No need to worry

http://www.giornaletrentino.it/spor...il-japan-open-ma-sarà-al-grand-prix-1.1757634

Excited for her debut in about a month's time. Her SP has already proven to be mesmerizing. Too bad the FB video of the snippets of her FS has been taken down but it already had a lot of potential then. I think this may be her strongest set of programs since 2014.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I hope she'll recover fully! While I know her competitive career is most likely nearly over she's one of the skaters I never ever get tired of watching.