Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 203 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Somehow, I was less nervous today watching him. He seemed more confident...though in his interview with Shuzo-san it seemed that there was some uncertainty leading up to the performance today. I could never tell!

Thank you Yuzu!
Since this aired in the evening, I was distracted the whole day, and watching the practice and things. What a perfect way to spend an evening, watching Yuzu break another Record.
:points:

Last edited:

Henni147

Final Flight
Now has broken 110 four times in his career? - and no one else has at all?

He truly is The Greatest.
5 times :laugh:
GPF '15, Worlds '16, ACI '17, OWG '18 and now COR '18. So it's the first year, where he's done it twice :peace:

Joking aside. This was terrific. The way he saved that 3T... this is what I call a true champion. Hands down :bow:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/savvdia/status/1063412167167356928
Yagudin is also clearly a big fan - he said this is his first time being in the same place as Yuzuru and TAT laughed because he said it in a very fanboyish way lol.

Translation of Yagudin's comments on Yuzu's performance
https://twitter.com/Leelona/status/1063420050604879873
Yag said: Yuzuru is a God of current men's figure skating. It was the 1st time when he saw Yuzu skated alive. He said that it's very remarkable how Yuzu made all hard tech elements without effort and at the same time how he feels music. TAT was SO pleased.

TAT said that she spoke with Orser yesterday and he said that since this year Yuzu became very open, happy. That he was very focused on winning at Oly in last year. It seems like he needed to win 2 times and then he can be himself. He can work with pleasure now and try smth new.

Last edited:
:agree: :yahoo: :clap: :dance: :hap57: :hap10: :hap85::yes2: :dance3: :yay:

This website doesn't let me use all the celebrating emojis, Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I haven't watched the skate yet, got up at 5am and checked the result but I have to keep quiet so husband wakes up at 7am and we watch it together.

And , pretend that I have not checked the results and get overjoyed when Yuzuru breaks the world record.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Sorry for all these posts guys, this one is the After SP interview this Shuzo
https://twitter.com/yuzu_pino/status/1063419445115215878
As always, send comment or pm me if I got something wrong.

S: He's here, well, it's a storm of feeling, Oda said as well, what do you think?
Y: Well, Somehow, the result can be called a No-miss performance, I think. So I'm a little relieved.
S: You are relieved, but there were no misses and in points this is a world record, in your heart, aren't you happy, I'm happy!
Y: Well, today, from the point of preparation, there were points of regret, like for the 6 minute warm up, or before that, how I spent time, there was a lot of uncertainty. But I feel relief that it was done.
S: After Finland you said you wanted a Perfect Package, I feel that with this Short program, you can lead towards it. What do you think?
Y: Well, this time, in myself, I can't say it's perfect. I'd like to reflect on those points and use them going forward to tomorrow.
S:Tomorrow is the Free, and it's Russia. Along with the Music, I feel you have strong thoughts on this, please tell us about it.
Y: First, I'd like to say that Tatiana Tarasova, who choreographed the program Otonal, which I admired, was watching today in the commentators area, and during my stepsequence, stood up, I have thankful feelings towards them, next, tomorrow, I want to do my best for Plushenko.

Here is the SP No commentary

https://twitter.com/yuzu_pino/status/1063413391513968640

BESP SP Get it while you can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w44Fif2ank

Olympic Channel: Yuzuru Hanyu Magnificent in Moscow
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/stories/news/detail/yuzuru-hanyu-magnificent-in-moscow/

Last edited:

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Somehow, I was less nervous today watching him. He seemed more confident...though in his interview with Shuzo-san it seemed that there was some uncertainty leading up to the performance today. I could never tell!

Thank you Yuzu!
Since this aired in the evening, I was distracted the whole day, and watching the practice and things. What a perfect way to spend an evening, watching Yuzu break another Record.
:points:

After the PC2018 and saw his competitors (not understemating them though) on his competitions, somehow I am confident that he will win everything just because he was injury free and when his not injured he can conquer the universe :yahoo:

laiyamanika

On the Ice
I have no words. Wow! :love:
He just keeps getting better and better. It's amazing!
He is more confident this year. There are no strains in his skate (except for that 3T landing). He just freely floats around the ice
His jumps are harder than before but he takes it with ease

LEGEND! :points:

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I don't want to ruined this day but I feel nervous that GPF will be held in a country he never won a GPS ...at least not gold medal

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I don't want to ruined this day but I feel nervous that GPF will be held in a country he never won a GPS ...at least not gold medal

--I worry too, but this year is all about changing it up. Yuzu may want to break all the curses that have dogged him. Or, he'll lose, and burn even hotter to do better, and blow everyone away at the next competition --that's the Yuzu we know.
As long as he stays healthy.

Danibellerika

Medalist

Well on the plus side he is still striving for perfection and today while amazing still wasn't totally perfect so I'm hoping for GPF he can be totally perfect, especially because I'll be there lol. I'm sure he has feelings of wanting to take back his title that he so sadly couldn't defend last year.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
--I worry too, but this year is all about changing it up. Yuzu may want to break all the curses that have dogged him. Or, he'll lose, and burn even hotter to do better, and blow everyone away at the next competition --that's the Yuzu we know.
As long as he stays healthy.

Please :pray: Please :pray: Please :pray: sounds greedy but I want him to win everything and I know he can

Status
Not open for further replies.