Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin

Giselle

Medalist
Wow Sara and Kirill are first alternates for the Grand Prix Final. Good for them!

I think It's great!!! And so many European teams in the GPF :clap:

I was looking at the results of Worlds last year and I think that the Spanish team that will go to Worlds has an outside shot at 10th (to get 2 spots).

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Article in "El Independiente" : https://alacontra.elindependiente.com/sara-hurtado/ Sara Hurtado: "In Spanish sports we juggle what we have", The Madrid skater has managed to get on the podium in a test of the ISU Grand Prix, something that only Javier Fernández had achieved before.

"Sara's new partner, with whom she communicates in a mixture of Spanish, Russian and English, Adriá and Kirill are very different skaters. "It's very funny. Despite being from such different cultures we understand each other so well, we complement each other. He is a very loyal, humble and hard-working boy. What unites us in the end is having the same goal. We know what we want and that day by day counts more than competition. The communication is very fluid. Our language on the ice rink is the movement. That's where you know what you feel and what you do not".

:cool2:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Spain Nats this weekend :hap57:

Spain FED: http://www.fedhielo.com/todo-listo-para-el-campeaonato-de-espana-iberdrola-de-patinaje-artistico/

EVERYTHING READY FOR THE IBERDROLA SPAIN CHAMPIONSHIP OF ARTISTIC SKATING: The Spanish Iberdrola Absolute Artistic and Synchronized Figure Skating Championship will start on Friday, December 14 at 2pm with the short program of the Novice Advanced category. Celia Garnacho -in Novice Advanced-, Marian Millares, Belén Álvarez, Aleix Gabara, Gaizka Madejón -in Junior category-, Valentina Matos, Héctor Alonso, Javier Raya -in Senior category- or couples formed by Laura Barquero & Aritz Maestu -in Pairs -, Olivia Smart & Adrià Díaz or the one composed by Sara Hurtado & Kirill Jalyavin -in Dance- are just some of the important names of this championship. It should be remembered that Hurtado & Jalyavin are living history of this sport. Less than a month ago, in the Rostelecom Cup, they achieved a historic medal for Spanish dance. The silver was hung in a Grand Prix race, something that no couple in this country had achieved so far.

And:

Saturday 15: RYTHMN DANCE JUNIOR Y SENIOR - 18:40 to 19:15 hrs (Spain time)
Sunday 16: FREE DANCE SENIOR Y JUNIOR - 14:45 to 15:15 hrs (Spain time) and GALA EX 19:30 hrs

:cheer:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
maryeli, where did you find the schedule? I can see only the entries list. :scratch2: And I would like to watch Senior pairs as well.
Among the rest I saw this: FERNANDEZ LOPEZ, LAURA ENTRENADOR - VALDEMORO ICE TEAM
Is it Javi's sister who coaches in that club?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
How does the Spanish ice dance pair for worlds get chosen?

Europeans? Or Nationals?

It's not decided yet. Spanish Ice Sports Federation has not yet disclosed the selection criteria for the Worlds. I wanted to include the link and the translation of the article, but the system discovered a word that is forbidden in the forum (!!!!) and did not allow me to do so :( Anyway, it will probably be purely discretional, as already occurred in the past.

malya

On the Ice
It's not decided yet. Spanish Ice Sports Federation has not yet disclosed the selection criteria for the Worlds. I wanted to include the link and the translation of the article, but the system discovered a word that is forbidden in the forum (!!!!) and did not allow me to do so :( Anyway, it will probably be purely discretional, as already occurred in the past.

Thanks for answering, I believe you without the link :)

But I dislike this decision (or non decision!). Both pairs look to be about the same level, so I doubt we will see a clear leader... Just publish the criteria for selection BEFORE the competitions.

Anyways Good Luck to Sara and Kirill today <3

pearly

Record Breaker
:rolleye:
Well the criteria for Worlds is obviously "wherever S/D finish, that place goes". Good luck Sara and Kiril tomorrow.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rolleye:
Well the criteria for Worlds is obviously "wherever S/D finish, that place goes". Good luck Sara and Kiril tomorrow.

Yep, and even if they had criteria, they would just change it to send S/D anyway :rolleye:

Good luck to Sara and Kirill tomorrow!

malya

On the Ice
The scores look good, I expected way worse tbh. If you look at how their and S/D Rythm Dances have been judged during the season and Sara's twizzles :(
(what's with the Gadbois and patterns? 1 and 2? Uhhhh)

H/K have the superior Free Dance for today, they just need to show it!

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
The RD competition yesterday was really interesting. This season, the international judges seem to be giving high GOES with low levels in the TR pattern dance and, even though there’s debate about it, I guess at this point we are all used to it, so when the judges decided to change the criteria at Spanish nationals, it took all of us by surprise.

I wasn´t expecting that the scores were so close and, by the look on the skaters faces, they weren´t expecting that either. I still don´t know what to think about it... so I’m gonna wait for today’s FD, cheer for all the teams and enjoy the competition!! :cheer:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Article: http://www.fedhielo.com/igualdad-maxima-en-la-segunda-jornada/

MAXIMUM EQUALITY IN THE SECOND DAY OF THE SPANISH CHAMPIONSHIP: "After the rhythmic dance, less than 5 tenths separate Olivia Smart & Adrián Díaz (69.86) from Sara Hurtado & Kirill Jalyavin (69.37). The two couples of Senior Dance will be played tomorrow from 14.25h the title of champions of Spain. So will Sofia Val & Linus Colmor Jespen (49.28) and Léa Mangas & Nicolas Soleil Vahoup (28.87) in the junior category. "

Hello Gordana, schedules and more: http://www.fedhielo.com/logrono2018/

Apparently it was planned that ESPOO would be the first of three tournaments to consider for the selection for Worlds, but Sara and Kirill retired due to an injury to Sara, thought to be considered Nationals and Europeans, but Grand Prix results could be taken into account. :scard7:

Sara and Kirill are incredible :cheer: (I miss Celia and Luis, there will be a gap on the podium), these nationals of Spain are bringing many surprises in all categories :eeking:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh Im so happy!
I was sure that SD would win:laugh: good thing to be pessimistic!:laugh:

great year for them so far!!:hap93:
go Zhulinteam! Hopefully soon they'll have another country's nat champs :p