2018-2019 Russian Nationals Men FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Men FS

moriel

Record Breaker
We can complain as much as we want, but unlike most russian men, Samarin is at least trying to win this thing.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Matvei Vetlugin's version of The Greatest Showman is better than this one, but well done.

The program does him no favors. But he is engaging to watch. He desperately needs polish. And to finish his moves.

Artur Jr stormed off when he got his scores.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Did Dmitri do an 3A? He fell once, so I'm hoping he popped less than he did at CoR.

What did Artur Dmitriev do? You people are tempting me to open the stream, aren't you :con2:
A hot mess. Then stormed out of the kiss and cry as soon as the score went up. Left his dad/coach sitting there. From Jackie Wong
@rockerskating
·
5m
Artur Dmitriev
4T, 4A(<<,fall), 3A1Lo2Lo, 4T(step), 1A, 3F1T(ur,ftdwn), 3Lz
TES 58.02, PCS 79.04, -1.00, FS 136.06, TOTAL 215.81 into 5th

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That was boring but technically competent for the most part, which in this field should be enough for the podium.

But this program is a really good example of using the music to overcompensate for deficiencies in the skater.

Danny T

Medalist
Aaah, just got my stream back. TES box is telling me Samarin did well. His landings are so ugly, but at least there are landings I guess.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I’d like to see him hold his landings longer, but that 4Lz really is trying to go to the moon.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Kovtun, that’s not a doughnut. It’s more of a crueler, and a two-day-old one at that.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Watching Russian men’s skating feels like watching a monster truck rally. I’m here to gawk at disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Kovtun, that’s not a doughnut. It’s more of a crueler, and a two-day-old one at that.

I choked on my coffee

rachno2

Record Breaker
I can’t wait to watch this get better composition scores than Mikhail’s masterpiece of a program :)

He did really well and he will be National Champion. Congrats on the comeback, Max; you definitely showed up for it.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Samarin may not be my piece of cake but BOY that 4Lz was MASSIVE!

Also we are having two Carmens in a row [emoji3] Kovtun is doing Good so far... pray for Misha ❤️❤️❤️

GGFan

Record Breaker
Definitely prefer Kolyada's Carmen but this is an improved version of the Kovtun I remember. Good for him!