Jason Brown | Page 640 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
^^^OT but back in the day when Gerald Ford was President he fell head first coming downstairs after a speech... news media was less than flattering or encouraging except one lady (? Who) pointed out that it was an athletic fall... you could tell he was a skiier because he pulled his arms in, tucked his head under and rolled, landing on his feet uninjured. I guess a big part of being an elite athlete like Jason is knowing how to fall and recover...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now THAT was a creative fall! :laugh: Only Jason! Hopefully he doesn't have a fall like that planned for 4CC! (just kidding)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
One of the IG commenters said this was Allentown?

I do not remember this; either they are mistaken or I was completely fooled:laugh:

He did not do that at Allentown. Maybe Hershey? He didn't fall at Allentown. I would definitely have remembered that and so would you!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He did not do that at Allentown. Maybe Hershey? He didn't fall at Allentown. I would definitely have remembered that and so would you!

Thanks for the reassurance!

Also :agree: to Nate Bartholomay's reply to the USFS retweet of Jason's somersault:

"This has got to be the smoothest wipe out recovery of all time"

Ross74

Medalist

I do not remember this; either they are mistaken or I was completely fooled:laugh:

I had to look this up because I remembered posting a video of the fall during SOI. A different video was posted on May 13, but there's no indication of the location unless someone recognizes the arena.

Post #10508
I'm not sure which show this is, but nice little improvisation Jason did in the beginning of Room Where it Happens :laugh: Seriously, good recovery there. Hope it's not improper to laugh. ;)

https://twitter.com/ItBeAJen/status/995533835046502400

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I had to look this up because I remembered posting a video of the fall during SOI. A different video was posted on May 13, but there's no indication of the location unless someone recognizes the arena.

Post #10508

Jason hurt his ankle in a fall in Detroit. Maybe this was it? After Detroit he stopped doing his jumps in performance for the rest of the tour. And he had to delay training jumps when he moved to Toronto. I saw him in Allentown and he was in full jump mode and didn't fall during the performance. The Detroit show was April 28th. Allentown was April 19th. The recovery is spectacular for sure!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason hurt his ankle in a fall in Detroit. Maybe this was it? After Detroit he stopped doing his jumps in performance for the rest of the tour. And he had to delay training jumps when he moved to Toronto. I saw him in Allentown and he was in full jump mode and didn't fall during the performance. The Detroit show was April 28th. Allentown was April 19th. The recovery is spectacular for sure!

Omigod I forgot context of your comments and thought you meant he just hurt the ankle at Nats - no no no! Thankfully I realized my mistake very quickly!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Omigod I forgot context of your comments and thought you meant he just hurt the ankle at Nats - no no no! Thankfully I realized my mistake very quickly!

Shoot! I never made that connection and should have. Of course, I meant SOI Detroit. Sorry for the anxiety I caused. As far as I know, he's in fine shape now.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Grant says Anaheim underneath. It's one of my fave Jason clips.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grant says Anaheim underneath. It's one of my fave Jason clips.

That makes more sense.

And are Grant and Caroline still in SoCal? I think Jason may have friends in the 4CC audience in addition to our dedicated GS attendees.....

Ross74

Medalist
That makes more sense.

And are Grant and Caroline still in SoCal? I think Jason may have friends in the 4CC audience in addition to our dedicated GS attendees.....

Grant responded to something of Jason's on Twitter saying he was going to be there. :agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What day will the men's event start for 4CC and is there any news when Jason will skate?

The SP is on Thursday, I believe. I don’t know when they have the draw for starting order.

We know what our guess for the result will be :biggrin:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The practice groups are a little strange. All of Team USA is practicing with all of Team Japan. At least Jason knows some Japanese. The SP draw is Wednesday. So I assume that the practices on Thursday will be in Start Order. The draw is latish in the day on Wednesday. And The FS draw is after the SP, so really late in the day. Does anyone know if all 26 are skating the FS or if they have a cutoff?