Jason Brown | Page 639 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Thanks! I have to laugh about the speed bc one of the posters in the US Nats related threads said several times that he’s very slow and my impression from seeing him live at SA 2016 was that wasn’t true.

ETA Doris, I also wondered about that.

His stroking has improved, and he gets more power out of his edges. Ignore and move on. :rolleye:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
His stroking has improved, and he gets more power out of his edges. Ignore and move on. :rolleye:

Im not sure if you think I was referring to you? But I wasn’t. I would agree his stroking and power out of edges has improved. If you were there, any more impressions would be greatly appreciated. I will be seeing him live in the FS at 4CC, so I’ll be able to see a bit more for myself.

Im not sure if you think I was referring to you? But I wasn’t. I would agree his stroking and power out of edges has improved. If you were there, any more impressions would be greatly appreciated. I will be seeing him live in the FS at 4CC, so I’ll be able to see a bit more for myself.

No. :p I know to whom you were referring. I was just saying that it's best to ignore him and move on. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He wasn't even slow back in 2014 when arguably his SS were no where where they are now.

As I said before, he's definitely improved the refinement and overall flow of his skating when I saw him at SCI compared to U.S. nationals 2018, when I saw him live last. And it seem he's contnued to improve from there.

Thanks for the report, karne!

Ross74

Medalist
Thanks for your report, Karne! I can’t believe you drove from airport down to CS yesterday and I’m so glad you arrived safely! We got more snow than predicted and Colorado doesn’t seem to be that great at keeping roads cleared at the best of times. I actually took the train in to work yesterday rather than drive.

karne, this is our 5th winter in CO and I have yet to drive on I-25 between Denver and CoSpgs in the snow. I just won't do it. I don't even want to be on that section of the road when it's not snowing. Kudos to you for taking that snow storm head on!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope he keeps going for the quad sal, he will hit it eventually in competition - it is a mental thing for him, IMO.

I do love his 3A/3T though and glad he's been able to master that combo, even better than a solo 3A!

I like him with Tracy in the KnC, you can tell she really loves working with him, glad the move to TCC seems to be working out well.

babyskate

On the Ice
I just saw Alysa Liu's Instagram story where she was asked who her favorite male skaters were.
She said Nathan Chen, Jason Brown and Jimmy Ma. Even an adorable extremely talented 13 year old recognizes the greatness of our Jason.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The bear I threw for Jason is in the picture of the stuffies he took to the Ronald McDonald House! :yay:

noskates

Record Breaker
Karne, that's great! And I enjoyed your recap.

The first time I saw Jason was in 2012. I've seen him live (I think) 4 times since and I would never have said he was slow on the ice!! But.....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's the brown one on the bottom left with the big nose. He's super soft and fluffy which was why I picked him out.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The bear I threw for Jason is in the picture of the stuffies he took to the Ronald McDonald House! :yay:

YAY! I saw my Tigger in a photo from San Jose last year. It's so fun to see that! A little boy was holding him. So glad you could be there. I am so jealous!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Out of curiosity last night I rewatched Jason’s nationals LP from last year and then his LP from this year. The difference is really obvious- both with his jumps and with his overall movement quality. Seeing him happy in the kiss and cry was also a wonderful plus instead of how resigned and sad he looked last year.

doublequad

On the Ice
i can't stop rewatching is SP. it's so good and the quality of the jumps are the best they've ever been
effortless, good flow in and out, good height and distance, all +4/+5 GOE territory

Imov

Medalist
A bit late, but I love is IG photo with the plushies.
He is fits right in like a ray of sunshine.

noskates

Record Breaker
Doris, thanks for posting that YouTube. I hadn't seen it. I loved what Charlie said (think it was Charlie) that he couldn't ask for anything more from Jason. He also said that Jason had spent so much time chasing the quad that the rest of his program was impacted. So true!