Tomoki Hiwatashi | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tomoki Hiwatashi

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a great skate and competition for Tomoki. SB in the Free and on total score. He's currently 23rd on the SB list :hap57:

Congrats and good luck at JW!!! :yahoo:

Hopefully we get a video soon!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wonderful picture Arriba!!

shine

Record Breaker
I luuuuurve his sp!!!! His FS is also not so shabby. Love the way he throws himself into every move while still maintaining control over his movement. Hope this is a breakthrough performance for him! He’s such an interesting and dynamic skater!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh wow! You're in Croatia?! You world traveler you! :laugh: Please cheer nice and loudly for Tomoki! His Nats and 4CC skates were great!

You know I will. I decided to come to this event on Friday. It was so last minute!

I should have some decent amateur pictures to post after this event is over too. Probably not a whole lot since today was the first practice I attended for the American guys. I missed them on Tuesday :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also I have press conference notes that I need to either find written up already or type them up myself. They were given to me by someone working at this event by text message. She said that Tomoki is a talker! LOL!

Actually, the GoldenSkate article is similar:

“I think I was able to do my best today as I got my personal best,” said the 19-year-old who is making his third appearance at this event. “There are some elements I can do better like step sequence. In general, I am really happy how I did and am really excited about the long program.”

“Stephen Gogolev has all the quads, and in free skate, there are a lot of things he can do and where he can beat me in,” Hiwatashi noted. “But being 19 and the oldest competitor at the event, I am really excited and scared of all the little, younger kids coming over trying to beat me, trying to do their best. Anything can happen in the long program. All the skaters in top 10 can beat the three of us here. They will do whatever they can do and I will do whatever I can do.”

Source: https://goldenskate.com/2019/03/camden-in-true-form-at-junior-worlds/

There is more in my text msg. I will type it up and update this post.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also I have press conference notes that I need to either find written up already or type them up myself. They were given to me by someone working at this event by text message. She said that Tomoki is a talker! LOL!

LOL! Yes, he is! I bumped into him in the lobby at 4CC. He lives in the town next to mine, and we ended up having quite a conversation about our local area, his former high school, etc. He's super friendly and of course was in such high spirits after doing so well at 4CC. Then Starr Andrews came up and congratulated him. It was really fun. He's a good kid.

Thx for posting his comments.

shine

Record Breaker
Haven’t watched his performances but SOOOO happy for him!!!!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG. I started screaming "he won, he won," hugging people around me and this was before his final placement came up! So no one knew but me and the people I were hugging and jumping up and down with :laugh: It was so great!

Congrats to Tomoki on his win!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OMG. I started screaming "he won, he won," hugging people around me and this was before his final placement came up! So no one knew but me and the people I were hugging and jumping up and down with :laugh: It was so great!

Congrats to Tomoki on his win!!!
Makes that yolo trip worth it!! So delighted for you and absolutely thrilled for him. Congrats Tomoki!