Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1014 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
The Eurosport commentators are the best! The German one also praised her endlessly.

I haven‘t watched it yet but I‘m looking forward to! They were so happy for her yesterday, I can only imagine what they have to say about her after today!

I love it. Is it too soon to talk about costumes? :dbana:

Nothing‘s ever too soon with Zhenya. You‘d think it would be too soon to announce the program for next season right after the competition has ended but here we are! :biggrin:

Not at all but somene here said he/she feels awkward on behalf of her behavior which I didn't understand.

Oh, I‘m sorry, I didn‘t see this comment.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I admit I wasn't pleased by the decision of the RusFed to nominate Zhenya for worlds, I would be hypocrite to deny it (but I insist it was only due to Liza, nothing else), but since that happened I wished her all the best (I've said something like "They are all the team now, nobody would benefit from making tensions there", but I can't find the comment). And she is on the podium now. As I've written already, I relaly like the SP, this FP is not my taste, but my personal taste is not a thing because what I would criticize her achievents (you know I'm also not a fan of e. g. Sasha's FP and yet I cheer for her).

Getting to the point I'm glad that she delivered her best today, she still is great skater and great performer. I admit she struggled with the pressure and with the change of style and environment. Anyone must adapt to those things and she was able to rise from opening failures - which were completely understandable. I expected it will take her much longer but during one season this is another great achievent for her. let her skate for more season in a friendly relationship with another skaters, even when they are her competitors. :thumbsup:

Watch

Final Flight
Don't know if I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't want her to keep Tosca. It's a solid program, but a relatively basic one. No shade, I just think it's visible that it was choreogrphed in a hurry. After Nats I thought it made sense to keep it, because I was coming to terms with the fact that she won't have the chance to show it again this season, but now that she took it to Worlds, I think it doesn't have much more for her to offer.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I planned to watch the FS after work before reading anything about it but I was so nervous I had to check the result now and wow. :luv17: When she was announced for the Worlds team I had a funny feeling she would take the bronze in the end and prove the nay-sayers wrong. But since I had no arguments to back this I kept this thought to myself and while I was praying for it to come true I didn’t really expect it tbh, but here we are! She is really one of a kind and I’m incredibly proud of her for everything she’s overcome and achieved this season.

So sorry to hear she’s injured again, I hope it’s nothing too serious and she’ll get well soon.

She really doesn't let us catch breath, does she? :laugh:

eaglehelang

Final Flight
1st thing came up my mind abt Memoirs of a Geisha is Zhang Ziyi. Zhang played the title role.

Its a challenging piece, if Evgenia wants to portray a geisha, following the movie

luanddu

On the Ice
Don't know if I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't want her to keep Tosca. It's a solid program, but a relatively basic one. No shade, I just think it's visible that it was choreogrphed in a hurry. After Nats I thought it made sense to keep it, because I was coming to terms with the fact that she won't have the chance to show it again this season, but now that she took it to Worlds, I think it doesn't have much more for her to offer.

I agree with you. I want a new sp from her next season.

noraaa

Rinkside
if Evgenia wants to portray a geisha, following the movie

I don't think she should portray a geisha, but rather just do a lovely piece to the music. Zhenya is not Japanese and I think specifically dressing like and portraying a geisha could be offensive.

That said, the music is one of my favorite scores and I'm thrilled she'll skate to it! I think it can be done respectfully and sensitively while still making use of the lovely music.

luanddu

On the Ice
She's gained 15k followers since they posted the video of her yesterday :)
I know! Maybe 1 or 2k come from the World Championships, but the rest.... Thank you Nike!

Btw, I'm curious because by the end of last year there was an interview with her manager and he said she was getting another major sponsor, but have heard nothing since then... Anyone remembers that interview?

DeeDee18

On the Ice
I know! Maybe 1 or 2k come from the World Championships, but the rest.... Thank you Nike!

Btw, I'm curious because by the end of last year there was an interview with her manager and he said she was getting another major sponsor, but have heard nothing since then... Anyone remembers that interview?

I thought it was MTV Russia? not sure tho