2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 958 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

noraaa

Rinkside
Evgenia got sent because her reputation and she had TAT politiking for her, PERIOD.

They're lucky it all worked out in the end but let's not kid ourselves and act the committee was all wise and knew things everyone else didn't because they didn't.

She had a majority of votes over Liza by quite a long shot, so I don't think it is all based on politicking, though I'm sure that helped. But let's put this debate to rest, she was chosen and skated well and helped save 3 spots. No need to cry any further about it. I for one am very excited for next season!

AkikoNana

Rinkside
Many consider bad Alina’s victory because not called UR, PCS boost etc...
But maybe they forgotten how Medvedeva has built her reputation, with not called flutz, PCS out of this world for the same program with no changes to justify the increase of them in every competition...
If she’s got that treatment along two years, why not for Alina?
I’m happy for Alina victory, not because she’s the perfect skater, but because she struggling a lot this season and finally she ended well; now I hope she rest and decide for her future in peace with no more bias on her.

I’m happy for Evgenia too, and I hope that in the future she show us her joy for skating, rather than her eyes full of rage for the competition. I think that Orser was the right choose for her and I admire the strength she has showed today. I think we’ve not seen yet the real Zhenya and I hope to see that the next year.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
#TeamTutberidze rules The World! At least that of women's single figure skating ...

What a competition for Alina, Elizaveta and Yevgeniya (who still has some part of #TeamTutberidze in her), exciting from start to finish for each of these girls!

Seeing the skaters so very happy with their results filled my heart with joy too.

All three looked they couldn't believe what they have just done on the ice, showing the world what they stand for, figure skating at the highest level.
And their emotions after the realisation hit home were honest and genuine: cries and fists raised in triumph, followed by tears of joy.
But professional athletes as they are, they quickly recomposed themselves and thanked the supportive crowd, their trainers, any deity they believe in, and they didn't forget to thank their fans.
I had to watch a little unobtrusively at work and couldn't pay full attention to the press conference, where Alina was delayed.
Elizavyeta expressed herself well in English, honest and true. Yevgeniya talked about some injure she sustained just the day before that made her both angry and strongly determined, but she still looked a little tense in the company of her former training partners. I remember no awkward questions were being asked in press conference.
Alina only expressed herself in general tidbits. Oh well, we'll read all about them in the Russian sports press and TV broadcasts the coming days. No doubt, the skaters rather skip that part of their responsibilities and rather celebrate and relax in their own companies.

The Japanese girls, not easily intimidated, didn't show their full potential, perhaps the pressure got to them a little?
But the Russian girls fought the external pressure with their internal strength, their courage, confidence and will power.
And of course the meticulous way they have been prepared physically, mentally, emotionally by their trainers paid off.

Now, since Elizavyeta is with Khrustalniy, will she participate in the Tutberidze Show next month? One installment wouldn't be enough, the whole world of figure skating will want to watch the Khrustalniy skaters :)

And wouldn't it be nice if Yevgeniya will be invited too, with both her and Eteri Georgyevna putting behind themselves the hard feelings from earlier?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm happy for Alina and Evgenia. Really, it was Alina's Euros performance that caused Liza to miss Worlds. Had Sofia not been the European champion, the Russian Fed would not have had to send her to Worlds. They just couldn't leave someone with a big, recent title at home.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
But maybe they forgotten how Medvedeva has built her reputation, with not called flutz, PCS out of this world for the same program with no changes to justify the increase of them in every competition...
I’m happy for Alina victory, not because she’s the perfect skater, but because she struggling a lot this season and finally she ended well; now I hope she rest and decide for her future in peace with no more bias on her.

I’m happy for Evgenia too, and I hope that in the future she show us her joy for skating, rather than her eyes full of rage for the competition. I think that Orser was the right choose for her and I admire the strength she has showed today. I think we’ve not seen yet the real Zhenya and I hope to see that the next year.

She was in pain, that's why :)

AkikoNana

Rinkside
I don’t just mean today’s FS but the entire season. I know it was a very difficult season for her, I only hope to see the real Zhenya next year, when the trouble of the change and the injuries will pass away.

ramed

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Now, since Elizavyeta <Tursynbaeva> is with Khrustalniy, will she participate in the Tutberidze show next month? One installment wouldn't be enough, the whole world of figure skating will want to watch the Khrustalniy skaters.
Afaik, yes, and Moris Kvitelashvili will join too.

And wouldn't it be nice of Yevgeniya will be invited too, with both her and Eteri Georgyevna putting behind themselves the hard feelings from earlier?
Sure it would be nice but I didn't hear such news.

Scott512

Record Breaker
You gotta admit it was at least a bit scary.
why scary?

I would like to see if you do well enough you can get more than three skaters just like if you do badly enough you get less than three skaters. Next year we'll even be more competitive greater and crazier for the Russian girls in this season was.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Evgenia got sent because her reputation and she had TAT politiking for her, PERIOD.

They're lucky it all worked out in the end but let's not kid ourselves and act the committee was all wise and knew things everyone else didn't because they didn't.
Sure cause tat is also 19 voices, sure believe what you want sorry to say but Evgenia was voted into the team by a big majority, it wasn't a small win . And well she showed everyone inside this forum and outside who were screaming how she would loose Russia the 3 spots. Come on let's hear your voices now , now that she has bronze.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Bad victory for Alina? Whoever thinks that is off kilter.

Good job by Zhenya with her injury and medalling. But who was more deserving of silver her of Lilbet? I was not able to watch the skates so I dont know. I knew Rika would climb close to medals and she did.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Alina on winning the world title and also winning all the major titles as a Junior and senior by the age of 16. That is historic and unprecedented.

I also think Eteri is pretty happy she gave Alina a second chance 3 years ago. ;)

While the first sentence isn't true at all (hello Tara Lipinski) I am quite happy that Alina proved me wrong. I still think the programs are atrocious but clearly the fault is on her choreographer. You can tell she's an incredibly hardworking girl and anyone who has a heart must feel even just a tiny bit of joy for her after the season she's had.

icybear

Medalist
While the first sentence isn't true at all (hello Tara Lipinski) I am quite happy that Alina proved me wrong. I still think the programs are atrocious but clearly the fault is on her choreographer. You can tell she's an incredibly hardworking girl and anyone who has a heart must feel even just a tiny bit of joy for her after the season she's had.

Tara Lipinski has never won a Junior Worlds title and she has never won a Grand Prix event.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Tara Lipinski has never won a Junior Worlds title and she has never won a Grand Prix event.

True but I wouldn't think too much about Junior Worlds back then; it's certainly not as prestigious as it is now and she was off to senior worlds by age 13. No point in competing in juniors if she didn't have to. Didn't recall she hadn't won a Grand Prix. Interesting! But I wouldn't say a Grand Prix event is a major title. No one looks at Grand Prix wins over something the final, Worlds, or the Olympics.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I skipped skiing this morning. I stayed at the hotel trying to find the stream that worked. Finally, Match TV although freezing every now and then gave me the chance to watch it all.

First, my heart started pounding when Zhenya went for the first combo - clean! then clean again and again. Then this treacherous 3F at the end - clean! Into the first, bravo!

And then Alina. Her nemesis: 3Lz-3T at the beginning. Done! 3Lz-3Lo Done! - I started to applaud to my monitor - just stayed short of standing ovation. Alina was not as into the program as during the SP but the job was done!

It would be a dream, a flick on the nose to all naysayers from both fan camps and to all who tried to write off Alina and Zhenya during the whole season, including this particular thread, if they went 1-2 like a year ago, but... the first clean 4S in history of senior ladies' skating. What can we do?! It's Eteri's world....

Perfect podium! Thank you, girls!

And thank you, Sofia. You did your best - 8th place for the worlds' debut insuch a dense field is a feat. And it was a good safety net if things went wrong with Alina and Zhenya.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I skipped skiing this morning. I stayed at the hotel trying to find the stream that worked. Finally, Match TV although freezing every now and then gave me the chance to watch it all.

First, my heart started pounding when Zhenya went for the first combo - clean! then clean again and again. Then this treacherous 3F at the end - clean! Into the first, bravo!

And then Alina. Her nemesis: 3Lz-3T at the beginning. Done! 3Lz-3Lo Done! - I started to applaud to my monitor - just stayed short of standing ovation. Alina was not as into the program as during the SP but the job was done!

It would be a dream, a flick on the nose to all naysayers from both fan camps and to all who tried to write off Alina and Zhenya during the whole season, including this particular thread, if they went 1-2 like a year ago, but... the first clean 4S in history of senior ladies' skating. What can we do?! It's Eteri's world....

Perfect podium! Thank you, girls!

Um. Weren't you one of the biggest naysayers after Medvedeva switched to Orser? :sarcasm:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
why scary?

I would like to see if you do well enough you can get more than three skaters just like if you do badly enough you get less than three skaters. Next year we'll even be more competitive greater and crazier for the Russian girls in this season was.

I certainly wouldn't complain about more Russians ;)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Um. Weren't you one of the biggest naysayers after Medvedeva switched to Orser? :sarcasm:

You confuse me with someone, that's for sure. It's too difficult to find old posts but there are those where after the announcement I supported her decision contemplating the psychological blow that she received after not winning the Olympics and how difficult it would be for her to share the ice with Alina.

When things went the way they went like that awful short program that they scrapped later on, when she forgot how to jump, when miserable ongoing results were masked by long-term promises, yes, I actively expressed my doubts. But not in Zhenya but in Borser's skills as a coach. I still don't think that he is a good ladies' coach. You can put on Kazakhstan pullover, you can bring expressive mom to K&C but it cannot cover the need to be there for your pupils every day like Eteri does.

I still think that Medvedeva can do better with a different coach. Even at her best she lost more than 10 points to her Olympic score while Alina did not.

I see the progress in Eusoon Lim in just 1 season. Raf could be a good idea for Zhenya now that her return to Eteri is absolutely out of question...but I understand that things will stay next season like they are now. I just wish her luck.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
You confuse me with someone, that's for sure. It's too difficult to find old posts but there are those where after the announcement I supported her decision contemplating the psychological blow that she received after not winning the Olympics and how difficult it would be for her to share the ice with Alina.

When things went the way they went like that awful short program that they scrapped later on, when she forgot how to jump, when miserable ongoing results were masked by long-term promises, yes, I actively expressed my doubts. But not in Zhenya but in Borser's skills as a coach. I still don't think that he is a good ladies' coach. You can put on Kazakhstan pullover, you can bring expressive mom to K&C but it cannot cover the need to be there for your pupils every day like Eteri does.

I still think that Medvedeva can do better with a different coach. Even at her best she lost more than 10 points to her Olympic score while Alina did not.

I see the progress in Eusoon Lim in just 1 season. Raf could be a good idea for Zhenya now that her return to Eteri is absolutely out of question...but I understand that things will stay next season like they are now. I just wish her luck.

Eh. I don't necessarily agree but I guess I see your point.