2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 972 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

caballe

On the Ice
I feel like if EM fans just decided to ignore Tutberidze's post, no one would be talking about it anyway.

"She should have known it would start a new debate."

Who started the debate? Who's keeping it alive?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I feel like if EM fans just decided to ignore Tutberidze's post, no one would be talking about it anyway.

"She should have known it would start a new debate."

Who started the debate? Who's keeping it alive?

I'm exhausted completely to be honest, I give up :biggrin:

melgirl25

Medalist
I think that Alina is firm unless health issues but I see Zhenya/Liza argument may be up again.

Or if Alina skips then we shall have Zhenya + Liza and everyone will finally be happy.

Aren't all three of them staying in Japan for SOI Japan? The last show is April 7 and WTT starts a few days later.

Scott512

Record Breaker
There could be also said "Eteri will always be the evil person". Like Eteri says:
"I was fan of Brian Boitano" => "Eteri says that because she is angry about Orser" (like there is no opportunity anyone could honestly like Brian Boitano)
Eteri speaks about her mother => Eteri is manipulating public opinion (just remember what was said when her interview with Ted was published)
Anything about diet => "we are so concerned about her starving her skaters to death" (this can be related to anything her skaters have also said, which is often retelled in modified versions or ripped out of context, not to mention continuous speculations about health of the skaters while it is against the rules)

And I could continue.

Again, I would like to remind the great shift that took place last season. Pre-medvexit it was "evil Eteri wanted Zhenya to win the olympics but brave Alina prevailed" vs. post-medvexit it was from the very same people "evil Eteri hold Zhenya's tech level low so jumping bean Zagitova could win the olympics because of her backloading (because otherwise she would never defeat Medvedeva, as we all know :) )." That is also about who brings alina into it. Sometimes Alina is mentioned by the people who on one hand speak about the longevity but on the other call for Alina to retire. Again, the very same people, not from the ranks of her fans.

This is like a boomerang.

Zagistans could enjoy their bragging rights this year. Just don't rub it in too much on us. :p

This is Medvedeva-centric thinking. This woman lived in pain, and she shared it because she subconsciously wants support and positive comments. And there is a HUGE amount of supporting comments, just a huge one. Yes, there is a skirmish, but this is a relatively small number of people who argue with each other and write dozens of messages with insults to each other. Alas, but it always happens in any twitter and inst of a popular persona.

Why would anyone be upset with EG telling the world about her feelings and about what hurt she had in her heart when her mother was dying last year? It was probably very therapeutic for her to do so. So why are people upset? Did she drag Evgenia through the mud or something? I remember the great coach once saying the last few months she really did not enjoy her Olympic experience because her mother was so I'll. That statement was perfectly normal.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Looking through the last pages in the hope of finding something about Russian women and FS.Such feeling that I got to Sports ru. :palmf:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Ok so my first post to this was not meant against eteri posting this, but the truth is that it will again entflame bad comments against zhenya and against eteri herself, It looked to have calmed down before that post quite a bit. So I would have liked and in my opinion it would have been a good thing to at least try to moderate the comments underneath it So this is what I also posted in zhenyas fanfest when this post was discussed and yes i am a zhenya fan first before everything else but I do not hate eteri.

Do I think there was more than what we know of why zhenya left eteri? Yes I definitely think so. Did the thought that her mother had a thing to do with it cross my mind yes. Still i think something happened between them that we don't and I think never will know or she would not have let without giving flowers. Do I disagree with some of eteri methods?yes Do I like that she as the more mature one acts like the immature one here a bit. No but I still do like her per see and she is a genius for the youngsters or she would not have 3a coming up. Ect. ..

And while she did imply zhenya in her post without naming her , she gives a resumee of this past year and past season . And yes zhenya left her , so she can include that in the post if she wants to, and as I said more than once the break up was handled badly on both sides, both sides made mistakes. And do I think that zhenya leaving deeply hurt eteri as well? Yes I definetly do believe that cause say what you will but they had a very special and close relationship with each other . A connection and relationship that she never had and I think never will have again with any other skater. To outsiders it looked even as if she prefered zhenya over her own daughter. Even said she is like a second daughter and I believe her when she said that. So yes I can also understand her being hurt quite a bit. But I also understand zhenya that whatever else happened and the reasons we know about her leaving and that it was a good decision. She is learning new things and having another trainer and learning from him is mostly good. And most of all she is looking happy and healthy. Mabye it is also that in the cricket club they are a family ,I think in Russia itwasalso close but not that close cause you always trained with you rivals and internally know that while they look up to you and love you they also wait for one moment of weakness

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Looking through the last pages in the hope of finding something about Russian women and FS.Such feeling that I got to Sports ru. :palmf:

Welcome to the Colosseum. Retiarii have just finished, murmillones are currently sharpening their blades :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think that Alina is firm unless health issues but I see Zhenya/Liza argument may be up again.

Or if Alina skips then we shall have Zhenya + Liza and everyone will finally be happy.

Alina looked very strong to me at Worlds. Unless she wants to rest and not have another competition, I cannot see her not going. It would be an amazing opportunity to have Masaru in the K&C.

I would say, if it‘s between Liza and Zhenya: 100% Liza. Zhenya got Worlds, so it‘s only fair Liza‘ll get WTT. And besides that, I don‘t know what kind of injury Zhenya has and how bad it is but I‘d rather her take it easy and skate in shows than do a full competition with all the jumps, spins and two programs. And Liza did say she wanted to show three 3a THIS SEASON so I guess this will be the only chance.

So, yes, I think it‘s very very likely the team will be Liza and Alina.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Alina looked very strong to me at Worlds. Unless she wants to rest and not have another competition, I cannot see her not going. It would be an amazing opportunity to have Masaru in the K&C.

I would say, if it‘s between Liza and Zhenya: 100% Liza. Zhenya got Worlds, so it‘s only fair Liza‘ll get WTT. And besides that, I don‘t know what kind of injury Zhenya has and how bad it is but I‘d rather her take it easy and skate in shows than do a full competition with all the jumps, spins and two programs. And Liza did say she wanted to show three 3a THIS SEASON so I guess this will be the only chance.

I don't think zhenya will go she has many ice shows . So no I do not think she will do WTT

P44

On the Ice
I wonder if some young russian girls will try quads next season.
And by the way, why doesn't Sasha jump quad salchow anymore ?

zounger

Medalist
I wonder if some young russian girls will try quads next season.
And by the way, why doesn't Sasha jump quad salchow anymore ?

If I remember well one of the reasons she mentioned is that it's is difficult to prepare three different quads in 6 min warmup. I guess she needs to master them a little bit more...

Scott512

Record Breaker
eteri's post was so obviously about how she overcame her obstacles this year. there was barely a sentence about zhenya, and it certainly wasn't the point of the post at all.

not everything eteri does or says is a shot at zhenya and it's not her responsibility to make sure that people aren't being nasty in her comment section. she's allowed to honestly and respectfully say how disappointed she was about zhenya leaving
Well said.

Fans of whomever should refrain from insulting people on IG Twitter etc. It's not the fault of EG or Zhenya when their fans act up.

Who is this Rodina? An athlete? Why would she say she wanted to beat Alina? Odd. That's a threat.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
And most of all she is looking happy and healthy. Mabye it is also that in the cricket club they are a family ,I think in Russia itwasalso close but not that close cause you always trained with you rivals and internally know that while they look up to you and love you they also wait for one moment of weakness

That is an excellent point!

It is certainly a different dynamic when your rinkmates are not your direct competitors.
Much less stressful.

Finley

Record Breaker

Masaru in the K&C would be amazing! :luv17: If the WTT organizers make a medal for her so she can be on the podium even better! Please make this happen, Skate Gods, Japanese quarantine laws & WTT organizers!