2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 369 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Like I said last year she had to take more risk because she was the only senior and some people were not convinced about her being the reigning olympic champion but now as the reigning world champion, she can relax and enjoy.

I’d argue that she isn’t a lock for Worlds/Euros by any means this year, with no quad or 3A she needs to do everything she can to increase her TES.

madison

Record Breaker
Is there any point loss from going from 3L+3T to 2A+3T aside from it not being in the second half? She is still repeating the lutz right?

Eteri said last year that it was difficult to jump both 3l3t and 3l3lo in the same program as the technique is different.

Nikolay96

Spectator
Evgenia's music choice for her FS is beautiful and works perfect for her. When she skates this cleanly it'll be awesome to see! I'm glad that she is making her programs a little bit more difficult with 2 Loops and 2 Lutzes and that 3s+3lo combo is everything <3<3<3 I am curious tho as to where her 7th triple was supposed to be.... I'm assuming its a 3T I just wonder if it was meant to go after the double Axel or Flip? Last year I remember they switched some of the jumps around after the test skate wonder if they'll keep everything the way it is or change it. Who knows its so early.

ec00834

On the Ice
I'm scared of her doing 2a-3t because her 2a seems a little wonky compared to what it was like at Pyeongchang

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I’d argue that she isn’t a lock for Worlds/Euros by any means this year, with no quad or 3A she needs to do everything she can to increase her TES.

And so what ? She still won without a quad or triple A. She can still medal and she doesn’t have to win the gold at each competition.

Amei

Record Breaker
Last year she had 3Lz+3T in the first half and the loop combo in the second. I don‘t mind the new decision, if it helps her skate cleanly, I think it‘s a good thing. The 3Lo in the second half was often UR last season but the two she did over her two programs at test skates were both perfect. I think it‘s a good idea.

If her goal/desire is to get to Europeans or Worlds again, then she really needs to work on getting that combo in the bonus portion of the program, she's no longer leading the technical side - Trusova is easy to say a lock to land at least 1 of her quads and Shcherbakova could probably still come out on top on the technical score if she falls on the quad. She's not going to be able to rely on PCS beating the 3A's by the end of the season, she is well aware based on her own career that winning and clean skates will make their PCS go up by the end of the season. And let's not forget that Liza has 2 triple axels and Medvedeva has mentioned working on a quad (not heard if she plans on putting it in this season

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
And so what ? She still won without a quad or triple A. She can still medal and she doesn’t have to win the gold at each competition.

I mean if you’re arguing that she is skating just for the fun of it at this point then that’s different and there is no harm there. I think people are assuming that if she is going to continue conpeting then she’s going for gold, hence questioning the tech. Certainly she hasn’t said it’s only for fun now.

Nikolay96

Spectator
I agree. I love Evgenia but I get more nervous about her 2a in a combo more than any other jump she does. The only positive I see about a 2a+3T combo for her is that if she screws up the Axel she could just put the 3T after the Flip which is her last jump I believe. Her 3F+3T is so much more consistent than 2a+3t but who knows. We'll see.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
If her goal/desire is to get to Europeans or Worlds again, then she really needs to work on getting that combo in the bonus portion of the program, she's no longer leading the technical side - Trusova is easy to say a lock to land at least 1 of her quads and Shcherbakova could probably still come out on top on the technical score if she falls on the quad. She's not going to be able to rely on PCS beating the 3A's by the end of the season, she is well aware based on her own career that winning and clean skates will make their PCS go up by the end of the season. And let's not forget that Liza has 2 triple axels and Medvedeva has mentioned working on a quad (not heard if she plans on putting it in this season

I think her true goal is a second olympic and it’s only a test. I think she will put full difficulties for the most important competition.

And who knows, last year I didn’t expect for Alina to win the world (Rika was a real threat) and less for zhenia to stand on the podium but both medaled when Rika was the one being out.

Test skates are too early to call anything so it's amusing trying to see posters do that. I don't believe any predictions from last year's test skates held.

- - - Updated - - -

Tukt's jumps are fantastic and that is about it. She is one of the most 1-dimensional skaters I have ever seen.

I realy love Liza but her spins are not so good, and she has no choreography so she is not so lock for worlds

I agree with this. Her jumps are amazing, give her ALL the GOEs. But everything else, unfortunately, is not there. Spins, steps, skating skills/PCS qualities, and transitions are some of the weakest in this strong field. Fantastic jumps, but if PCS scoring is fair, she will never score above someone who has great jumps AND PCS. I low-key wonder what her skating would be like if she skated to an Eteri team program? Lol

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I mean if you’re arguing that she is skating just for the fun of it at this point then that’s different and there is no harm there. I think people are assuming that if she is going to continue conpeting then she’s going for gold, hence questioning the tech. Certainly she hasn’t said it’s only for fun now.

She said she’s skating not for winning but for herself and her fans. She wants to enjoy and I agree :agree:

starla16

Medalist
I agree with this. Her jumps are amazing, give her ALL the GOEs. But everything else, unfortunately, is not there. Spins, steps, skating skills/PCS qualities, and transitions are just not there. Fantastic jumps, but if PCS scoring is fair, she will never score above someone who has great jumps AND PCS. I low-key wonder what her skating would be like if she skated to an Eteri team program? Lol

Liza cant because she has been with Mishin since she was a kid, Mishin has different approach and dont much transitions or skating skills
If liza concentrates in transitions she will lose her jump focus.

Sofia does make more effort even with her limited interpretations and transitions but her jumps are surprisingly not Mishin standards, almost Satoko like

ruga

Final Flight
Regarding Alina: if she feels more comfortable with two +3 combos in the 1st half then why not. Last year she would make more mistakes in the 2nd half because there was no time to recover. Now she has 2 spare jumps where she could add a +3T or 3Loop in case she misses them.

And it's really great that Aliona repeats both flip and lutz now. Her BV is only less than a point lower than Alina's I think.

Canadianskatingfan

On the Ice
yes a goe point loss

Actually technically a GOE point gain. When she does 3Lz3T the GOE is based off the 3Lz so her solo 2A has its GOE based on 2A. If she does 2A3T the GOE Factor is based off the 3T and then her solo 3Lz still has the same GOE factor as lutz toe. If both get +5 then with 3Lz3T and 2A she gets +2.95 and +1.65. If she does 3Lz and 2A3T with +5 she gets +2.95 and +2.10 with no change in base value.

silveruskate

On the Ice
The best for Alina and I'm happy for her is that it does not look like her vs 3A to hold her spot. Instead they are now working together as the 4A and she's enjoying herself a lot. <3

Haikush

On the Ice
If this were a competition, would be my positions:

TES (+GOE):
1. Trusova
2. Zagitova
3. Tuktamysheva
4.Kostornaia
5. Scherbakova
6. Konstantinova
7. Samodurova
8. Medvedeva