2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 370 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I’ve got to say while I liked Anna Shcherbakova last year too, this year she has an entirely new breathing and programs which I thoroughly enjoyed. I thought she sold them incredibly well and seemed to be enjoying them a lot. Definitely excited for her this season

esteticlove

Final Flight
I’d argue that she isn’t a lock for Worlds/Euros by any means this year, with no quad or 3A she needs to do everything she can to increase her TES.

They have 3 places for the National Team. Only Sasha and Anna have quads, that's 2 out of 3. Liza has 3x3A, if she execudes them but has no choreography. I don't really see her beating clean Alina, maybe only in TES but not in overall score. And I think that Alina's technical score is still stronger then Alena's, who's another strong contender.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
They have 3 places for the National Team. Only Sasha and Anna have quads, that's 2 out of 3. Liza has 3x3A, if she execudes them but has no choreography. I don't really see her beating clean Alina, maybe only in TES but not in overall score. And I think that Alina's technical score is still stronger then Alena's, who's another strong contender.

There’s still the WTT. I don’t mind seeing her at this competition since she already won the individual

Anyways, I don’t want to predict because like I said before I was far away to see Zhenia at worlds last year and to stand on the podium.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
still a long time before worlds, things happen, no one's in lock for anything.
The competition will be intense that's the only thing I'm sure of.

zounger

Medalist
^^

True no one won worlds in September. The season is long and full of terrors and I don't mean Alexandra's quads :biggrin:

silveruskate

On the Ice
In the end consistency matters most. As we saw with Kihira vs Alina last year, tech makes no difference if you cannot perform it. Anna's programs PCS-wise were a revelation, but her 4Lz success-rate is much too low so far. I was very excited for Aliona but that may be why I find myself a little disappointed in her programs. In my eyes, right now Alina is ahead of them both (especially because both her programs are very good and suit her).

I am not sure, but is it the case that the 4Lz is a free chance for Anna and will not affect her scores at all if she rotates it fully? That changes some things.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist

I explained how I don’t believe they will give rising seniors Anna and Alyona the PCS they deserve relative to Liza clean with 3 triple axels. But as the reigning world and Olympic champion Alina is a different story. I think it would be unbelievably close between the two of them between Liza’s TES and Alina’s PCS. Can Alina win, yes she absolutely can. Is it a sure thing, I wouldn’t say so. Certainly every little bit helps, which is why people are questioning the decisions with her BV.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
In the end consistency matters most. As we saw with Kihira vs Alina last year, tech makes no difference if you cannot perform it. Anna's programs PCS-wise were a revelation, but her 4Lz success-rate is much too low so far. I was very excited for Aliona but that may be why I find myself a little disappointed in her programs. In my eyes, right now Alina is ahead of them both (especially because both her programs are very good and suit her).

So true. It will be interesting to see what will happen if all the top skaters skate clean

melgirl25

Medalist
I explained how I don’t believe they will give rising seniors Anna and Alyona the PCS they deserve relative to Liza clean with 3 triple axels. But as the reigning world and Olympic champion Alina is a different story. I think it would be unbelievably close between the two of them between Liza’s TES and Alina’s PCS. Can Alina win, yes she absolutely can. Is it a sure thing, I wouldn’t say so. Certainly every little bit helps, which is why people are questioning the decisions with her BV.

Doesn’t the harder transition into the lutz even it out with the GOE. At least that was my reasoning on why they changed it.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
The best for Alina and I'm happy for her is that it does not look like her vs 3A to hold her spot. Instead they are now working together as the 4A and she's enjoying herself a lot. <3

I think she’s more at ease this year because she can rely on her teammates. Last year she was alone with a huge responsibility.

karina17

Final Flight
Hey guys, I'm bored and I can't sleep because Anna's dress snatched my weave. So I did a calculation of everyone's BV (as presented today, and as predicted for how it's supposed to be, for those who weren't clean). Note: No accounting for UR.

Evgenia Medvedeva
Layout (Delivered): 3Lz2T2T, 3S3Lo, 3Lz, A // 2A (fall), 3F (step), 3Lo
Layout (Predicted): 3Lz2T2T, 3S3Lo, 3Lz, 2A // 2A3T, 3F, 3Lo
Jump Base Value (Delivered): 38.45
Jump Base Value (Predicted): 46.37

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Layout (Delivered): 3A2T, 3A, 3Lz, 3F // 2A3T2T, 3Lz+REP, 3Lo
Layout (Predicted, I Tried My Best But I Don't Know What She's Doing): 3A2T, 3A, 3Lz, 3F // 2A3T2T, 3Lz2A, 3Lo
Jump Base Value (Delivered): 48.11
Jump Base Value (Predicted): 51.67

Sofia Samodurova
Layout (Delivered): 3F, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3F+REP (fall) // 2A3T, 3S, 2A
Layout (Predicted, I Just Based it on Last Year): 3F3T, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3F // 2A3T, 3S, 2A2T2T
Jump Base Value (Delivered): 36.42
Jump Base Value (Predicted): 45.07

Stanislava Konstantinova
Layout (Delivered): 2A3T, 3F (step), 3F2T, 3Lo // 3Lz1Eu3S, 2A, 2Lz
Layout (Predicted): 2A3T, 3F2T, 3F, 3Lo // 3Lz1Eu3S, 2A, 3Lz
Jump Base Value (Delivered): 42.01
Jump Base Value (Predicted): 46.19

Alina Zagitova
Layout: 3Lz3Lo, 2A3T, 3S, 2A // 3F2T2Lo, 3Lz, 3F
Jump Base Value: 47.46

Anna Shcherbakova
Layout: 4Lz (fall), 3F3Lo, 2A, 2A // 3Lz3T, 3F1Eu3S, 3Lz
Jump Base Value: 57.01

Alexandra Trusova
Layout: 4Lz, 4T3T, 4T, 2A // 3Lz3Lo (fall), 3Lz1Eu3S, 3F
Jump Base Value: 67.48

Alena Kostornaia
Layout: 2A, 3Lz2T, 3Lo, 2A // 3F3T, 3F1Eu3S, 3Lz (step)
Jump Base Value: 46.75

Ranking of Base Value (Delivered):

(1) Alexandra Trusova 67.48
(2) Anna Shcherbakova 57.01
(3) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 48.11
(4) Alina Zagitova 47.46
(5) Alena Kostornaia 46.75
(6) Stanislava Konstantinova 42.01
(7) Evgenia Medvedeva 38.45
(8) Sofia Samodurova 36.42

Ranking of Base Value (Predicted):
(3) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 51.67
(4) Alina Zagitova 47.46
(6) Evgenia Medvedeva 46.37
(7) Stanislava Konstantinova 46.19
(8) Sofia Samodurova 45.07

Takeaways:

(1) I didn't realise Liza was throwing THAT many points away with the nonsensical layout. Of course, my predicted layout could be entirely wrong but I don't know what else could work - she's missing one jump, and I have to assume that was for the second 3Lz because that was the one weird landing in the whole program. She can't repeat 3T because of the Zayak rule, she can't do 1Eu3S because she's already used her 3 jump combo...it's a mess. Also, her jump layout is missing a 3S completely and she jumps an additional 2A. Can someone please help her with her layout? I thought she would be ahead of or at least tied with Anna, but she isn't because of the silly layout.

(2) Assuming all skate clean, Alina, Alena, Evgenia, Stasya and Sofia all are very very close in BV now. Especially the middle three. Interesting.

(3) Sasha's BV. Oh lawd she comin.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Hey guys, I'm bored and I can't sleep because Anna's dress snatched my weave. So I did a calculation of everyone's BV (as presented today, and as predicted for how it's supposed to be, for those who weren't clean). Note: No accounting for UR.

Evgenia Medvedeva

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Layout (Predicted, I Tried My Best But I Don't Know What She's Doing): 3A2T, 3A, 3Lz, 3F // 2A3T2T, 3Lz2A, 3Lo

Sofia Samodurova
Layout (Predicted, I Just Based it on Last Year): 3F3T, 3Lz, 3Lo, 3F // 2A3T, 3S, 2A2T2T

Stanislava Konstantinova

Alina Zagitova

Anna Shcherbakova

Alexandra Trusova

Alena Kostornaia

(4) Alina Zagitova 47.46

(4) Alina Zagitova 47.46

Takeaways:

(1) I didn't realise Liza was throwing THAT many points away with the nonsensical layout. Of course, my predicted layout could be entirely wrong but I don't know what else could work - she's missing one jump, and I have to assume that was for the second 3Lz because that was the one weird landing in the whole program. She can't repeat 3T because of the Zayak rule, she can't do 1Eu3S because she's already used her 3 jump combo...it's a mess. Also, her jump layout is missing a 3S completely and she jumps an additional 2A. Can someone please help her with her layout? I thought she would be ahead of or at least tied with Anna, but she isn't because of the silly layout.

(2) Assuming all skate clean, Alina, Alena, Evgenia, Stasya and Sofia all are very very close in BV now. Especially the middle three. Interesting.

Sasha the great? More like Sasha the terrible :reye: she's a full 10 points above the next competitor, Anna, who's quad success rate in international competition has been very low. Terrorizing the other skaters... sheesh. I love that she doesn't need it but goes for it because she's skating for herself.

yexiu

Rinkside

Evgenia Medvedeva

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Sofia Samodurova

Stanislava Konstantinova

Alina Zagitova

Anna Shcherbakova

Alexandra Trusova

Alena Kostornaia

(4) Alina Zagitova 47.46

(4) Alina Zagitova 47.46

Takeaways:

Damn, Sasha's BV, I wonder if she lands even 2 of the 3 quad jumps, what are the chances of others winning. I don't think the PCS will do much in this case, may be the GOE will make up the gap..?

ruga

Final Flight
At this point she could get a 0 GOE for everything and still receive decent technical score. If Sasha actually adds 4F/3A, ISU can officially move her to men. She would stop terrorizing innocent ladies and finally brighten up Russian men's field.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I’ve got to say while I liked Anna Shcherbakova last year too, this year she has an entirely new breathing and programs which I thoroughly enjoyed. I thought she sold them incredibly well and seemed to be enjoying them a lot. Definitely excited for her this season

I absolutely LOVE Anna's programs this year. I am also very pleased that Alina and Zhenya have great programs this year, but Anna's IMO are the best. I would not have thought of mixing Satie's Gnossienes and Firebird, but she makes it work. I was not planning on going to Skate America, but now that I have seen Anna's programs at test skate, I think I may have to see them in person!

I also really like Alena's Twilight FS, but agree with the others that the music changes are a bit jarring.

Liza's programs are empty aside from the jumps (which admittedly are beautiful). Considering how intricate someone like Anna's programs are, it would be criminal to score their PCS similarly. I think there should be about a 10 point difference.

sx98423

On the Ice

she doesn't even have that big of a cushion on the non quad/3A skaters... she should really rework her layout. maybe she just isn't able to deliver a higher BV layout right now?

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Do not forget that Medvedeva reached the World Cup thanks to the robbery that they did to Tuktamysheva ... With a Trusova and Shcherbakova unattainable for the rest of Russians, the 3rd quota will be fought by those who have the best balance TES-PCS, apparently that place should be for Kostornaia when it is 100% again; However, today Zagitova, I repeat, today, is the 3rd in Russia, and is followed by Kostornaia with Tuktamysheva.