Maiia Khromykh | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Maiia Khromykh

Giltedge

Final Flight
Maia has received a second assignment. She will be at jgp Riga this weekend. Good luck to her and Usacheva.

Super! Thanks for circulating the news. I'm so glad for Maiia, after her disappointment in France and all the heavy breathing and doom-saying that followed. We know how well she was skating last season in her pre-junior period, accumulating quite a number of medals, including golds.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
So happy for baby Maya. Hope she can redeem herself big time and improve her results.

Azikin

Medalist
Super! Thanks for circulating the news. I'm so glad for Maiia, after her disappointment in France and all the heavy breathing and doom-saying that followed. We know how well she was skating last season in her pre-junior period, accumulating quite a number of medals, including golds.

Yes, suddenly my excitement about this event increased by 100%.. :cheer::party2:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Second place after SP !!!

And she looked much calmer and confident compared to Courchevel. From now on, Maya will only grow in her routines. Just follow the flow of her hands, the articulation of her fingers, the little touches, gestures, and be mesmerised :)

LOL, Dudakov and all the plushies pushed into his hands ;-)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Maia was SO beautiful. I somehow feel like she's a little bit shy, reserved, maybe she thinks she's too tall? I feel like teenagers can have these thoughts and be a little bit shy about it. She shouldn't worry about it, she's unique and elegant.
She still performed amazingly, her lines are incredible.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Maia was SO beautiful. I somehow feel like she's a little bit shy, reserved, maybe she thinks she's too tall? I feel like teenagers can have these thoughts and be a little bit shy about it. She shouldn't worry about it, she's unique and elegant.
She still performed amazingly, her lines are incredible.

She looks tall, perhaps is even tall for a 13 y.o. figure skater, but her lines are well proportioned, she doesn't have this all-knees-and-elbows effect about her. She probably needs the team seamstress to keep paying attention to her dresses, making sure their cut, patterns etc. don't 'elongate' her.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
So happy to see Maiia skating clean and smiling after her performance! A sensible, elegant performance, deep edges, nice flow and lines , I am still astonished by her amazing development under Eteri's wing.

Good luck tomorrow, fingers crossed for a clean FS! :pray:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Maiia had one fall in her FS at Denis Ten Memorial but managed to preserve her second place with total score 191.85. Didn't find a video yet.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Maia had one fall in her FS at Denis Ten Memorial but managed to preserve her second place with total score 191.85. Didn't find a video yet.

I watched the stream :) they’ll upload it later I guess.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Video of Maiia's FS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnw3IutwyY

She fell on very first jump and had step-out on the last combo, but still her performance was very worth watching. Her total score is good. She has some greatness and lightness in all her moves. I so much want to see her happy in K&C :console:

Azikin

Medalist
Video of Maiia's FS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnw3IutwyY

She fell on very first jump and had step-out on the last combo, but still her performance was very worth watching. Her total score is good. She has some greatness and lightness in all her moves. I so much want to see her happy in K&C :console:

Hmm.. what is happening to her, last season she was very consistent but also had some back problems at the end of the season.. but now Usacheva is better than Maya, even though she remains one of my favourites.. hopefully she will get better as the season continues..

Giltedge

Final Flight
RC III Sochi: Good luck and great skating from the elegant Maiia! The podium beckons...

:hap85:

Giltedge

Final Flight
Maiia did very nicely in her SP skate, except where she went off-axis and fell on her jump combo.
She is lying third (57+), behind Kamila Sultanmagomedova on 63 and Darya on 73. She is unlikely to hold that position, with quitr a number of skaters left.

Edit to bring this up to date: Maiia finished in 9th position, with positions 3-10 all closely bunched. So let's see what happens in tomorrow's Freeskate.