2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Both Canadian pairs skate 1-2 tomorrow morning at Finlandia, while Gabrielle bookends the day’s events.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Roman is in 3rd place after the SP at the Finlandia Trophy, and he beat his PB score in this segment by 8.2 points, breaking the 80-point barrier (86.34) at an international competition for the first time in his career! :yahoo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vMJqKqTGM

There was no under-rotation on the 4S-3T, he managed to land his nemesis the 3A, but then he was leaning too far forward on the 3Lz. That's too bad, because he could've scored closer to 90 if his performance was flawless.

Men SP protocols: http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1920/CSFIN2019/CSFIN2019_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Gabby is currently on 15th place after the SP, doubled her 3-3 and an edge call and two foot landing I think on her flip. However, for someone who has only been back on the ice for two weeks, she looks good, and I think she'll only improve with training and getting more confident in her jumps.
What I found hopeful was that she didn't seem devastated at the end of her programme - accepting of what happened and understanding that it was a solid outing for someone who has been injured like her. Onwards and upwards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVriYeUXhhw

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gabby is currently on 15th place after the SP, doubled her 3-3 and an edge call and two foot landing I think on her flip. However, for someone who has only been back on the ice for two weeks, she looks good, and I think she'll only improve with training and getting more confident in her jumps.
What I found hopeful was that she didn't seem devastated at the end of her programme - accepting of what happened and understanding that it was a solid outing for someone who has been injured like her. Onwards and upwards!

The actual call on her skate was
2a, 2t+2t*, 3f!<<
and she scored 45.82

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

This is "good" to hear in a way. I thought she had been skating since September or August. If it is two weeks this is not bad. I thought we had another Gracie Gold with Gabby but this is different. I am not sure though she should have competed here but maybe it is j ust to test her nerves as well.

Scout

Final Flight
Roman is in 3rd place after the SP at the Finlandia Trophy, and he beat his PB score in this segment by 8.2 points, breaking the 80-point barrier (86.34) at an international competition for the first time in his career! :yahoo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vMJqKqTGM

There was no under-rotation on the 4S-3T, he managed to land his nemesis the 3A, but then he was leaning too far forward on the 3Lz. That's too bad, because he could've scored closer to 90 if his performance was flawless.

Men SP protocols: http://www.figureskatingresults.fi/results/1920/CSFIN2019/CSFIN2019_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

That 3A was a beauty! Shame about the lutz. The 4S-3T looked great to me, but then in slo-mo it seemed UR (although I don't know the exact rules for calling the UR...I thought the rules were relaxed a bit this year -maybe anything under 90 degrees is ok?). Roman seemed quite happy with that; hopefully he'll put out a long that he can be just as happy about and stay on the podium. I'd love to see him break out this year.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is "good" to hear in a way. I thought she had been skating since September or August. If it is two weeks this is not bad. I thought we had another Gracie Gold with Gabby but this is different. I am not sure though she should have competed here but maybe it is j ust to test her nerves as well.

I think she really needed to do a competition before SC, which starts in less than 2 weeks.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Loved Gabby’s catsuit! Good step forward imo. Such a dynamic skater

I like catsuits in general but this one is not flattering on Gabby. It does not seem to fit, it's been rolling and wrinkling a bit, plus the open back is not such good idea.... maybe add few straps and sparklies? I think if it had some support in the back it would be tons better.

Hope she can come back if not in her FS then on next outtings. It's not easy to come back from injuries and mental strugglers.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is not a gracie gold thread. Is it possible to avoid bringing other skaters from other countries, especially when it is so unnecessary ? If i want to read about GG, i will go to the appropriate thread. Thank you

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just like at the Inge Solar Memorial last year, Roman somehow hangs on to a medal despite a poor free skate :slink: --- he won the bronze at Finlandia, his 3rd senior international medal. Lady Luck must really like him at Challenger Series events! :p
Given his recent health difficulties, I won't be overly concerned about the free skate execution here. However, I will say: him attempting two triple Axels would be difficult to begin with, but doing the second one in the second half is just not setting himself up for success. Obviously he wants to get to a place where he can do two triple Axels in a program, but right now I think a little less ambition would serve him better. He'd have the silver here if he had cleanly executed any other triple jump there instead.

Marjorie & Zach RD
Evelyn & Trennt FS
Lubov & Charlie FS
Roman FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
At this point, layouts do not matter much. shoma even had a 2a3t in there. I think Roman likes his 4s and that jump will be duplicated in the lp for sure. I know people dont like his 3a but i do. It is big and high. I think he can nail that jump in a near future. I am more concerned about his lutz and flip, however he probably does not need the flip at all in the lp

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am so happy for RS. He stayed cool. If he continues to progress he will be there with Nam and Keegan. I wonder how Keegan is doing as he mourns the loss of his little brother? Roman has a good shot at National p odium with Gogolov in deep trouble with puberty. If you seen some of his online posts he is very entertaining.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Can we stop bringing up the most inappropriate things please? Bringing up Keegans brothers death again is NOT cool. Leave skaters personal lives out of this.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Roman has a good shot at National p odium with Gogo boy in deep trouble with puberty.
Gogolev is most likely going to the Youth Olympics, not nationals, but even if he wasn't, we've seen him skate four programs so far; his Lake Placid free skate so far is an anomaly. At Croatia he landed his quad and two triple Axels cleanly in the free skate. With a few more months of training, barring another big spurt, I'd expect him to be closer to his form from last year.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Referring to a 14-year-old as 'Gogo boy' sounds a little bit inappropriate... :slink: I'm not sure if you were fully aware of the meaning of that term.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
As we head into the senior Grand Prix this is the way I see Canada.

Pairs

1. MTM Kirsten and Michael take the lead.
2. Lubov and Charlie are a bit of a surprise to look pretty good
3. wide open

Men

1. Keegan and Nam - tie - good friends not surprising they are tied lol
3. Roman but really there are so many in the hunt

Dance

1. Gilles and Porier
2. Danadians
3. L and L?
Honorable mention S and F - sadly they have struggled the last season and this year so far after so much hope

Ladies

1. Gabby Daleman
2. Aurora Cotop
3. roll the dice