Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Please do not respond to challenges. They don't believe what I write either. These people hate Evgheni and all his success and that of his family drive some people crazy. Let them talk to themselves.

No matter. ;)

eliana

On the Ice
While I'm enjoying all of the spilled tea between Team Eteri and Team Plushy, what it comes down for me is:

a) I really do love Alyona's skating - her carriage and her musicality are wonderful to watch
b) I hope she is able to thrive in a new coaching environment and skates programs that are up to her artistic potential as well as keeping her technical content as she matures.
c) I hope to see her skate in some form competitively this season

Thanks! I hope so....

dhjh811

On the Ice
Are you suggesting that Aliona is a two-faced liar? :frown:

"two-faced liar" :laugh::rolleye: No, if she actually didn't like the programs, just having decency to tell white lies to a public audience. Lmao you are stretching a bit much

Or she could have just changed her mind, yes.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Two years ago Aliona even said Daniil has a god's gift to prepare so many good programs. So we have the long-term decency in one hand, the wishful thinking of those for who Daniil's work will be always trash int he other one.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Imagine giving an interview saying bad things about your programs knowing your coaches will read it. Of course she would say she liked it while still being with Eteri, she’s not dumb.
Then I'm afraid it will be impossible to believe anything Aliona says publicly from now on, or at least, not to take it with a grain of salt. :confused2:

And this version makes the circumstances in which she left look even worse from her side.

"two-faced liar" :laugh::rolleye: No, if she actually didn't like the programs, just having decency to tell white lies to a public audience. Lmao you are stretching a bit much
Funny how you think decency=lying in public :rolleye:

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Exactly. Doesn't matter. There are some haters who say nonsense to calm their anger and frustration when they see the success that Evgheni enjoys at all levels.

Tell us more about Evgeni success as a “coach “ .. I'm worried about how a coach with no experience got his hands on two national team superstars?
Who accepted it and why? Who's to blame if something goes wrong?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Exactly. Doesn't matter. There are some haters who say nonsense to calm their anger and frustration when they see the success that Evgheni enjoys at all levels.

So far I don't see any success apart from "I can overpay everyone". Whether this will anyhow transform into the success on the ice it's the question for the future, but so far Evgeni is not a succesful coach.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Are you Aliona Kostornaya? Otherwise, I don't know how you can be 100% sure about this.
He restored her triple axel. Then he joined Plushenko Academy and after that she gave interview in which she said that she has problems with her triple axel again. So...

McBibus

On the Ice
Then I'm afraid it will be impossible to believe anything Aliona says publicly from now on, or at least, not to take it with a grain of salt. :confused2:

And this version makes the circumstances in which she left look even worst from her side.

you don't spit in the plate you're eating. It's both common sense and decency.
You don't spit in plate you have eaten too and there Eteri is sorely lacking.
It goes for Aliona, for Zenya and for Julia: what Eteri gave to them (in term or results) is also what they gave back to Eteri.
It's a partnership.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

Or she could have just changed her mind, yes.

I think I recall Aliona saying she didn’t like her Stella‘s theme program as much, and something similar about her Angel program as well. I think Aliona was always pretty open in her opinions about her programs, so I would doubt she decided to tell a lie this time.
Her love for Vampire program was also quite evident, she even named some vampire TV show as one of her favorites to watch recently.
So, if anything, I think she’s always been quite blunt and spoke her mind in interviews.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
you don't spit in the plate you're eating. It's both common sense and decency.
You don't spit in plate you have eaten too and there Eteri is sorely lacking.
It goes for Aliona, for Zenya and for Julia: what Eteri gave to them (in term or results) is also what they gave back to Eteri.
It's a partnership.

Or maybe... you know, she was actually being honest at the time she gave the interviews?

And yes, Julia, Zhenya, now Trusova and Kosto wouldn't be who they are (in the fs world) without their partnership with Team Tutberidze and viceversa.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I’d say, I just always question whatever Plushenko says, ever since her said that he lost Olympics because of some dark magic bs :D

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Tell us more about Evgeni success as a “coach “ .. I'm worried about how a coach with no experience got his hands on two national team superstars?
Who accepted it and why? Who's to blame if something goes wrong?

hm..you are right ..

-no one shows more succes in his 3 years of coaching work
-yes, no one received such opportunity as him
-we are talking about a succesful skater who learned from Mishin and he was trained for cca 27 years
-he has Rozanov who teached both of stars who were mentioned by you
-he didn't afraid of anything in his career
-he was a hardworker himself
-we have some informations about his work Sofya Titova who became novice champion in this season...
-he is a talented person

Don't worry

Funny how you think decency=lying in public :rolleye:

I think you are making too much of this. Obviously no polite young person is going to say to an interviewer, "My choreographer sucks." Danill choreographed many good programs for many talented skaters. It would be quite bizarre for any of the students at the Sambo club to publicly criticize the choreographer or the coaching team.

As far as has been reported -- isn't this right? -- even now Aliona has not said anything bad about Eteri or any of the other coaches.

She wanted to move on. She moved on.

Will the move work out to her advantage or disadvantage? Well, either way, it is not a question that WE need to yell and scream about, or self-righteously to pass moral judgement over.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I’d say, I just always question whatever Plushenko says, ever since her said that he lost Olympics because of some dark magic bs :D

No. That was Mishin's opinion. He had debate with Tarasova they were in very bad relationship for years because of that. Evgeny was just a 19. y.o. guy he talked about his feelings for Mishin. That was an interesting story. Zhenya( Plush) was ill after the competition he lost 5 kg and the doctors didn't find any reason. In his biography he talked about it and he said he doesn't believe it.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I think I recall Aliona saying she didn’t like her Stella‘s theme program as much, and something similar about her Angel program as well. I think Aliona was always pretty open in her opinions about her programs, so I would doubt she decided to tell a lie this time.
Her love for Vampire program was also quite evident, she even named some vampire TV show as one of her favorites to watch recently.
So, if anything, I think she’s always been quite blunt and spoke her mind in interviews.

Yes, about Aliona, it was always clear that being direct and open about her feelings was part of her personality. She said it herself in that same OC interview.
OC: What are your strengths as a person?
Kostornia: Sincerity and devotion… if I've made friends with a person and got attached to them, then it's very hard to break it off. I'm (fully) alive. If I don't like something, I prefer to say it, or at least insinuate that something is not right.

And...
OC: In figure skating you are known for being such an artist on the ice, often earning high program component marks. Where does that come from?

Kostornaia: I'm a very emotional person actually. I find it hard to hide my emotions. If I'm sad, I start crying. If I have fun, I laugh. You can hear me laughing from the end of the corridor. (For me), there is sadness, anger, joy or the feeling of being offended. And it all spills out one hundred percent. I don't have semitones, it's either good or bad.

This artistry is the same on ice. I not (only) give my maximum but I show my emotions... After the competition I just sit there and don't know what to do. I'm sitting and I don't have anything inside. Because I spilled all this on the ice.
Maybe something happened recently at the rink which made Aliona suddenly make an impulsive decision to just leave.

eliana

On the Ice
So far I don't see any success apart from "I can overpay everyone". Whether this will anyhow transform into the success on the ice it's the question for the future, but so far Evgeni is not a succesful coach.

Very well! It will pay everyone ... Coaches, choreographers ... the best! He'll do his job ... I'm sure! He does not lose the chance he has in his hand

EdRoz

Record Breaker
hm..you are right ..

-no one shows more succes in his 3 years of coaching work
-yes, no one received such opportunity as him
-we are talking about a succesful skater who learn from Mishin and he was trained for cca 27 years
-he has Rozanov who teached both of stars who were mentioned by you
-he didn't afraid of anything in his career
-he was a hardworker himself
-we have some informations about his work Sofya Titova who became novice champion in this season...
-he is a talented person

Don't worry

When you talk about Rosanov don't forget that he's not an “misunderstood genius “, he was number 3 on the team
and worked according to the plan and instructions from Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.