2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 173 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

karina17

Final Flight
I was thinking that too... so far they have only shown quad lutzes, maybe she hasn't restored the 4T yet? Or maybe she is still repeating the 4T and using the euler combination. Also, I'm pretty sure that the music playing is from the Montagues and Capulets, which is the third song.

So a back half 4Lz-3T...which implies two quad lutzes in the back half?

Damn.

sparklestan

On the Ice
Plushenko promised a new Sasha, and Romeo and Juliet is certainly a new style for Sasha. It will be interesting, for some reason my gut instinct says this could be good, I guess we’ll see.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
So a back half 4Lz-3T...which implies two quad lutzes in the back half?

Damn.

4 lutz will be repeated for sure. But this quad lutz 3toe is probably at the second half of the program (according to the music cuts he posted).

So, let’s try to predict:
2 quad lutzes,
1 quad flip
1 quad toe
1 quad salchow?
1 triple axel?

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I was thinking that too... so far they have only shown quad lutzes, maybe she hasn't restored the 4T yet? Or maybe she is still repeating the 4T and using the euler combination. Also, I'm pretty sure that the music playing is from the Montagues and Capulets, which is the third song.
As far as i know they said she restored every jump she has meaning every quad plus if i remember correctly they said she learned 4loop?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

ruga

Final Flight
On one side, R&J is overused music piece and doesn't really suit Sasha's style, however, it's nice that Plushenko tries to expand her artistic spectrum - doing similar style over and over again would get boring after a few seasons.

macy

Record Breaker
Akatyeva, Zhilina V., Berestovskaya, Gorbacheva, Dmitrieva, Zakharova, Kulikova, Vazhnova
Rubtsova, Titova, Melkumova
Dzepka, Shifrina, Zhilina A.
Marasanova
Kostyleva

thank you, these will be the debut junior years correct?

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I'm curious who chose the music. Alexandra doesnt strike me as someone who likes classical warhorse. To me this feels like they are thinking that giving her a classical warhorse renowned for artistry coupled with the coach change to a supposedly more artistic coach will give the judges an excuse to inflate her pcs under the illusion that her artistry has improved enormously in under 5 months. I'm sure if she skates close enough to clean, they'll gladly hand her over 90pcs. Otherwise I seriously cannot understand how they managed to come to the idea of Alexandra and Juliet being perfect match.

:biggrin: I want to see it too. This will surely be the record of all time.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Oh wow, I missed that, even when I went back and looked for it :laugh:

Anyways, thats very promising. TSL will have to give up their dream that Trusova grew and can't do her quads (they keep bringing up the fact that the quad lutz they posted less than a WEEK after she got on the ice after months was under-rotated...)

Yeah, so annoying, right? I wonder how’s Dave’s face when he sees the video of the 4 lutz 3 toe.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I'm just now remembering that video where Trusova did a cantileve + 4toe while Alyona's Romeo and Juliet music played in the background and people joked about it... now we might see that again (although I hope they only put a cantilever if it makes sense with the music).

Scott512

Record Breaker
On one side, R&J is overused music piece and doesn't really suit Sasha's style, however, it's nice that Plushenko tries to expand her artistic spectrum - doing similar style over and over again would get boring after a few seasons.

This is certainly music that doesn't suit Sasha Supergirl. It leaves us scratching our heads.
But the amazing thing about Sasha is how much she has grown in the last year. If she can keep all these quads being inches taller and many pounds heavier than when she started doing quads it will be a phenomenal achievement.

klena

On the Ice
I'm just now remembering that video where Trusova did a cantileve + 4toe while Alyona's Romeo and Juliet music played in the background and people joked about it... now we might see that again (although I hope they only put a cantilever if it makes sense with the music).

I really can't imagine Juliet doing a cantilever:)

P44

On the Ice
What's the music she's skating to ? It seems like Oh verona but this music is not among those listed by Plushenko.

But I think this program can be very good. I'm a little fed up with Kissing you and I'm afraid Sasha's going to be compared to Alena. But Gentle night is a beautiful piece of music (my favorite from the movie actually) and I don't feel like it's a very used music.

Status
Not open for further replies.