Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The Junior Test Skates in singles were won by Samodelkina and Kovalev. (The same stupid thing again in the article, Kovalev in not Plushenko's student, his coach is Volkov. Not everyone at AoP trains under Plushenko, and not everyone at CSKA trains under Buianova. Samodelina is Davydov's student.)

https://m.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/news/stali-izvestny-rezultaty-yuniorskih-prokatov-u-muzhchin-pobedil-podopechnyy-plyuschenko-1703090/

True. But in the article the jounalist pointed it. Kovalyev is working with Volkov. Otherwise Artem was with Plush and Rozanov for 6 weeks in Kislovodsk.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
True. But in the article the jounalist pointed it. Kovalyev is working with Volkov. Otherwise Artem was with Plush and Rozanov for 6 weeks in Kislovodsk.
I am talking about the title which gives the wrong impression. And this isn't the first such gaffe, Samodelkina's already been referred to as Buianova's student.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
With all credit to reddit, what do you think of these two videos?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tnRerjRtDO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1SvenspQc

I like Gubanova's program more, despite it's less contents, mostly for two reasons:

1) Every move is choreographed with the music which is not the case in the other program (e.g the ina bauer).

2) The performance is a bit more mature and expressive, which also does fit more with the lyrics of the song.

There is only one moment in both programs which the choreo is almost the same and it's when Beth Hart says "I, I loved and lost", almost the same arms choreography.

I know they try to give mature pieces to these young girls to make them look more mature but for me i always question how relatable could be a 14 years old skating to a song about being hurt by love, or je suis malade given to a 13 years old.

At the very least they are trying with different genres, that's at least something good for the skater to build some range.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
The Junior Test Skates in singles were won by Samodelkina and Kovalev. (The same stupid thing again in the article, Kovalev in not Plushenko's student, his coach is Volkov. Not everyone at AoP trains under Plushenko, and not everyone at CSKA trains under Buianova. Samodelina is Davydov's student.)

https://m.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/news/stali-izvestny-rezultaty-yuniorskih-prokatov-u-muzhchin-pobedil-podopechnyy-plyuschenko-1703090/

While Samodelkina is a 'winner' of the test skates and that both in short and free (Kromykh was second after the short, but Osokina overtook her after the free), Usacheva, Kromykh and Osokina all had better components than Samodelkina, even she repeated her programs from the last season (and season before?). Davydov should work more on her components, because clean Kromykh and Usacheva can be on par with that skating without any of 'harder' elements. Or at least, they should put two triple axels in the free and work not to get 'q' sign and lower GOE.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
While Samodelkina is a 'winner' of the test skates and that both in short and free (Kromykh was second after the short, but Osokina overtook her after the free), Usacheva, Kromykh and Osokina all had better components than Samodelkina, even she repeated her programs from the last season (and season before?). Davydov should work more on her components, because clean Kromykh and Usacheva can be on par with that skating without any of 'harder' elements. Or at least, they should put two triple axels in the free and work to not get 'q' sign and lower GOE.
They definitely will put 2 axels in the free and she also is training a quad but it's not competition-ready yet.

hanca

Record Breaker
Why is he not in the national junior team? That's already better jump content than the guys who were at Novogorsk :unsure:
Skaters get to the national team based on their results in the previous season. The top six from the nationals usually get into the main team, and based on some other criteria (e.g. the results from some other competitions such as the Russian cup final), skaters get into the reserve team. If Golubev didn’t do well the last season, the federation may not know about him (they may know he exist, but they wouldn’t know what he is landing now). If he does well this season, he will get to the national team.