AMAZING moves people should know about | Golden Skate

AMAZING moves people should know about

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'll just leave this and this here. The amazingly (crazy) one and only, Ryan Bradley. :rock:

ETA: Left click over the links and choose "open in private tab" to view if you don't have an instagram account, otherwise you'll get a prompt to login.

1111bm

Final Flight
It's a swipe/540.

540?
It's just a single Flip (360°) with a kick.

Obviously it's more tricky than your usual kick with a Flip/Lutz/Loop entry landed on a BI edge (and where you immediately push onto your other BO edge).
Personally I prefer the easier, regular version, because this one looks kinda awkward on the landing, even though it's definitely a cool variation.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'll just leave this and this here. The amazingly (crazy) one and only, Ryan Bradley. :rock:

ETA: Left click over the links and choose "open in private tab" to view if you don't have an instagram account, otherwise you'll get a prompt to login.

:eeking: Thanks for this link. It is the first time that I can recall where I have seen a man land a back flip on one leg like Surya Bonaly used to do. Interestingly, the first time I clicked on the link I got a different video than the following times I clicked it (I don't have an Instagram account). The first time was a jump followed by a one-foot landed back flip followed by another jump. When I clicked back a couple of times to watch it again I got a one-foot landed back flip followed by a two-foot landed back flip.

ETA: Color me dumb:whack:. I just looked again at the post and found two thises.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I can't seem to find the competition (it was a US artistic competition) where Richard Dornbush did like a butterfly twist, which is all kinds of crazy. Anyone know where it was?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I can't seem to find the competition (it was a US artistic competition) where Richard Dornbush did like a butterfly twist, which is all kinds of crazy. Anyone know where it was?

I think you are referring to Dornbush's move at 2015 Aerial Challenge?
(Although it does not bill itself as an artistic competition. ;))

Seen at approx. 0:33 (in combination with his backflip):

(Bittersweet note: The video was provided by the late Bonnie Gilles.)