2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Men's figure skating

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Watching the second half of Petr Gumennik's skate (overall very pretty and lots of potential!) is where you start thinking to yourself, "Sergey Voronov would have rocked this!" :laugh: Petr isn't quite seasoned enough to bring the voidy drama just yet but it was a nice attempt

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How good was Misha K?! It was such a thrill to see him skate so incredibly well. Mishin and him have created a dream team :biggrin:

I like Sasha S, but he should fire his costume guy, they always seem to be a miss.

I feel bad for not being as familiar with the other young men, but they were good! Fingers crossed for the FS it'd be great to see consistency with the Russian men.

Onward and upward, guys!

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I love the music Samarin has choosen, but the program looks for me too empty and still miss character. Russian folk music is very charismatic, showy and playful, i see nothing of it at the moment. I know that the last year he took advice from someone from the Igor Moiseyev Ballett, so perhaps the choreography will improve. But comparing to Plushenko Crazy bird program, sorry, this one is lacking on charisma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj69n05wrCA .

Petr grew a lot. Like really a lot. Where is the little skinny boy gone? His jumps are looking good when one thinks of how much he has to adjust.

Roman needs to get another suit. Asap. And a bit more of flair and emotions.

Andrei, ufff, he is solid and reliable but his program is still weird and doesnˋt suit him and donˋt show his strengths. He is such an old school skater in his posture and lines, his personality needs something else.

Mika... i was very sceptical about his music choice, but swing suits him. When i watch his lines and posture i see also the old style of skating, which i dearly miss. It is such a pleasure to watch him from an esthetic point of view, he makes every move to look as if it were simple and just mean to be there. The suit is very simple and understated but is showcase his lines perfectly. I like the program already a lot. A little bit of flair, a little bit of routine, and voila! the program is ready. I don‘t think his LP will be as ready today, it is not even a month that he meet Averbuch for the choreography, so i expect to be pretty empty and full with mistakes at this moment, but there is no denying, Mika is back and ready to fight.

At least the boys were more original in their choosen music, the girls put me too sleep....

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I hope Andrey will develop along the lyrical lines. He may have face for subtle humour, but I doubt he will do comedy and I can’t see big drama in him right now... but who knows. With time and opportunity...

Kolyada was brilliant though. That free, wow. Big win!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Seems my opinion matches with the general consensus :biggrin: Kolyada and Mozalev were my faves today (close to clean jumps, good spins, best skating skills and lines out of the men who managed to come to test skates).

Very glad Kolyada finally has a lyrical programme to show off his beautiful lines! I think he needs a bit more time to grow into the programme and refine some positions and timing, but the potential is there. Ordinarily I'm not so nitpicky but given Misha's capabilities and, well, ballet... :devil: Hoping that they can get Averbukh in for touchups if needed, and Prokofieva keeps her hands off :pray: And of course, very happy about the jumps - hopefully he can add one more quad in while keeping it clean.

Other than being very technically consistent, I felt that Mozalev was actually one of the most artistic skaters out there today :luv17: Programme is a bit conceptual, true, but you can see his commitment to the choreo (similarly to the other Marmite skaters who I like: Gilles and Poirier). A step up from last year's (interestingly named) Step Up in terms of thematic cohesion :thumbsup:

Had my doubts when I heard Gumennik was doing POTO again, but pleasantly surprised that the music cuts were different. Just realised his hands are quite large - great for basketball I guess, if he ever wants to pick that up too. Anyhow, very handy (sorry:hopelessness:) for the uber-dramatic style that he seems to have developed.

Honourable mention to Samarin for his LP, which I actually found pretty nice. Is it just me who found the front of his shirt weirdly reminiscent of Lipnitskaia's Schindler's List dress?

Hope Ignatov rests his poor tailbone :( And kudos to Savosin for finally landing some quads in the LP, but those LFO3 entries look very weird (stiff-kneed) so I hope somebody fixes that for him.

When Aliev and Danielian return to the fray, I sense Olympic heartbreak (or not - many of the guys could stick around for another cycle if they want to/their bodies permit).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
How many competitors is Russia allocated to send to the next Olympics, one or two?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Andrey was def my fave if a combo of 2 programms is concerned.
The choreo was super interesting! & Cant wait to see the costumes:love:
He really is a great blend of tech & style! Congrats Davydenko! Always happy for young coaches!

Misha - no words obv. Great comeback. SP was actually my fav but the main takeaway that he is finally having fun & enjoys skating! Thanks my dear Professor & ofc Misha's wife:biggrin:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Andrey was def my fave if a combo of 2 programms is concerned.
The choreo was super interesting! & Cant wait to see the costumes:love:
He really is a great blend of tech & style! Congrats Davydenko! Always happy for young coaches!

Misha - no words obv. Great comeback. SP was actually my fav but the main takeaway that he is finally having fun & enjoys skating! Thanks my dear Professor & ofc Misha's wife:biggrin:

Hooray, the Mozalove is spreading (sorry, couldn't resist) :biggrin:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Men's test skates were definitely one of the positive surprises this year, instead of usual splatfest we got some pretty interesting skates from very promising skaters. Even Ignatov, who probably made the most errors and had a hard fall, didn't give up.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Men's test skates were definitely one of the positive surprises this year, instead of usual splatfest we got some pretty interesting skates from very promising skaters. Even Ignatov, who probably made the most errors and had a hard fall, didn't give up.

Kolyada made me happy. I almost thought he’s going to keep wasting his talent, but there he is, new and reborn.
Hoping the progress won’t stop here, I trust Mishin with Kolyada.