2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 290 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
You obviously don't have a clue what UR is.
Please enlighten me then. I'll admit I'm not actually a skater or anything, but um, that UR was very obvious and I think anyone with eyes can tell that at the very least, it ought to be a q.

trkvy

Match Penalty
Please enlighten me then. I'll admit I'm not actually a skater or anything, but um, that UR was very obvious and I think anyone with eyes can tell that at the very least, it ought to be a q.
Less than 90 degrees of rotation were missed so no UR mark is needed. Listen what Yagudin is saying during the slow replay - 'dokruchen' ('rotated')

renebaebae

On the Ice
Last year at Nationals Trusova got 69 PCS for her FS and Tuktamysheva got 68. Their skates were far more disastrous than Maiia's.

I think all 3 medalists here got the advantage of being ready to compete early because the stages going forward are going to be really stacked
yh they can overscore Maiia all they want that's not my issue seeing what they already did with Anna but why don't they extend that overscoring to others? If they had properly scored Talalaykina she would've been on the podium as she should've.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, I loved Tallalaikina’s program too! It was so much fun to watch!

Tsherbakova looked lovely in the free, with that dress being very pretty.

I am still very much into the old soul, Frolova 🥰

my ideal podium would have been Tsherbakova, Frolova and Tallaikina... aww.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
It seems that Fran is angry about Anna as well. From her twitter:

What's wrong is her scoring 246 points with an underrotated combo in the SP, ur quad in the FS, almost fall in the stsq, stepout from 2A and botched 3S combo. Not her fault but dont expect me to be her cheering for this corruption lol

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It seems that Fran is angry about Anna as well. From her twitter:

What's wrong is her scoring 246 points with an underrotated combo in the SP, ur quad in the FS, almost fall in the stsq, stepout from 2A and botched 3S combo. Not her fault but dont expect me to be her cheering for this corruption lol
Is that the person always crying about Eteri skaters being overscored? Probably could educate herself on Russian national competition scoring,

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I am angry about Anna's situation simply because it is not fair. She is way too overscored. With this kind of overscoring she can beat Alyona who is million times better skater than Anna.

You don't know the other half, watch out when they'll start to pretend Medvedeva is also better than Kostornaya as soon as she can land a couple of 3-3. They want EG to have at the very least 2 skaters at the Olympics, possibly 3. Valieva and Shcherbakova are basically already in, the problem for them is Trusova had a good outing at the Test Skates.

But what i personally can't stand, is they have to make stuff up anyway: Shcherbakova would have won anyway here, why did you have to make it dirty that way not calling the underrotations, or not penalizing the mistakes? Who's benefiting from this?

Why do you have to pretend Khromykh was 12-13 points better than Talalaykina despite a frankly terrible free skate and even a messy short (the step-out on the axel, the completely botched entry in the flying camel,...)? EG already have top skaters, it's okay to have one skater out of the podium once, was this another one of those moves to push SPB skaters out of any podium?

It's almost like only Eteri skaters are russians, and the others are a threat rather than athletes competing under the same flag that should all have the same chances. But then if that's it what's the point of competing, we already know who's getting the medals regardless of what happens on the ice.

And this was not one particular caller's opinion cause that was Alexander Lakernik, so this is very much pushed by the federation.

Moment of the event though was Daniil Gleichengauz's reactions, he has now developed that Anna Tsareva's distant disgusted look.

Last edited:

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
i haven't looked at the protocols but final thoughts: Anya deserved to win but she was scored too high. I mean, it's domestic and she was going to win anyways so I don't know if there was a lot of harm there but it is still less than ideal, given the mistakes. On the other hand, I really like this new music choice, and I think she looks very happy skating to it. She said she did not feel the image of the free skate and was planning on changing some music in an interview-- I guess after losing Kostornaia for a similar complaint they listened and adjusted and I think this is a far better fit than the test skates music. As we can see with the far less cluttered choreography this year, if TT has a weakness it isn't reacting to *public* criticism. They are very responsive to the audience and the media complains about them. I don't agree Anna is not powerful enough for the music either, unlike another poster. Her performance was really good, and I liked that she had a genuine smile in the second half, not the Zhenya miming. Her skating skills seem to have regressed a little, but I don't know if that's just because of the short summer where you need to really get comfortable to be deep in your edges again. Same thing with that first camel spin, which I know she can do faster. Overall, very good, and I also like that they swapped the 4Lz for the 4F. Smart, and that gave her confidence the rest of the performance. However, from what I saw on the screen for judging, the PCS was much too high. Especially because we didn't see that boost for other skaters. Hopefully they just wanted to give the Russian Champion some confidence in her first contest and not that this scoring will continue when there is a less clear cut winner.

I noticed that Anya's SP dress has lighter sleeves than body and it's about losing someone. Then her FS has darker sleeves than body and it's far more triumphant. Maybe I"m reading too much into this but it seems as though there is a total story here and it is of regaining the light in yourself after the darkness and grief that is loss. In the SP, the light is not near the heart space, but around her, and then vice versa in the FS.

Khromykh really needs to sort out her nerves. You can see even in the beginning she is already off from the music. Her 4S looks great in a practice video, then her jumps are completely off at competitions. She really needs to be worked with in developing some mental fortitude or she won't be able to remain competitive. The SP is definitely her strong point this season, not just in jumping but in overall execution.

Frolova. I mean. Good. Classic. But tbh she bores me. I can't say anything about her performance one way or the other. She did what she needed to do.

The real tragedy of the ladies event, I think, is Talalaykina not making the podium. I'd never seen her before and I was honestly impressed. Maia should thank the federation for the PCS difference.

Scoring is of course awful, so we will see who the Fed favors as the season progresses.

Also my two cents on Kamila: I do not think she has a toe-axel but I think that she was very nearly there in the test skates. I think the reason she got so off axis in that jump compared to her others is specifically because of that. Perhaps she couldn't center her jump because the toe-pick "slipped" or there was some timing issue. Idk. Haven't looked into it but if Kamila has a technique problem that certainly isn't it.

Fran is like TSL. Here for the drama, always complaining about something. Entertaining to listen to if you think the Real Housewives is entertaining. Otherwise, just loud.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
You don't know the other half, watch out when they'll start to pretend Medvedeva is also better than Kostornaya as soon as she can land a couple of 3-3. They want EG to have at the very least 2 skaters at the Olympics, possibly 3. Valieva and Shcherbakova are basically already in, the problem for them is Trusova had a good outing at the Test Skates.

But what i personally can't stand, is they have to make stuff up anyway: Shcherbakova would have won anyway here, why did you have to make it dirty that way not calling the underrotations, or not penalizing the mistakes? Who's benefiting from this?

Why do you have to pretend Khromykh was 12-13 points better than Talalaykina despite a frankly terrible free skate and even a messy short (the step-out on the axel, the completely botched entry in the flying camel,...)? EG already have top skaters, it's okay to have one skater out of the podium once, was this another one of those moves to push SPB skaters out of any podium?

It's almost like only Eteri skaters are russians, and the others are a threat rather than athletes competing under the same flag that should all have the same chances. But then if that's it what's the point of competing, we already know who's getting the medals regardless of what happens on the ice.

And this was not one particular caller's opinion cause that was Alexander Lakernik, so this is very much pushed by the federation.

Moment of the event though was Daniil Gleichengauz's reactions, he has now developed that Anna Tsareva's distant disgusted look.
Hope that you are wrong about your predictions. Alyona is the best.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
i haven't looked at the protocols but final thoughts: Anya deserved to win but she was scored too high. I mean, it's domestic and she was going to win anyways so I don't know if there was a lot of harm there but it is still less than ideal, given the mistakes. On the other hand, I really like this new music choice, and I think she looks very happy skating to it. She said she did not feel the image of the free skate and was planning on changing some music in an interview-- I guess after losing Kostornaia for a similar complaint they listened and adjusted and I think this is a far better fit than the test skates music. As we can see with the far less cluttered choreography this year, if TT has a weakness it isn't reacting to *public* criticism. They are very responsive to the audience and the media complains about them. I don't agree Anna is not powerful enough for the music either, unlike another poster. Her performance was really good, and I liked that she had a genuine smile in the second half, not the Zhenya miming. Her skating skills seem to have regressed a little, but I don't know if that's just because of the short summer where you need to really get comfortable to be deep in your edges again. Same thing with that first camel spin, which I know she can do faster. Overall, very good, and I also like that they swapped the 4Lz for the 4F. Smart, and that gave her confidence the rest of the performance. However, from what I saw on the screen for judging, the PCS was much too high. Especially because we didn't see that boost for other skaters. Hopefully they just wanted to give the Russian Champion some confidence in her first contest and not that this scoring will continue when there is a less clear cut winner.

I noticed that Anya's SP dress has lighter sleeves than body and it's about losing someone. Then her FS has darker sleeves than body and it's far more triumphant. Maybe I"m reading too much into this but it seems as though there is a total story here and it is of regaining the light in yourself after the darkness and grief that is loss. In the SP, the light is not near the heart space, but around her, and then vice versa in the FS.

Khromykh really needs to sort out her nerves. You can see even in the beginning she is already off from the music. Her 4S looks great in a practice video, then her jumps are completely off at competitions. She really needs to be worked with in developing some mental fortitude or she won't be able to remain competitive. The SP is definitely her strong point this season, not just in jumping but in overall execution.

Frolova. I mean. Good. Classic. But tbh she bores me. I can't say anything about her performance one way or the other. She did what she needed to do.

The real tragedy of the ladies event, I think, is Talalaykina not making the podium. I'd never seen her before and I was honestly impressed. Maia should thank the federation for the PCS difference.

Scoring is of course awful, so we will see who the Fed favors as the season progresses.

Also my two cents on Kamila: I do not think she has a toe-axel but I think that she was very nearly there in the test skates. I think the reason she got so off axis in that jump compared to her others is specifically because of that. Perhaps she couldn't center her jump because the toe-pick "slipped" or there was some timing issue. Idk. Haven't looked into it but if Kamila has a technique problem that certainly isn't it.

Fran is like TSL. Here for the drama, always complaining about something. Entertaining to listen to if you think the Real Housewives is entertaining. Otherwise, just loud.
Agree about everything except for Fran. I like her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.