2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 292 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
That's what I like about Anna. Her emoting abilities are amazing.
I thoroughly enjoyed Anna's skate. Yes there were a few rough moments (hopefully her jumps will get bigger as the season progresses since it is very early days) but she was a joy to watch and I disagree with anyone who says the music overpowered her.

When the music started to build up, so did Anna. Everyone's mileage varies obviously but for me Anna manages to emote without being overwrought or making weird come hither eyes (that really makes me cringe).

Loved the spiral!!!! Petition to let Anna hold more spirals!!!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I love the changes to Anna Shcherbakova’s free skate! Secrets by the Piano Guys is one of my favorite songs so I’m glad I’ll get to hear it a lot this season ahaha. She looked so sincerely happy to be performing that it made me happy to watch her, her smile was so genuine and contagious!! I was surprised by the quad flip, but good for her for getting it done rather nicely!
The One Republic version of secrets is better. I would have liked to see her skate on that. But i guess lyrics don't fit after the first two songs.

Last edited:

brakes

On the Ice
Oh, so we're gonna see the latest TeamTutberidze dancing queen, Daria Sadkova debuting in Russian Cup today!

Let's hope she skates as well as she dances! 🙏😊

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Does anyone know what happened to Osokina? why did she withdraw?
Okay, nvm.
Osokina is now scheduled for Stage 2, Adelia Petrosyan is there as well!
Also, no Sasha among seniors? I thought she was supposed to be at Stage 2? hopefully just a mistake from the website.
Some wholesome Dudakov content

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Can you actually teach a girl these moves or you gotta be born with 'it'? :unsure::love:

[MEDIA = instagram] CFTii98CEgD [/ MEDIA]

That is not unusual or unique for the pupils. They must do some dance moves.. :D

Otherwise the girl is Elena Ilinykh Og champion and bronze medalist ice dancer. Very good and passionated dancer! She is the girlfriend of the best and most famous ballet star in these days Sergei Polunin.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
The One Republic version of secrets is better. I would have liked to see her skate on that. But i guess lyrics don't fit after the first two songs.

I prefer the instrumental version, most skaters seem to skate to covers probably because music rights of big-time artists can be expensive.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
why's everyone attacking Fran when she's not even on here to defend herself? her opinion is hers, you got a problem, go take it up with her, dont attack her behind her back?

Anna's programs are lovely and her dresses are beautiful, glad she's got her quad back and congrats. Cant wait for the next russian cup.
Is Fran writing here? OMG! I like her a lot.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Can you actually teach a girl these moves or you gotta be born with 'it'? :unsure::love:

She can skate to this song:
Or even this

Arbitrary

Medalist
Indeed! For a second there I thought Arbitrary was calling Sasha a clown! I didn't want to get into a fight so I didn't say anything.

Glad you didn't mean in that way!

Clown???
I never called Trusova "clown"?
Would you dare to call Evel Knievel a Clown?

Ok, he wasn't 100% successful in his stunts, but who did? Clowns maybe...

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I was blown away by Akatyeva's skating. She's not even a junior yet (internationally) and she skates better than 90 % of seniors already.
And also it's so early in the season and despite that she was so solid.
I know right? she skates like an adult. Her posture, her skating skills and the way she carries herself, you would think she's a senior already.

sparklestan

On the Ice
Wow, Sofia!!! That was incredible!! 3A+3T was clean and she made it look easy! Her performance has also improved so much, I’m just blown away!!
Daria Sadkova shows a lot of promise imo. She has some nice dance movements and tricks (hitch kick and hydro blade attempt), her jumps have a very swingy quality that makes it difficult to control the axis. Hopefully team Tut can help her learn to control that.
Of the less known girls I liked Natalia L and Polina S a lot!
Good luck to everyone in the free skate tomorrow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.