AMAZING moves people should know about | Page 4 | Golden Skate

AMAZING moves people should know about

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
I'll just leave this and thishere. The amazingly (crazy) one and only, Ryan Bradley. :rock:

ETA: Left click over the links and choose "open in private tab" to view if you don't have an instagram account, otherwise you'll get a prompt to login.
I'll see your Ryan Bradley 3t-euler-back flip-3t and raise you a Brian Orser back flip-3t at 2:33:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Andrew Torgashev's flying "whatever" jump in his Bloodstream SP:) ...

... I've never heard of anyone but you call it "The Flying Torg", so I'm guessing that's not it, nor do I see it ever catching on. ...

Thanks to snowflake for bringing the awesome Tomoki into the thread.
It is unfortunate that Tomoki's SP from the 2020 Colorado Springs Invitational livestream on Sep 11 was not saved anywhere (AFAIK). IMO, on that day, both his Russian split and his "Flying Whoever/Whatever" ;) were second to absolutely none (whether examples from anyone else or from Tomoki's own spectacular executions of these jumps in the past).

I think Andrew is great, and I think his "Flying Whoever/Whatever" is/was great (this season he is making a change, IIRC?), but even among last season's skaters, that type of jump did not originate solely from him. As a sample of one 🙋‍♀️ , I will continue to steer clear of using "Flying Torg" as a reference to that type of jump.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'll see your Ryan Bradley 3t-euler-back flip-3t and raise you a Brian Orser back flip-3t at 2:33:

But that's not really "raising" anything. Esp since one of the links I posted he was landing his backflip on one foot. Also, since often Bradley is jumping opposite to his usual direction.