Jason Brown | Page 802 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And to absolutely no one’s surprise, Jason is assigned Skate Canada:hap10:

i really really really hope they have a comp, even if without spectators, but maybe with some professional camera work🤞

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
When and where is Skate Canada? I know On Ice Perspectives is in Canada (and heading to Toronto - I asked him if he was going to film Jason and he said he couldn't say!! :pray: ) and he did some work with Skate Canada last year so it would be great if he could have involvement. Looks like a good field for Jason - unclear if Jun is actually back in Canada, it's suggested he's not, but if he is, both him, Roman and Nam could all put up similar scores, so it is a fight for the gold. Imagine, Jason's first GP gold!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Although I agree that it would be great if(?) Jordan Cowan once again were involved in Skate Canada International, a difference this year is that I think it is very possible that at the time of SCI, Jordan will be working with Battle of the Blades, which will be in the thick of its season in Brampton (outside of Toronto).

Jordan has not officially said anything about a position with Battle of the Blades, but he has dropped some hints.
If my speculation becomes reality, I would be very happy for Jordan. Battle of the Blades would be a great platform for his incredible videography.

Of course, I have no idea what Jordan's possible(?) commitments to Battle of the Blades would entail, so I also have no idea whether or not a side trip to Ottawa for SCI would be do-able for him.

As for Jordan's availability to shoot again with Jason at some point, I will keep my fingers crossed that before Jordan eventually returns home to the U.S., something will work out one way or another -- whether in connection with SCI or not.

(Yesterday in Montreal, Jordan shot RDs [on an iPhone] for the ISP Points Challenge. Even if BOTB really is coming up for him, I do not know when he would need to start working in Brampton. BOTB competitors are training as we speak, in preparation for the first show on Oct 15.)

ETA (on Oct 2):
Update #1: Jordan has arrived in the Toronto area today.​
Updates #2 and #3 (which I noticed just today):​
- In reply to a question inquiring whether he is working with BOTB, his reply yesterday was: 👍👍😆
- And he has added @CBCBattle to his bios. (I am not sure how recently.)​
Congratulations to Jordan!​

ETA (on Oct 3):
Yesterday in natnbruce's "who is more likely to ..." Instastory Q & A, someone's ;) question was who is more likely to "be filmed by OIP while he is in Toronto the next two months 😂." Their answer was to DM them to organize it, so the "someone" must have been Jordan.​
(For anyone who does not know, natnbruce are Canadian ice dancers who train at TCC.)​

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And to absolutely no one’s surprise, Jason is assigned Skate Canada:hap10:

i really really really hope they have a comp, even if without spectators, but maybe with some professional camera work🤞
It's an interesting field. Jason is the one to beat, quad or no quad. Nam is more consistent and has good skating skills. Roman is very inconsistent. He doesn't have the PCs that Jason gets. But it's going to be mostly Canadian judges, if not all Canadian judges, so that might make a difference. Jason is Cricket Club, which helps. I was wondering about Jun myself. He might be able to use this to get out of Korea and back into Canada.

Given the way things are going, we'll see if these comps even happen. I hope that they can be done safely. Team Cricket has quite a few skaters assigned, including Katia. I don't know if she's back in Canada either. We'll see!

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
It's an interesting field. Jason is the one to beat, quad or no quad. Nam is more consistent and has good skating skills. Roman is very inconsistent. He doesn't have the PCs that Jason gets. But it's going to be mostly Canadian judges, if not all Canadian judges, so that might make a difference. Jason is Cricket Club, which helps.
I, for one, at this point, I don't even care about points or medals, I just can't wait to see Jason's new programmes in a live competition with decent camera work and for him to get a chance to compete this fall before Nationals. I want him to skate clean and attempt a quad if possible without pop-ing it, but great to see him compete always.

Fireplace7890

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I, for one, at this point, I don't even care about points or medals, I just can't wait to see Jason's new programmes in a live competition with decent camera work and for him to get a chance to compete this fall before Nationals. I want him to skate clean and attempt a quad if possible without pop-ing it, but great to see him compete always.
I agree with the previous comment. I was looking forward to his Slaughter on Tenth Avenue FS but couldn’t really appreciate it with the camera work. I realize they did their best so not being too critical but I want to see it with professional video quality.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think you need to have Instagram to see the stories, but so far they are pretty good:

Baby Jason at his first comp, always adorable:love:

His favorite costume, if I am understanding, is Love is a Bitch (they didn't show the answer, just a photo of the costume). Favorite moment of all time: all the world's skaters in the KnC at WTT. Favorite moment last year: FS at US Nats. Millie is still his best buddy, he is single, but his life is complicated.

I guess the "where are the quads" questioner thought he was being a smart Alec. Hah!:biggrin:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
It's really difficult to tell from the quality of those videos (and analysing jump rotations is not my forte) but those both looked like pretty clean quads to me!! I think we've all known that he is capable of physically jumping the quads, it's just been more of a mental barrier in competiton.
If we get anything out of this weird ass season this year, I hope it's Jason finally having the confidence to just go for it and get that clean quad done.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The GPs are so odd this year, not counting for this and that, that I wonder if Jason does a cleanish quad at Skate Canada, will it "count", or will it be considered like a domestic competition? Its an odd situation, since the judges and tech panel won't be from HIS country, so shouldn't necessarily "go easy" on him.

However it counts, I'm sure Jason (and his fans) would be very happy if he could "Just Do It".

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm pretty sure he'll try. There is no reason not to. That jump on the bottom of the split screen looked really solid! It might have been the salchow, but I'm not a good jump spotter.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think you need to have Instagram to see the stories, but so far they are pretty good:

Baby Jason at his first comp, always adorable:love:

His favorite costume, if I am understanding, is Love is a Bitch (they didn't show the answer, just a photo of the costume). Favorite moment of all time: all the world's skaters in the KnC at WTT. Favorite moment last year: FS at US Nats. Millie is still his best buddy, he is single, but his life is complicated.

I guess the "where are the quads" questioner thought he was being a smart Alec. Hah!:biggrin:
Jason once said that he had a lot of practice falling, so he got really good at getting up and making it work. That's what I noticed about that clip. He slipped, he fell, he got right into character and made it look purposeful!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The GPs are so odd this year, not counting for this and that, that I wonder if Jason does a cleanish quad at Skate Canada, will it "count", or will it be considered like a domestic competition? Its an odd situation, since the judges and tech panel won't be from HIS country, so shouldn't necessarily "go easy" on him.
My chief concern about Jason competing at a domestic Skate Canada is the possibility that the Canadians would think that they don't want an American gold medallist beating all of their men. Given previous shenanigans that have happened at Skate Canada when the event was a proper international, I'm actually kind of dreading it.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My chief concern about Jason competing at a domestic Skate Canada is the possibility that the Canadians would think that they don't want an American gold medallist beating all of their men. Given previous shenanigans that have happened at Skate Canada when the event was a proper international, I'm actually kind of dreading it.
It's not a Nationals for Jason. But Team Cricket has clout and Jason is really good. He doesn't need to win, though it would be nice. He needs to skate better than anyone else. If he does that and the judges don't reward him suitably, it's on their head. He's done well at SCI before this. I'm not too worried about it. Just getting to see him skate his programs competitively is the bonus for us. And giving him a chance to go for his quad in a lower pressure situation is good for him. It's going to be an odd season. And this is our only chance to see him competitively as far as we know.

Zaki

On the Ice
I'm pretty sure he'll try. There is no reason not to. That jump on the bottom of the split screen looked really solid! It might have been the salchow, but I'm not a good jump spotter.
The jump on the top is a 4T (he hits the ice before the take-off with his left foot), the other one is a 4S (it's one of the 3 edge jumps -S, A and Lo).
I really like the HEIGHT of the quads even tho, watching in slow-motion, I still have a liiiittle bit of a doubt on the landing of the 4S.

Last edited: