Alena Kostornaia | Page 254 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Fried

Final Flight
Interesting. That sounds scary indeed! Nevertheless, something that happened some time ago shouldn't be of great importance for the current situation, as long as something like this is not repeated. Unfortunately.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Interesting. That sounds scary indeed! Nevertheless, something that happened some time ago shouldn't be of great importance for the current situation, as long as something like this is not repeated. Unfortunately.
And he was touching her inappropriatly in Finlandia. This also.
Why is your previous post written in German?

Fried

Final Flight
What I already noticed on test skates is such a bumpy cut in the music (or even two). That doesn't fit at all for my ears. I have to listen to that song again. I cannot imagine that the original is like that.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am unsure if this has been posted here, but I only just happened across it.

It immediately strikes me that when Aliona is receiving corrections from Plushenko she does not look as though she is about to cry like she has done in so many TT warmups in the past.

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFo0UVCq-T2 - Aliona's been working on her SP it seems. Here's a bit of the footwork sequence. I'm digging the finger guns TBH!
Despite my minor complaints about her SP's music cut, I really like her interpretation here. It seems she's getting more and more comfortable with the choreo since the test skates.

Imagine

Medalist
I am unsure if this has been posted here, but I only just happened across it.

It immediately strikes me that when Aliona is receiving corrections from Plushenko she does not look as though she is about to cry like she has done in so many TT warmups in the past.

As a fan of both FS and UFC, her shirt is tripping me out. I can totally imagine her snapping someone's head back with a spinning kick...with her skater's flexibility.

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Floating around somewhere deep in the shadows of YouTube, there is an archived short video of an old periscope live (or VK?) stream from Kamila, which just shows some of the girls goofing around in their dormitory. Kamila, of course, holding the phone, with Maiia, Sonyakat, a brief appearance by Panenkova, and Alêna. Kamila is apparently reading/responding to comments posted live by her viewers. At one point she just rolls her eyes and affects that most adorable bored/disdainful attitude of precocious children, and with a great humor and a big sigh, she says, "Alëna is beautiful...oh yeah, we didn't know that.". :rofl:

"I'm Okay
I'm not your baby
If you think I'm pretty....."
I think what makes this even more amusing is that Kamila herself is so pretty so imagine how many compliments she gets and then how many more Aliona must get for her teammates to make such statements. 😂

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States

Part of an interview with Aliona the same day they interviewed Plushenko and we got to see bits of the new FS. A commenter says they cut the clip so they missed the 3A and the original poster says she missed the 3A as well. So it is restored already then??

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
I'd assume that if she'd landed the attempt, they probably would have included it in the footage. It's promising that she's attempting it again, though. Have to start somewhere.
I agree. That perfect timing makes me wonder if the attempt was cut by intention.
Or could it also be part of the strategy? I remember reading somewhere, probably in an interview, that Sasha's dad would not let Plushenko to post her training on social media. Maybe Aliona and her coaches are doing the same here. Last year she kept quiet about it until Finlandia where she blew away everyone with her trixels. She is the type that delivers more than she talks about.
Anyways, it's great to see her trixel attempt as well as her other jumps, huge as always. Hopefully we'll see her long program debut soon. *fingers crossed*

Last edited: