Alena Kostornaia | Page 255 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

SXTN

Final Flight
Aliona has learned her lesson with practice vids probably. When her first 3A video popped up 2-3 years ago, she was expected to include it in the programs but in the end she didn't because she lost the jump due to growth. At every press conference even a year after she was asked about the 3A.
This is probably also why we haven't seen any footage of her quad practices ever though I do believe she has probably landed a bunch of attempts.

In Russia it is better to surprise than to raise expectations, especially with the whole media interest ecc

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I agree. That perfect timing makes me wonder if the attempt was cut by intention.
Or could it also be part of the strategy? I remember reading somewhere, probably in an interview, that Sasha's dad would not let Plushenko to post her training on social media. Maybe Aliona and her coaches are doing the same here. Last year she kept quiet about it until Finlandia where she blew away everyone with her trixels. She is the type that delivers more than she talks about.
Anyways, it's great to see her trixel attempt as well as her other jumps, huge as always. Hopefully we'll see her long program debut soon. *fingers crossed*
I'm not sure journalists filming that piece know a lot about entrances to just cut that part out.
I would doubt the editors or the film crew know either. It was a routine interview of Plushenko, not focused on Aliona per se, she just happened to be in the background. So I'd say one thing is clear - she's working on it right now. The success of that would be visible on her next competition.

Azikin

Medalist
I'm not sure journalists filming that piece know a lot about entrances to just cut that part out.
I would doubt the editors or the film crew know either. It was a routine interview of Plushenko, not focused on Aliona per se, she just happened to be in the background.
And what a background! 🥰 Reminded me how much I've missed seeing her compete. But yeah, I agree it's improbable it would be such an elaborate scheme to keep us in the dark about it... :wink:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I would doubt the editors or the film crew know either. It was a routine interview of Plushenko, not focused on Aliona per se, she just happened to be in the background. So I'd say one thing is clear - she's working on it right now. The success of that would be visible on her next competition.
What is if Aliona doesn't want to show it herself?

Batsuchan

Medalist

And this shot too:
:love:

Floating around somewhere deep in the shadows of YouTube, there is an archived short video of an old periscope live (or VK?) stream from Kamila, which just shows some of the girls goofing around in their dormitory. Kamila, of course, holding the phone, with Maiia, Sonyakat, a brief appearance by Panenkova, and Alêna. Kamila is apparently reading/responding to comments posted live by her viewers. At one point she just rolls her eyes and affects that most adorable bored/disdainful attitude of precocious children, and with a great humor and a big sigh, she says, "Alëna is beautiful...oh yeah, we didn't know that.". :rofl:

"I'm Okay
I'm not your baby
If you think I'm pretty....."
Here is the video! (Turn on captions for English subtitles)

This was one of the first times that I got to see Aliona's devilish side. :biggrin:

A little bit later in the video, someone says "Kamila is also beautiful," and Aliona is like, "we didn't know that!" :rofl:

LuffyJackson

Rinkside
At this point i just want to see Aliona skate no matter what jumps she choose to feature :oops: i miss her so much, i really can't wait to see her FS to really see how she works with THE Shae Lyn Bourne.

Is her costumes to be designed by McKinnon a confirmed rumor? if not, poor woman got swarmed by fans in her post displaying a Billie Eillish inspired costume for another client 😁

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Ilinykh that she does not work with Kostornaya, despite Alena's desire: “I don’t know where the media are from in some course. But it's funny to read "

Batsuchan

Medalist

Ilinykh that she does not work with Kostornaya, despite Alena's desire: “I don’t know where the media are from in some course. But it's funny to read "

Lena herself tweeted this:

GoogleTranslate: "They say it was necessary to refute the rumors"

Reading all this wild speculation about some kind of Sasha/Aliona feud just makes me go :palmf::rolleye:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Indeed, Alyona and the other teenage skaters inspire.
There are lots of little girls trying to emulate their idols in music and/or costumes.