2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 433 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
we all worry for Sasha, but quite often athletes have to train through colds and minor injuries. No one will give up training for something not too serious. Although, given the current situation, any cold symptoms should require quarantine, in my opinion, just to be safe. However, my assumption would be that Sasha probably got tested to exclude the threat of the virus.
On the other hand, remember the ranting about Sofia Samodurova being cold at the test skates.

NaVi

Medalist
Seems like Russian Cup Stage 2 ladies FS won last week TV ratings among sports broadcasts on Russian TV.

Beat out a national football(soccer) match against Turkey. That match was on pay tv and at a worse timeslot.

Here's Rudkovskaya taking credit:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yeah, Rudkovskaya lamenting the lost commercial opportunities.

Now, if she were in charge, this wouldn't be, and the skaters will be drowning in money from marketing, endorsements, advertising and so on.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Idk, I don’t feel like it’s ok to do so.
I agree there.

Still, there must be something said about how people who have been associated with the sport tend to think about history. Historically, there haven't been many juniors who have skated exceptionally, or like seniors. That's probably all he was thinking there. Not correct, but understandable. But it's not on us to understand or let him get away with it.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Want to get on Russian TV during figure skating? Become a virtual spectator!

"Athletes perform in front of empty stands. Without the support of spectators and fans. We invite all spectators, fans and figure skating fans to fix it! Support athletes and coaches right from the stands - and become virtual fans! How?

• record a video or take a photo with a poster
• upload a video or a photo with the hashtag #khochunakubok
• you can upload a video or photo on your page or in the comments 👇

❓ How do you get to the stands?

During the competition at the Ice Arenas, we will install video screens on which your photos and videos with posters will be displayed.

Athletes and coaches will see you, feel your energy, and you can visit the stands and see yourself during a live broadcast - on the First Channel or on the website: 1tv.ru/skate

We will not only show your videos and photos on the podium, but also the most active of you will receive tickets for the next competition with spectators, autographs of your favorite athletes and mementos.

City and country of residence do not matter, everyone can become a virtual fan! The upcoming competition is already on October 23, we are waiting for your photos and videos!"

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
the part about the scoring, what is so outrageous for some posters here:

- The very atmosphere - yes, finally there was a sports fight. I want to congratulate the girls, and Kamila, and Daria with the second and third places. They are strong skaters, they have a great future. And they have a good team. But I'm not happy with the short program grades of all three girls. Read a lot of comments - why? Here is the answer.
At the age of 14, you cannot put "tens" for components. This is junior skating, and no matter how beautiful they skate, no matter how beautiful the lines and spins are, this is not "ten". Under the previous system, this is 6.0. This is a priori wrong. Where should they grow further? Some referees, coaches, and the leadership of the federation have already agreed with me - that it was somewhat wrong. I'm telling you honestly. Let this truth be harsh. Valieva's 10 points is impossible.
- How do you explain this?
- Referee's mistake. I will not go into details, we talked about this topic and figured it out. But I want to say one thing - there are athletes for whom I will drown. And I will not allow any judge to do the wrong thing against my athletes. I love justice. Sasha didn't win the short program, it's true. But she took not third, but second place, and lost not 10 points, but 5-6. I agree with this scenario, Valieva was taller. But why do I need to overestimate one and decrease points for my skaters?
I understand that the judges wanted to create a safety cushion for the free program. I know these judges, I even know where they are and whom they drive. But I don't want to go into specifics. Let's all understand that the time has come for justice. There is one school and there is another. You need to treat everyone equally. I had a substantive conversation ...
- With the leadership of the federation?
- Let's confine ourselves to this wording - I think they heard me. However, our result does not mean that we need to hang the crown. They are very strong rivals, and we didn’t succeed in much. We went for the triple axel for the first time, a really difficult element. Without belittling anyone's merits - Sasha generally skated with a cold. But this is our problem, we dealt with it.

I read this opinion from the posters many times here.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdl

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

- The very atmosphere - yes, finally there was a sports fight. I want to congratulate the girls, and Kamila, and Daria with the second and third places. They are strong skaters, they have a great future. And they have a good team. But I'm not happy with the short program grades of all three girls. Read a lot of comments - why? Here is the answer.
At the age of 14, you cannot put "tens" for components. This is junior skating, and no matter how beautiful they skate, no matter how beautiful the lines and spins are, this is not "ten". Under the previous system, this is 6.0. This is a priori wrong. Where should they grow further? Some referees, coaches, and the leadership of the federation have already agreed with me - that it was somewhat wrong. I'm telling you honestly. Let this truth be harsh. Valieva's 10 points is impossible.
- How do you explain this?
- Referee's mistake. I will not go into details, we talked about this topic and figured it out. But I want to say one thing - there are athletes for whom I will drown. And I will not allow any judge to do the wrong thing against my athletes. I love justice. Sasha didn't win the short program, it's true. But she took not third, but second place, and lost not 10 points, but 5-6. I agree with this scenario, Valieva was taller. But why do I need to overestimate one and decrease points for my skaters?
I understand that the judges wanted to create a safety cushion for the free program. I know these judges, I even know where they are and whom they drive. But I don't want to go into specifics. Let's all understand that the time has come for justice. There is one school and there is another. You need to treat everyone equally. I had a substantive conversation ...
- With the leadership of the federation?
- Let's confine ourselves to this wording - I think they heard me. However, our result does not mean that we need to hang the crown. They are very strong rivals, and we didn’t succeed in much. We went for the triple axel for the first time, a really difficult element. Without belittling anyone's merits - Sasha generally skated with a cold. But this is our problem, we dealt with it.

We are amateur fans and our talks don't mean much, to say it honestly. He should be professional, but he talks like a pub chatterbox.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No tickets for Sochi, but tickets for Kazan have gone on sale.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
We are amateur fans and our talks doesn't mean much, to say it honestly. He should be professional, but he talks like a pub chatterbox.
Of, course...of.course.. I understand, you and all of Eteri fans would like to see unfair scoring for Eteri's pupils...

Reactions: mdl

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

teamtutberidze_
Dear friends! We see all your questions and understand your concerns about the Champions on Ice ice tour, which for obvious reasons did not take place this spring. We inform you that all planned shows in all announced cities will definitely take place in 2021. Purchased tickets will of course remain valid. Unfortunately, the situation with the virus in the world is still unstable and the timing of the lifting of restrictions is not yet known, but we will announce new dates for the show as soon as the restrictions on mass events are lifted. The composition of the show will be specified and announced later. Follow the news and thanks for your understanding!

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Again, it all comes down to subjectiveness. Plushenko might not believe Kamila's short program warrants 10s, certain posters may believe that her short program does warrant 10s. No one is right. If for example, you care most about long stretched out movements reminiscent of the 6.0 era, then you probably won't give Kami high PCS, but if you like more subtle interpretations matched along with music, then her skating might totally be worth high PCS. Whether or not someone skates like a junior is also subjective. What are "senior" qualities? Good emotion? Well then Evgenia had that as a junior, but I would be hesitant to call her skating circa 2014-15 "senior" or "mature". Good extensions? Well, I recall Maria Sotskova's 2016-17 FS, filled with beautiful lines and held out spirals, and yet everyone called it boring and junior. Good interpretation of music? Well, I recall all the hate for Zhenya back in 2016-17 when they said all her program was was movements uncorrelated to each other, but matching to the music. The performance is subjective (other categories, SS, TR are objective, but the criteria are so vague that it ends up being subjective as well). And junior-ish isn't even a bad thing IMO. Like take Haein Lee's FS this season, or, if we must stay on topic with Russian ladies, Alena Kanysheva's FS 2018-19 season. It's not a program that tries to make them look mature or "senior". If anything, Kanysheva's FS was trying to emphasize her more junior qualities, cute program, cute choreography, cute dress, cute theme, but altogether, it turned into quite a masterpiece in my opinion. She did the very best a 13 year old could do. What if we took, for example, Liza's FS from two seasons ago. Surely no one would call that "junior-ish", however, is it better than Kanysheva's "junior-ish" FS? In my book, no. Skating like a junior is not a bad thing if you are a junior, and especially if you take those qualities of a junior and perfect it. I love Daria's dramatic programs as well, but sometimes, letting a junior be a junior isn't a bad thing.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Of, course...of.course.. I understand, you and all of Eteri fans would like to see unfair scoring for Eteri's pupils...
Level of Beatles fangirling reached :rolleyes:

If Plushenko has any objection to the scoring, then let he turns to FFKKR, if he's so good with them. Not publicly denounce the score of a skater that is a rival to his own. 37 y.o. man publicly challenges 14 y. o. girl. Yes, that's worthy of a true man. Also, he's not comparing Kamila's "junior skating" with someone like Kostner, where it would maybe, maybe gave some sense. He's matching 14 and 16 y.o. girls against each other. And if 15 y.o. girl is old enough to win the olympics against "senior women" and be worthy adversary to them even in PCS, then 14 y. o. girl is definitely a match to his 16 y. o. girl, who BTW faced precisely the same objections he's making now. He didn't do any good to Kamila and Daria, he didn't do any good to Sasha. And he did even worse to himself.

Last edited:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I still hold the opinion that the exhibition version of this program is better than the actual version, especially in interpretation. In the EX, Kamila is one with the music (IMO), every movement she does feels engulfed within the music. In the competitive program, it feels less so.

Novalis

Record Breaker
I still hold the opinion that the exhibition version of this program is better than the actual version, especially in interpretation. In the EX, Kamila is one with the music (IMO), every movement she does feels engulfed within the music. In the competitive program, it feels less so.
Perhaps. I also very much like the EX. But you do have more liberties with the exhibition compared to the short. So maybe it's not surprising if it works better. Though, I like the new short as well.

lesnar001

Record Breaker

I also read some "opinions" from posters here when it was discovered that Sofia Samodurova skated with a cold at the test skates.

I also read some "opinions" from posters about Eteri making health excuses for Alina's poor performance at Russian Nationals.

I guess some opinions matter and some don't.

And I don't know about "some posters"....
But as I said earlier, it's not his disagreement with the scoring that is outrageous.
It is his complaining about it in this interview.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Beat out a national football(soccer) match against Turkey. That match was on pay tv and at a worse timeslot.

Here's Rudkovskaya taking credit:

is she seriously trying to take credit for making ladies’ figure skating popular? gurl...

Amei

Record Breaker
On the other hand, remember the ranting about Sofia Samodurova being cold at the test skates.
The "ranting" was justified because it was said Samodurova had a fever which is generally indicative that you are contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.