2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 451 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Does Risport have white boots? IIRC from an interview, Risport are more sturdy under Aleksandra's jumping prowess.
Of course, Pretty much all Risport boots are available in both black and white, its very unusual to see beige or whatever Trusova's colour

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The lovely Emma Gadzhieva, always nice to listen to.

She discusses Gleikhengauz on the set of Ice Age, Plyushchenko's comments on Valiyeva's scores and the new quadruple jump of Trusova.

Don't really know where to put it, but since it concerns the subject of this thread, I best leave it here.

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
the 2020 olympics will 100% for sure be held next year, so i don't see a reason why 2022 would be cancelled or postponed.

Maybe I read something earlier and got confused. :slink:
Edit: Actually, I would say nothing is for certain. In March, the IOC was "committed" to hold the Olympics this year so things change. Not to be a pessimist lol

Magill

Record Breaker
Maybe I read something earlier and got confused. :slink:
Edit: Actually, I would say nothing is for certain. In March, the IOC was "committed" to hold the Olympics this year so things change. Not to be a pessimist lol
Oh, don't worry. Whatever they say NOW, what happens will depend on what the situation is by THEN. Making any definitive statements now is no better than future telling. Of course, hoping for the best!

Last edited:

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
As to Olympics 2022 its certainly still uncertain what will happen no matter how dedicated the IOC is to hold it. It does not look like Corona is going anywhere and since we cant stop it or contain it from what weve seen so far. It seems like it will most likely stay around similair to how the spanish flu of 1918 (as the historical situation most similair to covid 19) is still out there. If there is no vaccine it will probably go on for another 2-5 years. However I have seen several interviews with researshers that seemed to think that some vaccines being developed now could realistically become available summer/autum 2021 and if that where to be the case a winter olympics in february march of 2022 seems doable. This of course opens up the problems of qualifications to such an event as this season is definitly going to be somewhat of a mess. So if there is a worlds 2021 the results may be highly skewed if som athletes or contries cant participate due to traveling and quarantine restrictions.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
the 2020 olympics will 100% for sure be held next year, so i don't see a reason why 2022 would be cancelled or postponed.

Well remains to be seen, they can say a lot until then, but we cant see i to the future and knwo how the situatiin will look like next year. What happens if there are still travel restrictions or even border beeing closed. Olympics without spectators ? To much money they woudl loose

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Perviy Kanal announcement of the third stage of Russian Cup.

Several low ranked contestants have competed today in Southern Breeze tournament already.

2 more open spots left after Shcherbakova, Tuktamysheva, Samodurova, Gulyakova, Usachyova, Konstantinova, Nugumanova, Molchanova, Sarnovskaya, Sabora,

so add Shulskaya and Sultanmagomedova to complete the start list?

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
the competing rink also shows off their dance classes, but Zheleznyakov's are still several leagues above the competitors.
Oh, I wouldn't know much about that. I must admit I do not hold Zheleznyakov in high regard after his comments after Sasha left so I may be biased here (but who's not? :biggrin:). Still, as for his classes, even when you look at this video you can see everyone is on a different level and comes accross differently. It is not like a group of proffessional dancers when you can say everyone is able to keep the same standard. And still they go through the same practice routines under the same dancing coach. So I think Anna really shines so brightly due mainly to her natural "ballerina" set of skills. Honestly, she would probably shine under any dancing coach of an acceptable standard.
Sasha is a different case and probably more appropriate for dancing coaches assessment as she is not such a natural dancing talent as Anna (I love her, but I am not blind). Therefore, watching how she is doing with different dancing coaches actually tells much more about the coach and his coaching skills. And everyone seems to agree that she is visibly doing much better in this department now when compared to when she was training with Zheleznyahov. So, it seems, he is not really that sublime when compared to other dancing coaches... sorry to say :)

Last edited:

esteticlove

Final Flight
This is the types of videos that make me wish I had 10 eyes. I had to watch the video 7 times in order to pay attention to each of the skaters (+Zheleznyakov) :biggrin: All of them are reaally good, but I agree that Anna is too talented. I had the feeling that in the middle she kind of lost the rhythm but the final part with the legs was superb. In my opinion, this has been always her strongest dancing feature - fast and complex leg movements without losing balance (sorry, for the unprofessional language since I am not a dancer).

Status
Not open for further replies.