Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1522 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
From a new interview with Mariah Bell

"- If you could have anyone as a sparring partner, who would you choose? - I already mentioned Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. It would be cool to train with any of the top Russian figure skaters. They are all very kind, every time we meet, it is interesting to compete with them. I really like Evgenia Medvedeva, we get along well.It was incredibly interesting to perform in Russia last year, I felt huge support from the audience.
[...]
I made friends with Evgenia Medvedeva and Alina Zagitova. With Alina I had several shows in the summer. They are very good, each of them really."

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
A TASS reporter shared parts of an interview he did with Adeliya Petrosyan on his Telegram.

"Adelia Petrosyan told how she relates to comparisons with Zhenya
Medvedeva: "I really respect Evgenia Medvedeva, she is a very good person. Such a comparison even somehow lifts my spirits. Sometimes Evgenia and I even manage to skate on the same ice "."

Edit: The interview has been published

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A TASS reporter shared parts of an interview he did with Adeliya Petrosyan on his Telegram.

"Adelia Petrosyan told how she relates to comparisons with Zhenya
Medvedeva: "I really respect Evgenia Medvedeva, she is a very good person. Such a comparison even somehow lifts my spirits. Sometimes Evgenia and I even manage to skate on the same ice "."

Edit: The interview has been published
I want a picture of them together. :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
these will come, everybody is asking for the comparison

White Tiger

Spectator
Hey guys. I tried to keep away for a while because all negativity towards Zenja... well, not so much here tho so I think I will stick here only for future.

Can someone tell me in short what is to be expected with our queen Zenja?

Znowflake

On the Ice
I miss Evgenia so much. Plus I really want to see her costumes. And I love Alegria. I have rewatched test skates so many times.
I also want to see her perform Alegria well but health first I guess. so technically speaking... If Zhenya does not compete in Kazan - does it mean she can't compete at Nationals or do you think exceptions will be made if she is healthy by then? I keep on hearing different things about this

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I also want to see her perform Alegria well but health first I guess. so technically speaking... If Zhenya does not compete in Kazan - does it mean she can't compete at Nationals or do you think exceptions will be made if she is healthy by then? I keep on hearing different things about this
We will have to wait. Artur Danielan will not compete at the Russian Cups due to his injury, but said that he wants to show his new programs at RusNats, so maybe he already knows more than we do about possible exceptions.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Olga Kozhemyakina, ISU tech controller in single skating from the "World of Figure Skating" magazine:

"Zhenya Medvedeva has a short program in her style, it suits her very much.
In the free program, the choice of the topic was very unexpected, this is an unusual style for her, but if she works on it, it will be interesting. While Zhenya was not physically ready to skate it. She trained intermittently, started training later than everyone else. But Zhenya can skate any style, the main thing is that there is health and a normal training process. If she returned to Eteri Georgievna, she perfectly understands what kind of training regime awaits her, she has worked there for more than 11 years. And she is ready for serious work. Serious work always brings results."

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey guys. I tried to keep away for a while because all negativity towards Zenja... well, not so much here tho so I think I will stick here only for future.

Can someone tell me in short what is to be expected with our queen Zenja?
Welcome back. And Zhenya 's fanfest is always a safe place for her fans.
Evgenia is now training at Sambo with Eteri. Do to travel restrictions it made it impossible to train in Canada. She has a pinched nerve in her back, so she is putting her health first. She is on ice only an hour a day, but she hopes to compete at Rostelecom.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
"New work ice skater in Biellmann Spin. This breathtakingly beautiful skill is also referred to as Tulip on a turntable. lt is 3 ft tall and will sit in a ring encircling the figure top to bottom.

The pose is inspired by Russian superstar Evgenia Medvedeva the first female skater to win the junior and senior World titles back to back

The finished bronze will be on display at my breakout show at Celebration of Fine Art in Scottsdale, AZ Jan 26th to Mar 28th 2021

Levi Selway, British sculptor"

Levi Selway's instagram post:

So now Zhenya got a song inspired by her and soon a finished bronze scultpure. What's next?:hap10:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"New work ice skater in Biellmann Spin. This breathtakingly beautiful skill is also referred to as Tulip on a turntable. lt is 3 ft tall and will sit in a ring encircling the figure top to bottom.

The pose is inspired by Russian superstar Evgenia Medvedeva the first female skater to win the junior and senior World titles back to back

The finished bronze will be on display at my breakout show at Celebration of Fine Art in Scottsdale, AZ Jan 26th to Mar 28th 2021

Levi Selway, British sculptor"

Levi Selway's instagram post:

So now Zhenya got a song inspired by her and soon a finished bronze scultpure. What's next?:hap10:

This sculpture is fantastic. And the fact that it will be shown in Scottsdale is really impressive.