2020–21 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2020–21 Canadian Figure Skating

rain

Record Breaker

Can I just say a huge THANK YOU to Roman for going to the trouble of having this filmed so professionally and posting it on youtube for us all to enjoy?

I'm even more depressed now that we didn't get Skate Canada lol. But seriously, this program is gorgeous and perfect for his skating. He could easily repeat as Canadian champ with this. Loved everything about it. The speed and flow, footwork, exemplary spins (nobody extends as well as he does), and the jumps have never looked better. I so hope we get a nationals.

Can all the other Canadian skaters take pity on us fans and post something similar? I'm dying to see Piper and Paul's programs, Kirsten and Michael, Fournier-Beaudry/Sorenson, Lajoie/Lagha, Soucisse/Firus....

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Can all the other Canadian skaters take pity on us fans and post something similar? I'm dying to see Piper and Paul's programs, Kirsten and Michael, Fournier-Beaudry/Sorenson, Lajoie/Lagha, Soucisse/Firus....
Well, for Piper & Paul and Carolane & Shane you could just watch their programs from last year (same with the other dancers' RDs)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i watched some of the SPs tonight... for those wondering, the pairs are promising... Brasseur Daleman and McIntosh Mimar have to gel a bit more of course but they are both very interesting pairing, with completely contrasting aesthetics from one another, but equally filled with potential... to be continued ;)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i watched some of the SPs tonight... for those wondering, the pairs are promising... Brasseur Daleman and McIntosh Mimar have to gel a bit more of course but they are both very interesting pairing, with completely contrasting aesthetics from one another, but equally filled with potential... to be continued ;)
What ladies and men's skaters did you see? I'm interested.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What ladies and men's skaters did you see? I'm interested.
i think others responded for me :) Gabby daleman competed... not her best but she looks fit and ready to come back. We will find out more if she skates the LP and how she does it... More girls were trying 3-3 combo, which is good. Michelle Long skated well as usually, with much lesser content than needed though.... but that's a given for all Canadian ladies. Senior guys, much lower level. Bruce did well, Corey as well. Benett not so good but he is still <3 :) Unfortunately no Conrad, no Kovler, Nam Roman and Gogo had byes.... For pairs, it was a short lived competition with pretty much nothing more to add than what I wrote above... Dance : both teams had byes. They were filming Quebec Championnats this week : i am not sure if there will be streaming but the "competitions of videos" are scheduled the next two weekends... We should see more dance and pairs there, and some of the guys... ladies... who knows :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker

haribobo

On the Ice
SENIOR LADIES FS from Ontario Sectionals
Jump notes, my best attempt, definitely not 100% accurate here
missed notes on Proft and Spence, among others

Kristina Ivanova- Sleeping Beauty- 3z-3t wonky, 2ax (fallout), 1z, 3t into 2t, 3r-2r, 2ax, 3r, pretty good jumping but not much else to it at this point.

Amanda Tobin- Moonlight Sonata- 3t, 2ax-3t (Fall), 1r, 2ax, 2t, 2s, 3sal fall flat on back ouch, some slow spins

Catherine Carle- that music about the planet that everyone uses with the dramatic piano, 3t-3t, 2z, some skipping feed, 3z fallout, 1ax to 3s Fallout, 2r fallout, 3s fallout-2tfallout, 2ax?

Amelia Orzel- 3z-2t, 3f (fall), 2ax-3t, 3z, 3r, 3r-2t, 2ax. Scheherezade I think. Nice and solid, still feeling more jump-focused than I'd like, but this could medal...

Gabrielle Daleman- Celine Dion- Its All Coming Back to Me Now- 2t-3t huge, 3z huge 2ft?, 3r 2ft/und, 3f (fall), 2z-2t, 3s nice, 2ax (turnout), nice spins. Nice job! Some effort was definitely made here. 50 times livelier than everything preceding it.

Alison Schumacher- Once Upon a Time in the West (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone - 3f (cht)-2t, 2ax-1t, 1z, 3r (crumpled fall), 3s-2t, 3s, 2ax, very nice spins. Sorry I wasn't focused with jumps here.

Madeline Schizas- I Will Wait For You by Michel Legrand performed by Marie Oppert-this music is zzz sorry, 3z (fo), 2ax-3t, 2f, 3r, 2s (fallout), 3t-2t-2r, 2ax to, nice spins, good expression etc

Michelle Long- I'll Never Love Again- Lady Gaga- 2ax, 3s (x), 3f, 3r, 1ax, 2s (foot down), 3r (fallout), very nice mature expression, great effective spiral sequence/footwork. Very pretty and complete, heartfelt! :)

My best attempt at a free skate rank for the ones I took notes on, this is tough...
Orzel, Schumacher, Daleman, Schizas, Ivanova, Long, Carle, Tobin

Results should be available tomorrow here:

SENIOR MEN FS

Alistair Lam- missed taking notes but nice skate, good expression

Max Denk -3t-3t, 3ax (fall), 3s, 2f, 2ax (2ft), 1r, 3s? (2ft)-2t? Instrumental Beach Boys- God Only Knows. This music is so lifeless and dreary. Speed could improve.

Bruce Waddell- Peer Gynt/Hall of Mountain King -2t (fallout), 2ax, 1r, 3f half loop 3sal, 3f fallout, 2z (fallout), 3z. Much more speed and dynamic movement vs. previous skater. Spins dwindle off sometimes.

Jack Dushenski - 3f turnout-2t, 2ax into 3sal, 1z, 3r, 3z scratchy landing, 2ax nice, 1f, some nice spins, slow sad funeral music.

Bennet Toman- 2s, 3ax-2t, 3z-3t-2r, 3z, 3ax-2t, 3r, 3s, nice speed and expression and more footwork and nice spin positions. Definitely of a higher level than previous skates.

Matthew Markell- 3t, 3z-2t, 3f, 2ax into 2t, 1ax into 3t fallout, jump pop 3sal fallout. More sad funeral music to celebrate 2020. Very nice leap to slide down low. My god this music though.

Corey Circelli- Nutcracker. A nice palate cleanse. Wow he is tall and thin! How much has he grown since last season? 3ax 2ft-2t, 3t, 3z, 3r, 3f into 3sal nice, 2ax-2t, 3sal foot down, some nice highlight moves here and there.

Preferred Bennett Toman's skating the best here. I'd put him first in the FS, then Circelli, Waddell, Lam, Dushenski, Markell, and Denk.

Last edited: