2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Short Program

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I must be the only one unsure about the dress, the program however was lovely minus the loop

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
some thoughts:
Kaori mistimed the flip, she picked too late, her legs were too close together so she didn't have the necessary vault to push herself into the air, the position she was in also confirms it.

Mai is a very lovely skater, musical and ethearal but I have to say .. she looks so insanely thin, her arms are like child's :( she looks almost sick to me... is she okay? :(
Mai was seriously ill for a while and is probably working on gaining weight back now. She has juvenile arthritis.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Okay. Unpopular opinion, but I think Sakoto and Mai are both better skaters than Kaori. Kaori just has the jumps. Sakoto and Mai have such a presence on the ice!

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
A damn shame about the pop. I normally find Miyahara snoozy, but I whispered “wow” three times. That was gorgeous, especially the step sequence.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
Kaori seemed really overscored here, not going to lie.

Satoko's jumps have become so much higher!
I think Kaori’s score was pretty fair to be honest. She messed up the combo which cost her about 4-5 points. When she’s clean she scores around 75-77 so this score makes sense to me.

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
That was lovely from Tomoe! Just a teeny bit shaky on the combo landing but otherwise very nice and clean.

Edit: Good grief I meant the single jump landing. I cannot even get a sentence out anymore! :laugh:

silveruskate

On the Ice
some thoughts:
Kaori mistimed the flip, she picked too late, her legs were too close together so she didn't have the necessary vault to push herself into the air, the position she was in also confirms it.

Mai is a very lovely skater, musical and ethearal but I have to say .. she looks so insanely thin, her arms are like child's :( she looks almost sick to me... is she okay? :(
She was trying to time her flip to the music and it completely backfired this time. So sad, I could tell she was waiting for the moment a little.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Another mistake on the loop, but Kawabata Tomoe's lutz is consistently great and I do have a soft spot for this program

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Another one here who loves Satoko's skating. It's so sad if she'll never again be on the world team.

Congrats to Rika, Kaori and Mai so far.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
And a good skate from Tomoe for conclusion.

If there is one thing I feel bad about in this event it's the massive overexposure of the image. The ice is completely white-out without any details. Is it just my livestream or already broadcasted like that?

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
A great event overall. First half nearly took me out, though. Kihira was the highlight for me.

Last edited: