2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Nationals: Ladies' Short Program

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
some thoughts:
Kaori mistimed the flip, she picked too late, her legs were too close together so she didn't have the necessary vault to push herself into the air, the position she was in also confirms it.

Mai is a very lovely skater, musical and ethearal but I have to say .. she looks so insanely thin, her arms are like child's :( she looks almost sick to me... is she okay? :(

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
some thoughts:
Kaori mistimed the flip, she picked too late, her legs were too close together so she didn't have the necessary vault to push herself into the air, the position she was in also confirms it.

Mai is a very lovely skater, musical and ethearal but I have to say .. she looks so insanely thin, her arms are like child's :( she looks almost sick to me... is she okay? :(
She does look really thin. I think she was having trouble with arthritis or illness last year, but she's made a good return. Hopefully she'll get healthier soon,

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
I like this color on Satoko, so pretty.

I had no idea what she was skating to coming in to this. It's a good fit for her. I think she did this an an exhibition last year?

She pays such attention to small details in her transitions.

Satoko noooooo your loop. It was going so well! Why must you hurt me like this?

I'd still give her the best PCS. But the 2L is costly. :(

Edit: Wait did she mess up the loop? I think I'm going insane hahah. Too little sleep.

Edit 2: Yes she did. Wow I need to sleep!