2021 Small Federation National Championships: Dates, reschedulings and cancellations | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 Small Federation National Championships: Dates, reschedulings and cancellations

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I've looked up the Croatian Federation website. No information about rescheduling the Nationals, which unitially were to be held 14-16 December. But in the middle of the main page they added a link for Europeans 2021 Website with a reversed countdown. 😲

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've looked up the Croatian Federation website. No information about rescheduling the Nationals, which unitially were to be held 14-16 December. But in the middle of the main page they added a link for Europeans 2021 Website with a reversed countdown. 😲
I was wondering what was going on in Croatia - thank you for navigating through the website for all of us. I'll update the main post to at least reflect that Nationals didn't take place as initially scheduled and info on a new date is pending.

Weird countdown is weird, though!

Thank you for undertaking this labor of love.

It's very relevant to those of us with a heart for small federations.
:)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I’ve updated the main post with the information about Swedish Nationals and other domestic competitions being cancelled.

I’m not sure how much longer I can keep tracking these details for, though. The epidemiological situation in Europe in particular is horrifying, and with the B117 variant from Britain added into the mix it’s only likely to get worse over the next few months before vaccination programmes start to make an impact. I don’t understand why so many of the countries with competitions still scheduled haven’t cancelled by now. They’re pressuring their skaters into taking terrible risks for next to no reason. It’s an appalling dereliction of their duty of care and I can’t condone it.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
There's been an update about the Challenge Cup, but technically since it's no longer considered this year to also include the Dutch national championships, this competition should be moved to the "other international competitions" part of the forum, I guess?

Either way, as of this weekend, the organization still plan to go ahead with the Challenge Cup. Whether it will actually go ahead or not depends of course, on COVID19 related developments.

(stupid picture shows 2020, but it really does lead to the 2021 page)
There is a link on this page to a PDF document with all necessary information. It's a bit hidden in the text, but no audience will be allowed ("no spectators in the stands")

Currently the Netherlands are in lockdown until January 19, and as of yesterday, it is highly likely that this lockdown will be extended for another three weeks. That brings us well into February. But planning anything like an audience at the event would be impossible, anyway. (if you know anything about the location of the event, you'll know it's nigh impossible to *not* literally run into skaters and coaches in the hallways etc.)

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There's been an update about the Challenge Cup, but technically since it's no longer considered this year to also include the Dutch national championships, this competition should be moved to the "other international competitions" part of the forum, I guess?

Either way, as of this weekend, the organization still plan to go ahead with the Challenge Cup. Whether it will actually go ahead or not depends of course, on COVID19 related developments.

(stupid picture shows 2020, but it really does lead to the 2021 page)
There is a link on this page to a PDF document with all necessary information. It's a bit hidden in the text, but no audience will be allowed ("no spectators in the stands")

Currently the Netherlands are in lockdown until January 19, and as of yesterday, it is highly likely that this lockdown will be extended for another three weeks. That brings us well into February. But planning anything like an audience at the event would be impossible, anyway. (if you know anything about the location of the event, you'll know it's nigh impossible to *not* literally run into skaters and coaches in the hallways etc.)
Thanks for the update, and yes, if you put this info in its own thread in Other International Competitions too, more people are likely to see it there!

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I have looked up Balkan segment.

Serbian nationals were held on 10-11 December 2020. The result page Serbian Nationals 2020 An archived livestream page

As far as Slovenia is concerned, the latest domestic event mentioned on the fed website is Slovenian Nationals which were held in December 2019.

I tried to find something about Nationals in North Macedonia, but there is nothing about it even in Macedonian language.

Nothing new about the Croatian Nationals. The weird countdown for Europeans is still on.

It seems that in Serbia Covid-19 situation is not so severe as in Croatia and Slovenia. They managed to held the Nationals. And in Slovenia there are no even just plans for competitions unlike in Croatia.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have started a thread in the 'other international competitions' for the Challenge Cup. Thank you Winnie for the update (I hadn't read the update about the limits on numbers of skaters yet or on the Covid-19 rules), and of course thank you Harriet for continuing to keep up this work about Small fed Nationals here.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have looked up Balkan segment.

Serbian nationals were held on 10-11 December 2020. The result page Serbian Nationals 2020 An archived livestream page

As far as Slovenia is concerned, the latest domestic event mentioned on the fed website is Slovenian Nationals which were held in December 2019.

I tried to find something about Nationals in North Macedonia, but there is nothing about it even in Macedonian language.

Nothing new about the Croatian Nationals. The weird countdown for Europeans is still on.

It seems that in Serbia Covid-19 situation is not so severe as in Croatia and Slovenia. They managed to held the Nationals. And in Slovenia there are no even just plans for competitions unlike in Croatia.

Thank you for this; I've added Serbian Nationals dates to the main post.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Main post updated to include the cancellation of the Swiss National Championships in response to Switzerland's increased COVID-19 restrictions in January and February 2021.

Championships I'll be looking for updated info on in the next few days:

Bulgaria
China
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Israel
Latvia
Lithuania
Romania
South Korea
Spain
Turkey
Ukraine

And does anyone have any info on Mexico? I follow a couple of Mexican skaters on Instagram but haven't heard anything from them re their Nationals.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I looked for a thread for the Nordics and didn´t find it, so I just post it here as it applies to the small federations: it has been cancelled and moved to 2022!

"The Nordics and the Nordics Open 2022 will be held in Denmark on January 26th to 30th 2022. The Competition dates are earlier than usual because the Olympic Games begin on February 2nd."

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland has scheduled new time for nationals, 13th and 14th March this year, Helsinki according to federation's competition calendar.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I have looked up the Bulgarian skating federation website. Totally no information about either when the Nationals were initially scheduled or which dates they were postponed for. But there is a big possibility they will take place. Bulgarian fed held a domestic tournament in November 13-15 with top skaters including Aleksandra Feygin competing. So I think they will held the Nationals, but so far prefer not to announce when.

Mexican federation doesn't have its own website. Their facebook page is closed for viewing without being logged in and I don't have a facebook account.

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have looked up the Bulgarian skating federation website. Totally no information about either when the Nationals were initially scheduled or which dates they were postponed for. But there is a big possibility they will take place. Bulgarian fed held a domestic tournament in November 13-15 with top skaters including Aleksandra Feygin competing. So I think they will held the Nationals, but so far prefer not to announce when.

Mexican federation doesn't have its own website. Their facebook page is closed for viewing without being logged in and I don't have a facebook account.
Thanks for this info! I do have a Facebook account so I’ll look up the Mexican federation page later today.