2021 World Entries | Golden Skate

2021 World Entries

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Of course, we don't know whether Worlds will happen or not.

Japan

Men - Yuzuru Hanyu, Shomu Uno, Yuma Kagiyama
Ladies - Rika Kihira, Kaori Sakamoto, Satoko Miyahara
Pairs - Riku Miura / Ryuichi Kihara
Ice Dance - Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto

Russia

Men - Mikhail Kolyada, Evgeni Semeneko
Ladies - Anna Shcherbakova, Alexandra Trusova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Pairs - Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov, Alexandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kovlovskii, Anastasia Mishina / Alexander Galliamov
Ice Dance - Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin, Viktoria Sinitsina / Nikita Kataslapov, Tiffani Zahorski / Jonathan Gurreiro

Edited 3/1/2021

Last edited:

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Kazakhstan

Ice Dance - Maxime Weatherby / Temerlin Yerzhanov

United States

Men - Jason Brown, Nathan Chen, Vincent Zhou
Ladies - Karen Chen, Bradie Tennell
Pairs - Jessica Calalang / Brian Johnson, Alexa Scimeca Knierim / Brandon Frazier, (added 3/1/21) Ashley Cain-Gribble / Timothy LeDuc
Ice Dance - Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donahue, Madison Chock / Evan Bates, Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker

Last edited:

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Great Britain

Men - Peter James Hallam (Reserve: Graham Newberry)
Ladies - Natasha McKay (Reserve: Karly Robertson)
Pairs - TBD*
Ice Dance - Lilah Fear / Lewis Gibson (Reserve: Sasha Fear / George Waddell)

Pairs decision to be decided between Zoe Jones / Christopher Boyajdi and Anastasia Vaipen-Law / Luke Digby

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CK6zlKtLtrm/

Last edited:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Germany
Pairs - Minerva Fabienne Hase & Nolan Seegert, Annika Hocke & Robert Kunkel
Minerva Fabienne Hase has ruptured her syndesmosis during training and thus Hase/Seegert will not be competing at Worlds. The article linked below says that there's no substitute, so Germany will only have one pair (Hocke/Kunkel).

I hope Minerva heals soon and is able to come back strong next season!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Austria

Ladies: Olga Mikutina
Men: Maurizio Zandron
Pairs: Miriam Ziegler & Severin Kiefer, Chloe Choinard & Livio Mayr (dependent on achieving TES mins.)

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLUBZjiiWez/
Bet me to it ;)
I'm really rooting for Olga, she recently scored 191.30 at Hippolyt Cup, albeit with domestic scoring. Also hope that Chloe and Livio can achieve TES minimums, it would be awesome to have two pairs at worlds.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Bet me to it ;)
I'm really rooting for Olga, she recently scored 191.30 at Hippolyt Cup, albeit with domestic scoring. Also hope that Chloe and Livio can achieve TES minimums, it would be awesome to have two pairs at worlds.
I really enjoyed Olga's performances at Europeans last season (especially her short program) and look forward to seeing her again at Worlds.
Having two Austrian pairs would be awesome! Good luck to Chloe and Livio in obtaining their minimums.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Minerva Fabienne Hase has ruptured her syndesmosis during training and thus Hase/Seegert will not be competing at Worlds. The article linked below says that there's no substitute, so Germany will only have one pair (Hocke/Kunkel).

I hope Minerva heals soon and is able to come back strong next season!
Yeah, I had noticed they were no longer on the roster for Challenge, and wondered why. This is a really sad reason, and what a pity the Germans can't send Ruben Blommaert with his latest partner because they would have been the obvious substitutes if Alisa Efimova could skate already for a new country (but I think it would be too early with regard to her last competition. There are ISU rules in place). As far as I know, she has been released though. But Minerva's injury is the real thing to worry about. With you, I hope she heals soon and well, and is able to come back strong!

Country
Norway
China

Men: Jin Boyang, Yan Han (Reserve: Chen Yudong)
Ladies: Chen Hongyi (Reserve: Lin Shan)
Pairs: Sui Wenjing & Han Cong, Peng Cheng & Jin Yang, Wang Yuchen & Huang Yihang
Ice Dance: Wang Shiyue & Liu Xinyu

Source: http://www.cfsa.com.cn/cfsa_portal/html/new1.html?newsId=267124&newsTypeId=5 (translated via Google Translate, so hopefully it's accurate)

Will the Chinese skaters be allowed to go Stockholm from the national authorities? The reason I ask is that apparently the Chinese biathlon theme got denied at the application they sent in order to compete in WC in biathlon. I´m wondering why figure skaters should be allowed but not the biathlon team?

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Who denied their entry?

I'd find it hard to think China would disallow their skaters to attend Worlds, especially when Olympic berths depend on it. Olympic on home soil at that. I don't know anything about Biathlon and their Olympic spots pertaining to this World Cup (in Slovenia?)

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Having two Austrian pairs would be awesome! Good luck to Chloe and Livio in obtaining their minimums.
Chloe and Livio disappeared from the entry list at Challenge Cup. Not sure if they will have another possibility to obtain their TES minimums. :scratch2: It would be a pity to let their spot at worlds go to waste.