2021 Egna Spring Trophy | Golden Skate

2021 Egna Spring Trophy

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Egna Spring Trophy is scheduled to take place April 29- May 2, 2021, in Egna, Italy, at the Würth Arena. The event, formerly known as "Gardena Spring Trophy," is an annual international figure skating competition held every spring in Val Gardena in Italy. This year, singles and pairs will compete in the novice, junior, and senior divisions.

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Italy is currently under another lockdown until 6th of April, and Trento (the region Egna belongs to) is one of the particularly critical zones. So the cancellation is quite probable.

Andrea82

Medalist
Number of entries according to Italian Fed is as follows

Senior Ladies 7 9
Senior Men 3 6
Senior Pairs 1 0

Junior Ladies 23 30
Junior Men 6 8
Junior Pairs 0

Advanced Novice Ladies 18 22
Advanced Novice Men 2 7
Advanced Novice Pairs 0

They haven't released the names of the entries yet.

Edit: numbers updated based on the competition schedule sheet: Time Schedule - April 13, 2021

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Entries

Senior Ladies

1BeccariLucreziaSenior LadiesITA
2GrmDasaSenior LadiesSLO
3NegrelloGinevra LaviniaSenior LadiesITA
4ÖstlundAnitaSenior LadiesSWE
5PaolucciChennySenior LadiesITA
6PolettiFrancescaSenior LadiesITA
7RodeghieroRobertaSenior LadiesITA
8TornaghiAlessiaSenior LadiesITA
9Velarde LangeVictoria JuliaSenior LadiesPE

Senior Men

1FadiniAlessandroSenior MenITA
2FrangipaniGabrieleSenior MenITA
3GuarinoTomas LlorençSenior MenESP
4TodeschiniNicolaSenior MenCH
5VanzAlbertoSenior MenITA
6Lewton-BrainDavidéSenior MenMC

Junior Ladies

1AglinskyteJogaileJunior LadiesLTU
2AgostinelliElenaJunior LadiesITA
3AnijärvHeidy MariJunior LadiesEST
4BocconiFrancescaJunior LadiesITA
5BodroneAnnaJunior LadiesITA
6BuscaroliMargherita JoleJunior LadiesITA
7CmerAnaJunior LadiesSLO
8De NadaiGiorgiaJunior LadiesITA
9FioriGioiaJunior LadiesITA
10FoisViolaJunior LadiesITA
11GajdosovaOlusaJunior LadiesCZE
12GardiniCamilla PaolaJunior LadiesITA
13GardiniCarlotta MariaJunior LadiesITA
14GhediniGiorgiaJunior LadiesITA
15GutmannClaraJunior LadiesITA
16HovineJadeJunior LadiesBEL
17KrmeljMancaJunior LadiesSLO
18LovrencicJulijaJunior LadiesSLO
19MalteseFlaminiaJunior LadiesITA
20PezzettaAnnaJunior LadiesITA
21PinzarroneNinaJunior LadiesBEL
22PratoFrancesca CarlaJunior LadiesITA
23RoblinSerena JoyJunior LadiesITA
24RudnevaJelizavetaJunior LadiesEST
25SchwarzEsterJunior LadiesITA
26SedejSara KlementinaJunior LadiesSLO
27SilvaniAnastasiaJunior LadiesITA
28ZadraClaraJunior LadiesITA

Junior Men

1ComiEdoardoJunior MenITA
2DonghiFilippoJunior MenITA
3MemolaNikolajJunior MenITA
4NalboneMatteoJunior MenITA
5RenoldiGabrielJunior MenITA
6RossiNaokiJunior MenCH
7SedejDavidJunior MenSLO
8ZichRaffaele FrancescoJunior MenITA

Source and list of novices: OFFICIAL ENTRY LIST EGNA SPRING TROPHY 2021 - update April 14, 2021

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks! Good for skaters who want a last chance to compete internationally this weird season. I wonder about Rodeghiero. Wasn't she the best Italian after Kostner at a time? As Östlund seemed like the future for Sweden....

Good luck to all competitors!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah, Stefania Yakovleva is in action again this week. And, fortunately, she is the third to skate in the Advanced Novice Ladies SP, so I should see her before the bikes start.

But, I am fascinated to see what the Peruvian girl in Senior Ladies, Victoria Julia VELARDE LANGE, is like. I've never seen a skater from Peru before. (I just looked her up, and she was at the Challenge Cup. But, I didn't see it).

It's always nice to see new countries being represented.

CaroLiza_fan

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Ah, Stefania Yakovleva is in action again this week. And, fortunately, she is the third to skate in the Advanced Novice Ladies SP, so I should see her before the bikes start.

But, I am fascinated to see what the Peruvian girl in Senior Ladies, Victoria Julia VELARDE LANGE, is like. I've never seen a skater from Peru before. (I just looked her up, and she was at the Challenge Cup. But, I didn't see it).

CaroLiza_fan
Yes it is. I wonder where she lives. Probably in a European country. If there is a stream we can maybe spot her coach.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

CaroLiza_fan
I did watch the Challenge Cup, and I'm sorry to say I can't recall Victoria's skate. I have looked up her ranking there (she was 18th), and got 33.20 points for the SP and 56.66 for the FS. Protocols show she had no Triples in the FS, and a downgraded 3S in the SP. She did have a level 4 Combination Spin though. Regrettably also some falls. I've included a picture taken during SP at Challenge.

Attachments

• Victoria Velarde.jpg
    Victoria Velarde.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 26

Andrea82

Medalist
Thanks! Good for skaters who want a last chance to compete internationally this weird season. I wonder about Rodeghiero. Wasn't she the best Italian after Kostner at a time?
Yes, Rodeghiero was regularly in the top 10 at Europeans in the 2014-17 period. She had health problems starting from half way 2017. She totally missed the Olympic season. And never totally recovered from that. The add the age factor (she is 31 now).

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks, wow time flies. Seems like Rodeghiero still wants to compete though. Fighting for an olympic spot?

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes it is. I wonder where she lives. Probably in a European country. If there is a stream we can maybe spot her coach.

Assuming that Victoria's surname is following the normal customs for Spanish-speaking names (Dad's surname followed by Mum's surname), I suspect that her Mum is from a German-speaking country. So, it may well be that she always lived in her Mum's home country, but is representing the country her Dad is originally from.

If she lives anywhere near the Alps, my money is on her training at Oberstdorf.

It may just be coincidence, but there is another skater who represents Peru that was born in Germany. Andrea PEKAREK (ISU Bio; Rink Results Bio; Stats On Ice Bio; Tracings Bio). Austrian Pairs skater Ferdinand Dedovich was her coach before she moved to Minnesota to train with Trudy Oltmanns.

Perhaps they train(ed) together?

I did watch the Challenge Cup, and I'm sorry to say I can't recall Victoria's skate. I have looked up her ranking there (she was 18th), and got 33.20 points for the SP and 56.66 for the FS. Protocols show she had no Triples in the FS, and a downgraded 3S in the SP. She did have a level 4 Combination Spin though. Regrettably also some falls. I've included a picture taken during SP at Challenge.

Thank you for the summary. And the photo.

And don't worry. It is next to impossible to remember everybody from every competition you watch. Hey, I frequently even forget what the podium finishers are like! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Quite interested to see Anita Östlund in the line up she has withdrawn from many comps this season so im kinda nervous and exited to see how she will do. She was widens leading lady last season but with rise of Josefin this season she really has to impress next season to get that olympic spot.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Representing Italy...."
"Representing Italy...."
"Representing Italy...."
"Representing Italy...."
"Representing Italy...."

Reminds me of the Ice Star earlier this season, when we heard "Representing Belarus" umpteen times in a row in some segments.

Here, we will hear "Representing Italy" 3 more times before we get into the foreign skaters. After a string of 8 Italians, two Estonians will take us into the first resurfacing.

Looking forward to seeing what all these young Italians are like. It was through watching a largely Italian field at a Senior B a few years ago that led me to discover and become a fan of Elisabetta Leccardi and Alessia Tornaghi.

Let's hope we discover some gems today!

Gaah! Just as the Warm-Up finished, I lost my internet connection!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

It came back, but I am now running about a minute behind.

CaroLiza_fan