Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1597 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 1st Channel visited Zhenya today on Victory Day to give her flowers and to honor her ancestors who fought in the war.

Zhenya: "Let's remember the people, thanks to whom we have the peaceful sky above us, because as long as we remember, this will not happen again"

Do we know who the man and woman are in the photos?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The 1st Channel visited Zhenya today on Victory Day to give her flowers and to honor her ancestors who fought in the war.

Zhenya: "Let's remember the people, thanks to whom we have the peaceful sky above us, because as long as we remember, this will not happen again"

Translation by Team Moonbear

"Interviewer: I know that there are
great-grandfathers and relatives in your family who fought and who survived the war.

Zhenya: Yes it's true. I want to mention my grandmother's older brother, who died in 1942. His name was Ivan Mazaev. He was in a tank, and he was hit by a shrapnel. We learned this from a letter that his best friend wrote us from the front. The letters are still preserved, and his best friend tells in these letters how they met, how they fought together, and how he died.

Interviewer: Your great-grandmother also found the war, she was about 15 years old when the war began, and she lived in Moscow, right?

Zhenya: Yes, she was still very young. Her name was Tatiana Vasilyeva. As I was told, she and her peers walked on the roofs and poured buckets of water to extinguish the bombs and she also helped her mother in the hospital, that is, she was a nurse.

Interviewer: Another great-grandfather, I know, went through the whole war.

Zhenya: Yes, Boris Grigoryan. He reached Berlin, was awarded the Order of the Red Star and many other awards. My great-grandfather carried 15 people from the battlefield with his own hand. An interesting fun fact that he changed his date of birth and celebrated his birthday on May 9th till the end of his days. Not according to documents, but just like that.
I would also like to congratulate the viewers on Victory Day. Let us remember the people who made the sky above us peaceful. After all, as long as we remember, this will not happen again."

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Zhenya was on TNT's show Topmodel as a guest in cooperation with Nestlé. She made them breakfast with Nestlé flakes. The episode was filmed around February/March
View attachment 3789
Tina Tova, a participant shared this

"The most comfortable breakfast in Zhenya's company"

E1CVwi-WYAAz02X.jpeg.jpg

Zhenya in a Japanese Newspaper
E0_8pZGUcAEm-kQ.jpeg.jpg
It talks about Zhenya's work with the Japanese embassy to promote Japan in Russia :)
"In cooperation with the Embassy of Japan in the Russian Federation, Zhenya
popularizes Japan.." It talks about the 5 senses of Japan articles the embassy published with Zhenya

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Tina Tova, a participant shared this

"The most comfortable breakfast in Zhenya's company"

View attachment 3790

Zhenya in a Japanese Newspaper
View attachment 3791
It talks about Zhenya's work with the Japanese embassy to promote Japan in Russia :)
"In cooperation with the Embassy of Japan in the Russian Federation, Zhenya
popularizes Japan.." It talks about the 5 senses of Japan articles the embassy published with Zhenya

A tweet featuring the newspaper article about Zhenya went viral on Japanese Twitter