2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We saw this last year, but it's obviously more polished here.

It's the first time I've seen one of their skates, but already I love Miku and Tyler! They're both dramatic, in interesting and not identical ways. Thank you for posting this! I haven't been able to watch all the videos, but I'm so glad I watched this one.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Canadians....There was just a Massive Earthquake in Alaska. Is Keegan back in Alaska or is he living in Canada?

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three Canadian women compete tomorrow, 7/30, in the Senior Women SP at Glacier Falls: Sylia Rabhi, Nour-Houda Foura and Lara Bassett.
Also competing: Kailani Craine (AUS), Emmi Peltonen (FIN), Andrea Montesinos Cantu (MEX).
Top US competitors include Audrey Shin and Hanna Harrell.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Cross-posting from the 'Splits' thread with sad news from Canadian ice dance:

Emmy Bronsard and Aissa Bouaraguia have split.
Emmy's Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9h68bL8MY/?utm_medium=copy_link

She says they have "chosen different paths" and she looks forward to "new adventures in ice dance", so I'm assuming that she is looking to continue with a new partner. No post from Aissa as yet (that I've seen), but, from Emmy's post, it sounds as though the split was a mutual decision.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Cross-posting from the 'Splits' thread with sad news from Canadian ice dance:

Emmy Bronsard and Aissa Bouaraguia have split.
Emmy's Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CR9h68bL8MY/?utm_medium=copy_link

She says they have "chosen different paths" and she looks forward to "new adventures in ice dance", so I'm assuming that she is looking to continue with a new partner. No post from Aissa as yet (that I've seen), but, from Emmy's post, it sounds as though the split was a mutual decision.
It's a shame but it was inevitable - you just can't control genetics and growth spurts. Hoping they both find partners - I'm not sure how tall Emmy is now though so not sure who would be available? I think people would be willing to leave a partnership for her as she's so talented and a junior canadian champ

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm surprised only insofar as I thought they might try to gut out this season. But yeah, after NextGen camp their prospects for long-term success were not looking great.

I don't doubt they'll find Emmy a new partner. Aissa may be a struggle, given his height (and he also had a bit of a reputation as the weaker part of that partnership).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so... i went to ice partner search.. just curious ... and found other traumatic news for me... Jacob Richmond is looking for a partner.... I also liked their team with Jessica Li ... Jacob is tall enough for Emmy... but certainly not the level of Aissa. Anyways... will go back to Tokyo 2020... though it was a very traumatic rugby tournament for Canada (one of my favourite sports) It is less damageable for my mental health than Canadian ice dance splits news.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I'm surprised only insofar as I thought they might try to gut out this season. But yeah, after NextGen camp their prospects for long-term success were not looking great.
I think when they're at the age they're at a season is a long time - Emmy only has 2 years left in junior and Aissa has 1 and so if they want to go that route, then this year really would be wasted if they had stayed together

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Team Canada at JGP Slovakia:

Corey Circelli
Justine Miclette (that NextGen camp showing obviously impressed)
Meghan Fredette & William St-Louis
Natalie D'Alessandro & Bruce Waddell
Chloe Nguyen & Alec Roueche

In the ice dance field, Natalie & Bruce have a rematch with Tyutyunina & Shustiskiy, the team they came second to in Latvia two years ago (also the third JGP of the season!).

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
A little confused about this. Nathalie and Bruce finished fourth in Latvia two years ago and Tyutyunina and Shustiskiy, were third.
Sorry, yeah, I meant that they finished behind them in the race for the final podium spot (the top two being the other Russian team and the Georgians).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone hear what programs Keegan will be doing for the upcoming season ?