2021 Cranberry Cup Int'l - Senior Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021 Cranberry Cup Int'l - Senior Pairs FS

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, that was fantastic. I guess the Eteri effect is helping T/M.

I enjoy hearing the announcer butcher Evgenia, lol.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I was in danger of falling asleep (it's nearly 1 a.m. here) but fortunately the last three pairs woke me up.

Finally clean jumps for T/M and I think it's not premature to say first gold medal in pairs for Eteri. :biggrin:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
OMG. That was brilliant, I loved it. All their best qualities on display. I’m so relieved and happy for them. Just the start their Olympic season needed.

Brilliant twist, string lifts, lovely jumps.

did Danny G choreograph the programme? Was waiting for a costume change 😜

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
That was well done by Evgenia and Vladimir. I did think about Aljona and Bruno in the beginning, but this is a different interpretation of the music, so I quickly was into this one. And when they're on, they really are. Should win easily.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I really like this program for T/M, but why do there always have bleak costumes?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really like this program for T/M, but why do there always have bleak costumes?
They've had some wonderful costumes! From the Lord of the Dance green to Zhenya's Glam! dress and of course for Rach 2!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Lovely, lovely program by T/M. They can definitely win Olympic gold with this, if they continue with the confidence they showed here, finally. It's pretty gorgeous. I do see moves and overall aesthetic picked up from the trends that have been happening in the sport since James/Cipres' innovations taken from ice dance with their coaches and choreographers, as well as Savchenko/Massot and their groundbreaking programs the last couple of seasons of their career.

This will get huge points. T/M realized they have no competition here, as the judges were going to put them far ahead anyway, as they did in the sp. Stoked their confidence obviously. But a great, great program. I can't see anyone saying different. Eteri will get all the credit, when it was obviously a lot of input that T/M received over several seasons, finally coming together, with Eteri's input, Zhulin and Maxim Trankov too.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I for sure thought they'd go over the winning skate at Worlds this year. Very good score anyway.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Wow, 151.66, that overcame my expectations. Can't be taken too seriously in comparison with how the big events will be scored but definitely good start.

Amei

Record Breaker
I loved Tarasova/Morozov's FS, very relaxed skate, a lot of the skates have seemed rough around the edges and very obvious that its early in the season; I love that this program didn't feel that way.

My goodness Evgenia's name is just getting butchered by the announcer.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I suspect there will be no complaints about the difference in points with the other pairs this time (not like yesterday in the SP). They were really a lot better than everyone else. I hope they keep it up. .

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lovely, lovely program by T/M. They can definitely win Olympic gold with this, if they continue with the confidence they showed here, finally. It's pretty gorgeous. I do see moves and overall aesthetic picked up from the trends that have been happening in the sport since James/Cipres' innovations taken from ice dance with their coaches and choreographers, as well as Savchenko/Massot and their groundbreaking programs the last couple of seasons of their career.

This will get huge points. T/M realized they have no competition here, as the judges were going to put them far ahead anyway, as they did in the sp. Stoked their confidence obviously. But a great, great program. I can't see anyone saying different. Eteri will get all the credit, when it was obviously a lot of input that T/M received over several seasons, finally coming together, with Eteri's input, Zhulin and Maxim Trankov too.
And the choreography used some of Marina's brilliant moves that she created for them. Albeit shortened to a second and a half or so, as per Eteri & company. Which in my opinion is not good and rather spoils the effect, but the skaters get plenty of credit from the judges for them.

It is really good to see T/M skate up to their potential, and it shows how beautiful their elements are. I hope they ditch the SP costume change; the second costume makes Evgenia look like she's wearing a flour sack.

They really are great to watch. Oh yes, and if I were Zhenya and had to do the SP jump directly in front of Eteri, I'd falter too.