Nathan Chen | Page 1017 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

lurkz2

On the Ice
amazed that there were no leaked videos of Nathan presenting both of his new programs (though low-key wishing there were...lol).
I guess because it's easy for USFS to trace the source of any leaked videos. I have heard there are private videos of his program run throughs.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Swedish junior Oliver Praetorius's SP music this season is Nathan's La Boheme. Exact same music and very similar choreography.
Apparently he's skated to Rocketman before, too, although that doesn't appear to be his program for this season.

SaDa

On the Ice
I guess because it's easy for USFS to trace the source of any leaked videos. I have heard there are private videos of his program run throughs.
Is there news on his long program too? Did he perform both short and long at Champs Camp?
And Oliver Praetorius from Sweden must be something of a Nathan fan, huh? How sweet!

lurkz2

On the Ice
Is there news on his long program too? Did he perform both short and long at Champs Camp?
Someone on my other chat group said she saw videos of run throughs for both short and long; according to her the long was more Mozart than Apashe.

SaDa

On the Ice
Someone on my other chat group said she saw videos of run throughs for both short and long; according to her the long was more Mozart than Apashe.
Thanks for the info.
So it truly is Mozart and Apashe then. I'm not surprised to hear that it's more Mozart than the latter. I kind of figured that if he was going to add Apashe, it would be just enough to give the program a little bit of a modern twist. Too much Apashe would have been a little too heavy. Ugh, the wait to see these programs though...!

lurkz2

On the Ice
Thanks for the info.
So it truly is Mozart and Apashe then. I'm not surprised to hear that it's more Mozart than the latter. I kind of figured that if he was going to add Apashe, it would be just enough to give the program a little bit of a modern twist. Too much Apashe would have been a little too heavy. Ugh, the wait to see these programs though...!
Hahaha the one who shared said she would have wanted to hear more Apashe

SaDa

On the Ice
Hahaha the one who shared said she would have wanted to hear more Apashe
Oh, for real? I wasn't expecting that. My initial concern was that maybe it would be a little too much. Now I'm starting to worry he didn't add enough of a twist :unsure:

lurkz2

On the Ice
Oh, for real? I wasn't expecting that. My initial concern was that maybe it would be a little too much. Now I'm starting to worry he didn't add enough of a twist :unsure:
Maybe he would be revising based on feedback? Last year he did revise his FS music after ISP1.

Last edited:

SaDa

On the Ice
Maybe he would be revising based on feedback? Last year he did revise his FS music after ISP 1.
I hope they're flexible enough for feedback. Nathan needs to let us see his programs. Now. So he can have some feedback. And so I can stop being so anxious.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan and other Team USA skaters spoke to Nashville TV reporters during Champs Camp.