Nathan Chen | Page 1019 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
Thanks for the summary, Ella! I watched it too and Nathan did 4Lz 3A 4F3T in the SP, and 4Lo 3Lz 3F3T 2S 3A 4T 4T3T in the FS.
---------------------------------
Nathan mentioned in Victoria Volchkova interview
— I like the way #NathanChen skates. It’s definitely power skating as he flies through his programs landing difficult jumps with ease. But at the same time he is artistic without a doubt. He skates with charming nonchalance and freedom

Nathan invites everyone to the David Yurman event this Saturday

mindatwork

Rinkside
I broke down as well, and decided to check out livebarn. And aside from the slight bobble on the 4Lo and the popped 2S, all of his jumps looked really really good. His step sequences in both programs also look amazing - and I'll admit to getting slightly emotional when he started his nemesis step sequence.

Super super excited to see what he changes and improves upon for Skate America!

Last edited:

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
I broke down as well, and decided to check out livebarn
I know! I actually posted private videos of both skates in my YouTube channel just in case those VODs go away. Lol.

And if you don't mind sharing, what kind of suggestions did you give him anyway?
Lol. I shared the same suggestions on this thread, but I honestly don't remember around when I posted them. But looking at my DM, I sent both him and Shae potentially a Woodkid Medley (Iron, The Golden Age, and Ghost Lights) for FS, and cuts of some cool beats from the other YT videos below for the SP

sheetz

Record Breaker
Scenes from the David Yurman event

sheetz

Record Breaker

zebobes

Final Flight
Does anyone want to make a bet on which quads Nathan will be performing in his first competition as he ramps up for the season?

SP
4Lutz, MAAYBE 4T. Wouldn't be surprised if his combo is 3F-3T

FS
4Loop, 4F, and his two 4T combos.

Ella5555

On the Ice
Probably a stupid question but where was the video of the 4Lo taken? Was it some kind of competition?
Actually, what is supposed to be Nathan's first competition this season?
It was taken at Great Park Ice where Nathan trains. His first competition will be Skate America.

Edit: It’s Lakewood. Thanks, Sheetz!

Last edited: