Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1618 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well. I almost cried watching this.

Such a special program, so joyful and her smile throughout…. It’s so cruel that covid prevented us from seeing this masterpiece in competion and most importantly, prevented her from skating it the way she could have. Just for this I'll keep hoping that she attempts one final comeback and skates this at a competitive event. Imagine it at Rostelecom with a home audience and the standing ovation she deserves? Yeah. I don't care if it's unlikely and not gonna happen, I'll still hope. Because she's the ONLY ONE in skating who can make me feel so emotional. Thank you, Zhenya.

And yes, that was very, very sappy right now. Don't care. It happens. :laugh:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
On the one hand, this is a super gala performance, suited for the spotlight and the lighting and smoke effects, given its theatrical nature and inspiration.

On the other hand, we were robbed. I am simultaneously delighted to finally see Alegria, and also upset that we didn't get to see it in competition. I love it. I deeply, deeply love it.

If her body let's her and she decides to go in for next year's season the she could still do Algeria in competitions, it is a shows stopper, and one neck of an amazing programm. And I think even eteri knows that . Zhenya does look really great again. Question is how her lungs are, because I think that may be one of the main reasons why she is skipping this season. She said earlier this year that she had over 40 percent lung damage. So I would say her doing anothe2r season/seasons depends on how well she recovered from that

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Well. I almost cried watching this.

Such a special program, so joyful and her smile throughout…. It’s so cruel that covid prevented us from seeing this masterpiece in competion and most importantly, prevented her from skating it the way she could have. Just for this I'll keep hoping that she attempts one final comeback and skates this at a competitive event. Imagine it at Rostelecom with a home audience and the standing ovation she deserves? Yeah. I don't care if it's unlikely and not gonna happen, I'll still hope. Because she's the ONLY ONE in skating who can make me feel so emotional. Thank you, Zhenya.

And yes, that was very, very sappy right now. Don't care. It happens. :laugh:
I think it depends on zhenyas health and nothing else. I think if covid had it given her over 40 percent lung damage than we would have seen her this season in competitions. As it stands zhenya is as we2 can see still training, she did not have one fall in all of her shows like at all, she does have her muscles back, mabye not as they were when she was training full time but they are definitely there. She looks, healthy and happy. You can't expect someone with almost 50 percent lung damage to be fine in a few months , that will take time , And no I doubt eteri would not like zhenya going in for next season because it would actually show that eteri can take a 22 year old to competitions , at the moment I say it's 50/50 chance. If her body can take a full free prorga m with all her jumpa, and if she still has the drive to compete ( we dont know if she doesnt like her life right now aqs it is more than when she was competing )

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think it depends on zhenyas health and nothing else. I think if covid had it given her over 40 percent lung damage than we would have seen her this season in competitions. As it stands zhenya is as we2 can see still training, she did not have one fall in all of her shows like at all, she does have her muscles back, mabye not as they were when she was training full time but they are definitely there. She looks, healthy and happy. You can't expect someone with almost 50 percent lung damage to be fine in a few months , that will take time , And no I doubt eteri would not like zhenya going in for next season because it would actually show that eteri can take a 22 year old to competitions , at the moment I say it's 50/50 chance. If her body can take a full free prorga m with all her jumpa, and if she still has the drive to compete ( we dont know if she doesnt like her life right now aqs it is more than when she was competing )
Look, I‘m not trying to start this discussion right now, it‘s pretty pointless. Right now, I‘m just both very, very happy (because I‘ve missed this feeling watching figure skating) and a little melancholic - because this wasn‘t how it was supposed to be.

For Zhenya‘s comeback, I only have to say that her motivation and determination have never been a problem. There‘s a lot of factors against her and to overcome them she‘ll need more than just her iron will, she’ll need a little bit of luck for once (it‘s about time after all the bad stuff that happened to her, if you ask me…) I‘m not expecting anything from her, she‘s done so much for this sport and has nothing left to prove. I‘m just hoping and honestly, in the end that‘s all we can do.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Look, I‘m not trying to start this discussion right now, it‘s pretty pointless. Right now, I‘m just both very, very happy (because I‘ve missed this feeling watching figure skating) and a little melancholic - because this wasn‘t how it was supposed to be.

For Zhenya‘s comeback, I only have to say that her motivation and determination have never been a problem. There‘s a lot of factors against her and to overcome them she‘ll need more than just her iron will, she’ll need a little bit of luck for once (it‘s about time after all the bad stuff that happened to her, if you ask me…) I‘m not expecting anything from her, she‘s done so much for this sport and has nothing left to prove. I‘m just hoping and honestly, in the end that‘s all we can do.
I didn't want a discussion as I too hope and naturally would love to see her next season. I just said that in my opinion the only thing why we are not seeing her this season is probably her health.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And can we just say that this would have been one heck of an Olympic programm and is better than the programms the ladies currently fighting for an Olympic spot have like by miles?
It really is. In the competition threads, there is a lot of talk about the O!ympic programs being meh this season, except Josefin's. This is an Olympic worthy program. I love it so much.

Amy Zara

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
ohh my god Alegria is everything!! I saw the tweet saying she'd performed it, but the photo wouldn't load until I was home...slow torture in which I imagined what the costume would look like - I was wrong, and in the best way!

I love the dress, it's like nothing we've seen on Zhenya before (and didn't she say that last year, that it would be something new?) and it was SO good to see her perform solo again like that. Just chills.

This program, this dress, this skater 😭 ❤️