Jason Brown | Page 869 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think this situation is simpler than we are making it out to be.

My guess is that he did something to his foot, took doctors advice and took it easy (possibly including champs camp and those rumors). He then got clearance for more training and is thus jumping again.

He is the type to listen to doctors even if they say no flips or lutzes at champs camp

and he is the type to get his jumps back quickly as he is very well trained.

He likely got clearance between champs and sun valley and now we are seeing clips as he is back training and snapped back quickly.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
In this US Figure Skating Fanzone article, Jacob Sanchez is very complimentary toward Jason:

Exerpt:

Like many skating fans, Sanchez admires Chen's athleticism and technique and hopes his jumps can be like the "Quad King" one day. However, it's Brown's portrayal of personality and artistry that Sanchez looks to emulate.

"In 2019, for my intermediate season, I skated to 'Riverdance.' [Brown's 2014 'Riverdance' free skate] was one of my biggest inspirations for that," Sanchez explained. "It was really my inspiration for skating, too. When I saw him, I told my mom I want to be like him. I want to skate to 'Riverdance.'"

:love:

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In this US Figure Skating Fanzone article, Jacob Sanchez is very complementary toward Jason:

Exerpt:

Like many skating fans, Sanchez admires Chen's athleticism and technique and hopes his jumps can be like the "Quad King" one day. However, it's Brown's portrayal of personality and artistry that Sanchez looks to emulate.

"In 2019, for my intermediate season, I skated to 'Riverdance.' [Brown's 2014 'Riverdance' free skate] was one of my biggest inspirations for that," Sanchez explained. "It was really my inspiration for skating, too. When I saw him, I told my mom I want to be like him. I want to skate to 'Riverdance.'"

:love:

Of course he does, Jacob is adorable and an entrancing skater in his own right.

could not pick a better role model:clap:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's fun to see Jacob get some spotlight. Until this March, I lived a few miles down the road from where he skates and he goes to the high school my kids went to. So he's a homie! I knew that he had caught Ro's eye, but didn't know that he is a big Jason fan. Smart kid and a good skater! Looking forward to seeing more of him!

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
100% I think the social media updates are planned and strategic. Build the buzz around him, get the fans onside, get people talking about him going to Beijing (and then cue outrage if he didn’t make it). Jason is already a fan favourite so the more he can get the better they probably think his chances are for making the team.
We have three spots now so the chances of Jason making the olympic team are higher but still dependent on his GP and Nats performances... but having a massive fan backing is going to help.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm getting accustomed to the "Daily Jason". Today, Happy Birthday Tracy!

But did anyone notice that in the Japanese version, Twitter translate, he says "It's Tracy's 60th birthday". He doesn't say that in English ;)

And I do believe that is one of @NoNameFace 's lovely flower crowns:clap:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm getting accustomed to the "Daily Jason". Today, Happy Birthday Tracy!

But did anyone notice that in the Japanese version, Twitter translate, he says "It's Tracy's 60th birthday". He doesn't say that in English ;)

And I do believe that is one of @NoNameFace 's lovely flower crowns:clap:

I wish I made flower crowns this pretty! This is IdF 2018 when I actually didn't yet make crowns, but this was 1st competition I went live with craft gifts (sunflowers bouquet and card).
However - I actually had flower crowns made for Jason and Tracy for 2020 Worlds that didn't happen :(. They are ready to go, but taking into consideration the sanitary protocols etc. I doubt I would be able to gift Jason/Tracy with crowns now (for example at Finlandia Trophy where I will be in person).

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wish I made flower crowns this pretty! This is IdF 2018 when I actually didn't yet make crowns, but this was 1st competition I went live with craft gifts (sunflowers bouquet and card).
However - I actually had flower crowns made for Jason and Tracy for 2020 Worlds that didn't happen :(. They are ready to go, but taking into consideration the sanitary protocols etc. I doubt I would be able to gift Jason/Tracy with crowns now (for example at Finlandia Trophy where I will be in person).
I hope they allow you to give them the crowns. That would be lovely! Lucky you to be able to go!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I hope they allow you to give them the crowns. That would be lovely! Lucky you to be able to go!
I will pack a few and will see once I am there, but I don't have my hopes too high.
As for going...I went over my planned budget for this trip, but decided to give it a go since it's Olympic season (taking every chance to see skaters live before eventual post-Olympics retirements) and I haven't been at competition live since 2020 Junior Worlds. Plus I couldn't resist seeing Jason live, especially with these two programs :).
I am pretty bummed though that practices will be closed for the audience, but at the same time I understand safety protocols.

Last edited:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I will pack a few and will see once I am there, but I don't have my hopes too high.
As for going...I went over my planned budget for this trip, but decided to give it a go since it's Olympic season (taking every chance to see skaters live before eventual post-Olympics retirements) and I haven't been at competition live since 2020 Junior Worlds. Plus I couldn't resist seeing Jason live, especially with these two programs :).
I am pretty bummed though that practices will be closed for the audience, but at the same I understand safety protocols.
Practices are fun, but I'm glad that they are prioritizing safety. Can't wait for your observations!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No, not a comment on the "Daily Jason".

I missed this interview with Karina Manta where she talks about her new book, and parenthetically mentions Jason (her former roommate and prom partner) as someone who helped her fight anorexia:

Much else in the article, (all praise to Karina) but as this is the Jason Fan Fest, I'll leave it there :).

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
No, not a comment on the "Daily Jason".

I missed this interview with Karina Manta where she talks about her new book, and parenthetically mentions Jason (her former roommate and prom partner) as someone who helped her fight anorexia:

Much else in the article, (all praise to Karina) but as this is the Jason Fan Fest, I'll leave it there :).
Thanks for the info. Going over to read the article. I think that there are a lot of stories out there about Jason being supportive and helpful to other skaters. We only know a few of them. He's a truly special person!

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Why did he stop before the end????

The edges and flow are beautiful. The “always ever so slightly changing” bit has me ever so slightly concerned.

But hopefully that’s just my paranoia…😂
I assume they are tweaking the program to increase PCs and GOEs. That's an action packed step sequence! We'll know soon!