2021-22 Russian Ice Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Ice Dance

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Tomorrow the 2nd stage of the Cup starts with the ice dance RD of juniors and seniors.

At least we know the names of the ice dancers thanks to their training schedule:

Just to throw a catch, some interesting names, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Skopcova/Aleshin, Morozov/Bagin in seniors. Among juniors there will be Ilya Vladimirov, who will be interesting to watch as he skated with Kaganovskaya, they even won Ice Age Kids first season. also Anna Scherbakova's namesake is present :)

No names in other categories so far.

Kittosuni

Medalist
I hope Shanaeva/Narizhnyi cleans up big time before their short dance in Budapest because i was watching their run-thrus and they were messy and she was especially missing a lot of turns and doing foot downs. A bit concerning to watch. Hopefully they were just feeling the ice.

Aside from the Lithuanian team, they have a very good chance to win if they are clean. A win will be good to their reputation

Kittosuni

Medalist
Why not send Diana Davis? They are already in US, and we get to see the battle of daughters!

Since it is the hosting fed that will choose the replacement, I will be very shock if they choose another Russian team let alone D/S especially with how they score in their last event. They will probably would like to invite a non-threat team.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Two top ice dance teams out at once, not very joyful news for the russian ice dance this week. I hope it's all just temporary.
Actually all top3, since Stepanova’s back injury was flaring up recently. Horrible turn of events for Russian ice dance, but I’m hoping they’ll all recover quickly, if not for their GPs, at least for Nationals.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Actually all top3, since Stepanova’s back injury was flaring up recently. Horrible turn of events for Russian ice dance, but I’m hoping they’ll all recover quickly, if not for their GPs, at least for Nationals.
I know Stepanova had back problems, but I thought they are back in training.

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh I am very sorry to hear this. I hate to see any hard working athletes injured or ill, especially so many from one country. Best wishes for a full recovery for all of the skaters.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I know Stepanova had back problems, but I thought they are back in training.
I thought they were too - I think they missed test skates beause she had a chest infection (?) and they missed Finlandia because they still didn't feel ready to compete. Their first event is the Italian GP so it would make sense why they'd rather wait an extra month and debut their programmes with better health and full training.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Training list for ice dance teams at the 3rd stage of the Russian Cup shows the names:

In seniors there are Khudaiberdieva/Bazin or Shevchenko/Eremenko.