2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

ashleyming

On the Ice
Patrick posted a pic of him and his son. ❀ First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Patrick Chan pushing a baby carriage on the street. 😌 A new generation of skaters has started, I guess!? πŸ‘ Congrats to Chiddy and Liz again! ❀❀❀

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Ah Patrick. He looks so Vancouver down to the Blundstone's to the Pategonia type jacket and the hipster jeans. Wishing him LIz and baby the best and hoping we see him on the ice some time. I wonder if Patrick if bought his dream million dollar condo (not sure how much of a dream that was considering Vancouver a million isn't much.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So excite to hear we will get to see Gabby skate one more time internationally. She would have to win probably to have any chance of making the olympics and then win Nats. I don't know if it would enough though for body of work. NOt sure about Canada's standard. I wonder if she went back to Rhapsody program if she could re ignite? When she is on she has such fire! And her jumps are huge. Canadian ladies when on have some of the best jumps - from Manley to Chouinard to ROchette to Daleman to Osmond. Huge jumps with great power. Maybe issue with nerves and consistency - but wow.

ashleyming

On the Ice
So excite to hear we will get to see Gabby skate one more time internationally. She would have to win probably to have any chance of making the olympics and then win Nats. I don't know if it would enough though for body of work. NOt sure about Canada's standard. I wonder if she went back to Rhapsody program if she could re ignite? When she is on she has such fire! And her jumps are huge. Canadian ladies when on have some of the best jumps - from Manley to Chouinard to ROchette to Daleman to Osmond. Huge jumps with great power. Maybe issue with nerves and consistency - but wow.
When Gabby is on, she is definitely a medal contender.

ashleyming

On the Ice
Wondering how Kaiya Ruiter is these days! :) I have had a soft spot for this young ladies since she won the Junior National Title in 2020, and she has had good results in both of her 2021 JGP assignments too. So much potential to improve here, tbh! πŸ’œ

mrrice

Record Breaker
:ot: Canadians, I was just watching Joshua Farris' Give Me Love SP and I loved it so much. Do any of you know what Jeff Buttle is up to these days. Is he still doing choreography?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Patrick posted a pic of him and his son. ❀ First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Patrick Chan pushing a baby carriage on the street. 😌 A new generation of skaters has started, I guess!? πŸ‘ Congrats to Chiddy and Liz again! ❀❀❀

I am such a big snoop when it comes to Patrick and I can't believe I missed the birth announcement. What an exciting time for his Family. Maybe his son can learn to skate with Keegan's new baby.

ashleyming

On the Ice
:ot: Canadians, I was just watching Joshua Farris' Give Me Love SP and I loved it so much. Do any of you know what Jeff Buttle is up to these days. Is he still doing choreography?
He is still doing choreography and also attends in the coaching system of The Granite Club. πŸ€— I saw Jeff at The 2022 Sectionals, along with Gabby and other skaters of The Granite Club too.

Last edited:

ashleyming

On the Ice
Stephen Gogolev and Wesley Chiu were 14th and 11th after the SP at 2021 Warsaw Cup, respectively.
Wesley did a pretty good job for his international senior debut despite a couple of mistakes (he got an edge call for the 3F, and stepped out of the 3Lz on the combo 3Lz+2T), and Stephen... well... I guess he just needs to work more to come back, good news is that he is still competing after all, though personally, I don't have a favor for his short program of this season (The music was just questionable, for me).
Stephen's SP:

Wesley's SP:

ashleyming

On the Ice
Just watched Stephen's FP. Not bad on the jumps except for the 3lutz (hand down) but no quads and bad spins... He is slow as well. It will take time adjusting to his new body. Let's wish him to gain his level back !
Still wondering what exactly happened to Stephen in the last 20 months, the quality of many of his elements has decreased too much, especially the skating skills and spinning techniques. 😒 Must have been hard!

ashleyming

On the Ice
Back to the Grand Prix event in France, Keegan was in 6th place after the SP. Piper and Paul was 2nd and definitely a contender for the podium. 😁